It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Preparing For Massive QUAKE & Meltdown - Rushing $15M Meals to NM Quake Zone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
everyone is so scared. i don't get it.

i mean...whether TPTB are about to about to make the world crumble or it's gonna be natural or nothing is going to happen...it's only the process of natural selection.

sometimes...a lot of people have to die. sorry. it's the sad truth. we humans are soooo concerned about ourselves only. like we think we're so important. you know what? if you die tonight..i doubt more than 10 people will cry and truly miss you. you are meaningless in the grand scheme. you are really only important in your own head.

we're all gonna die one day. why not enjoy life? i mean...i'm, stocking up and all that jazz...and staying informed...but i'm still living life. matter of fact...i gotta run. i've got friends to go hang out with.

later...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Isn't this based on the Joint Exercise that took place in May of this year? Old News.
There was already alot of hubub about this months ago and everyone thought the new Madrid zone was going to starting moving back then. FEMA's bid advertisement for the MREs was part of the exercise.
The NG was involved as were other agencies and first responders in the area.
Whether it makes them prepared for a real event, who knows? Probably not.
But this is nothing.
And yeah, the New Madrid zone is an area of concern...which is why the exercise took place.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

i mean...whether TPTB are about to about to make the world crumble or it's gonna be natural or nothing is going to happen...it's only the process of natural selection.

sometimes...a lot of people have to die. sorry. it's the sad truth.

abovetopsecret is the interest, not fear-mongering.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have watched for months and months how people keep regurgitating the same false and proven to be so information, on both ATS and all across the NET.

The food rations for FEMA was a cost exercise, and hypothetical they asked tenders to give them a price for it.

It was cancelled less than 8 weeks after first putting it to costing, no order was ever made.

NO EMERGENCY meals have been prepared for millions of americans its a lie.

Try reserach sourcing peoples claims before believing them!

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That's a really interesting group of videos. I'm not sure what to make of all of it.
IF this is really going down... it would make sense why they would be having a
nation wide emergency alert broadcast test soon. I mean...that would pretty much
have a major impact on our entire country, right?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
emergency system to direct and control the masses just like propagandized media. people want answers, give them your story so they dont find out the real one. well, thats what abovetopsecret is all about. the .00001% of population actually on here seeking answers and true intel.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The US CENSUS Bureau provides a running estimate at the related link below.
As of May 30, 2009, the US Population was estimated at 304,059,724 persons.

thats alot of people going to be dead if they are expecting to only fed 7mil or at most 14 mil.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am on the fence with this one.
On one hand I know FEMA has
to prepare, that's what they do
and they get funding to do it.
On the other hand with the
quakes in unusual locations
and the fact that we are over due
for something big I will prepare
and hope for the best. I too won't
stop living but it doesn't hurt
to have supplies for a quake,
hurricane or what ever else may
happen.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InshaAllah
The US CENSUS Bureau provides a running estimate at the related link below.
As of May 30, 2009, the US Population was estimated at 304,059,724 persons.

thats alot of people going to be dead if they are expecting to only fed 7mil or at most 14 mil.

personnel only.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Decent video's but the guy lost me when he didn't know what the acronym CONUS stood for. How can anyone be taken seriously after that?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Those are not Weather Channel web sites.

www.weather.com

That is the official weather channel web site.
goo.gl Really?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the April 2011 epic flood of the Mississippi River was a precursor to the New Madrid fault giving way......

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

sometimes...a lot of people have to die. sorry. it's the sad truth. we humans are soooo concerned about ourselves only. like we think we're so important. you know what? if you die tonight..i doubt more than 10 people will cry and truly miss you. you are meaningless in the grand scheme. you are really only important in your own head.

we're all gonna die one day. why not enjoy life? i mean...i'm, stocking up and all that jazz...and staying informed...but i'm still living life. matter of fact...i gotta run. i've got friends to go hang out with.

later...

Gee thanks, nice to know that my existance does not mean anything. Nice to know that I dont matter. People have spent a fortune in therapy trying to get those kinds of messages out of their heads. Good to have you here to put them back and reinforce them too. You have friends? Seriously ?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
yea burnin candle at both ends

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

They had plenty of supplies in warehouses for Katrina, but the logistics system broke down.

Doesn't matter how prepared someone is terms of materiel, human error can mess any planning up.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

later...

Gee thanks, nice to know that my existance does not mean anything. Nice to know that I dont matter. People have spent a fortune in therapy trying to get those kinds of messages out of their heads. Good to have you here to put them back and reinforce them too. You have friends? Seriously ?

People have become waaay too complacent in the geology of North America (United States)....they just 'know' that nothing catastrophic could ever happen to good ole' America....

This had made them callous to things like earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, and the like. As long as it doesn't happen LITERALLY IN THEIR BACKYARD, they don't care.

I asked my children's dad today if he heard about the East Coast quake yesterday... he said," Did you feel it?"

(We are in Memphis)

I stated, "No, but what does that have to do with anything?"

He said, "Then why do you care?"

Sometimes, some of us get accused of 'doomin and gloomin'....

I can honestly say, and I'm sure many here can agree with me, that sometimes, in a way, we need 'something' to happen to wake humanity up from their callous slumber

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I'm wondering if the April 2011 epic flood of the Mississippi River was a precursor to the New Madrid fault giving way......

The River Flood was due to heavy snowfall in the winter combined with heavy rainfall in the spring. It is a natural occurence. And it was really only "epic" in the minds of the news media hyping it up. Granted, some areas flooded pretty good, but drought in the lower Mississippi plain combined with modern flood control systems pretty much made it a non event. It was a teeny,baby sized flood compared to 1927.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If FEMA are preparing well in advance, you have to give the Govt full credit for doing their part and no doubt will do the best they can should a mega natural disaster take place.

So why question your Govt?

As for those FEMA coffins.......picture a mega EQK and thousands of dead corpses lying around; it only takes days before diseases break out, drinking water is affected, food becomes scarce, and there's total anarchy.

Emergency services will have to be a combined effort, so I strongly suggest those who do not have a first aid certificate should consider getting one by doing a course.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I live six hours northeast of Memphis, TN. I was researching local county folklore when I came across a report of unusual occurrences in my county during the winter of 1811/1812. I wasn't allowed to take the book out of the library, but here's the gist of the report.

The first sign that something was amiss with terra mater was our local river, the Calfkiller, catching on fire. It was reported to burn with a whitish flame. Geologists now think it was methane coming from our bedrock (shale/slate and granite and limestone) that rose to the surface of the river and caught fire. The second sign was the steam/mist coming up from the ground. This venting was quickly followed by the great quakes. Entire river islands moved. Land masses sank and rose. Water disappeared and reappeared in other places. It was also unseasonably warm that winter.The book said people were convinced it was the end of the world. A comet and some meteors were seen shortly after the second quake, causing even more panic. Then the war of 1812 started and people had much more pressing matters to be concerned with.

I shared this because, if the last quake did that much to change our geography over 300 miles away, what would it do to modern day Memphis/St. Louis? Also, how do you think people would react today. If they were panicking before telegraph, telephone, cable and the internet, what would it be like now?

Fema is throwing rocks into the Grand Canyon with this potential disaster. I doubt they'll be able to manage the hysteria surrounding the big one, let alone the actual physical damages.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Lets assume the story is true -
Just do some maths - how many people live in this area. So 14 million meals won't go far, will they?
Lets assume that in the event of a disaster, they send in those 20000 troops people have been talking about.
That is 700 meals for each soldier, at 3 meals a day, that is enough food for 233 days.
So it cannot be for the general opulation can it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join