It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Libya war if fake fake fake

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Wag the Dog, do you mean the Tail wagging the dog? I egt your point I think. But the war is real, just not as we see it.

Yes, it's the same idea. Wag the Dog was a movie with Robert Deniro where a fake war was staged for the media.

I do think there is real war going on. But exactly what kind of war is it?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

Gadaffi has a MASSIVE underground tunnel system. It was build to bring water from an underground freshwater basin in the southern Libya to the more populated North.

From the Telegraph:

The project, which cost a staggering £15 billion was titled the Great Man Made River and promised to bring water from the Saharan aquifer in the south of the country to the major cities of Tripoli and Benghazi.

It connects all the big cities and are up to 4 m wide and 100m below the surface. It is also connected to a smaller network below Tripoli that is rumored to stretch under all key buildings.

In May journalists based at Tripoli's Rixos Hotel claimed Gaddafi used an underground tunnel to travel from his compound at Bab al-Aziziya around a mile away. Reporters said he suddenly emerged in one of the hotel's conference rooms having not been seen entering the building through the main entrance.

Sorry for the threadjack. OP is a tool.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The overall goal is to return mch of the middle east to sharia lawand mslim dictators. Syria is next.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wow - what a poor thread. One of the worst I've EVER read on ATS it has to be said. Welcome to the real world folks.

Do none of you remember peaceful protests in Benghazi (yes inspired by Tunisia and Egypt) being met with live ammunition?

Are you none of you aware of the tactics of war when you wonder how 'all of a sudden' the rebels 'take Tripoli? Gadaffi's forces allowed the 'rebels' into Tripoli - it's called 'a trap'. It's a tactic that will ultimately fail - Gadaffi's supply lines have been cut off - it's only a matter of time before he has to go.

This is NOT fake - that is a dream and would indicate a tad too much of living in a fantastical world of make believe.

Come back to reality and you too could make a difference - a real one - not a virtual one.
edit on 23-8-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

the war is going on I know people there and people that have been killed there. Now the reason be hide to I believe is fake

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HelloJCneedsomehelp

I know people there too. I was so relieved last week when I finally heard they were ok. It took months to hear anything. This has been a nightmare. It better be worth it in the end.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives
I searched for this before posting and I did not find anything quite like it.

Here is why I know the war is fake.

1. Kaddafi’s son is killed and soon after Kaddafi is shown playing chess with the Russian Chairman of the World Chess Federation.
2. Before NATO went to war with Kaddafi Libya had one of the highest standards of living in Africa if not the highest. But since the politics require Kaddafi to be removed he is suddenly as brutal dictator.
3. I have been watching the hordes of rebel idiots for the past few days and they are a total zombie apocalypse. There are lots of them, but they are retarded. And where are the forces that they have been fighting for months? We never see them. We just see some disheveled moron firing a chain gun aimlessly at some unseen foe. Every time there have been verifiable rebel casualties it has been due to NATO bombing them. In six months I have seen one YES ONE wounded soldier that was alleged to be pro Kaddafi.
4. We go for six months with the zombie apocalypse rebels making no progress and now suddenly over the weekend they succeed and take over the country. Just whose timeline are we working on here?
5. America's involvement has been suspect from the beginning. It was never legal and the limp wristed opposition in the congress was never convincing.
6. Kaddafi and Obama flash all of the same hand signs.

The entire Eastern war(s) originate from 9/11 (witch is not done by Osama), was an inside job by TPTB to 'justify' a war against the middle east. U.S. troops never left the middle east from that day forward..... MMMmmm.....

Why: Black Gold or also known as oil. Evertything is based on money, power and control witch result in greed for more.

ANYTHING to 'justify' a war to the public, and mindless cheep even 'cheer' them on.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Well if you subscribe to the whole NWO/Reptillians thing then one group taking out the gadaffi lizard makes sense as he had clearly gone rogue anyway ie: he was in danger of giving the whole game away.

For the record I am a little skeptical of the whole lizard overlord concept.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

5. America's involvement has been suspect from the beginning. It was never legal and the limp wristed opposition in the congress was never convincing.

I'm pretty sure America followed the UK and France into this after much deliberation.

Why was it not legal?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky

Originally posted by JesusLives
reply to post by Kaiuk

whatever, shill

HE DISAGREE'S WITH MY RIDICULOUS CLAIM! HE MUST BE A SHILL!

Yep, way to go bud. Go read a news paper.

LMAO, what on earth is a shill?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thankyou sir for this thread i agree completely, but theres other things i think are a part of the bigger picture.

Gaddafi started the African Union which is very much like the European Union with similiar laws therefore why is he an enemy of the globalists?
Gaddafi's son met with Peter Mandelson a pro E.U Rothschild puppet at the Rothschild mansion on Corfu along with his political opponent George Osbourne (Nathaniel Rothschild's college friend) also Prince Andrew .
At this time the Lockerbie bomber was released to Libya when they announced the discovered untapped oil field with potentially 44 billion barrels , Gaddafi's son buys a north London apartment worth over a million pounds Gordon Brown goes on television and says theres no conspiracy.
Theres an 'accidental' oil spill where BP are responsible despite claims that American engineers were working on the pipeline before it burst, investigators claim that the British government ,BP and the Libyans worked together on a corrupt oil deal.
America muscles in on military action in Libya.
Public reaction to the eastern uprisings are supportive towards the people its now made to look like the people are demanding change rather than have it forced on them like Iraq and Afghanistan, this new manipulation is used via the new social networking websites first used in Egypt.

In my opinion all this adds up i think that Gaddafi has sold his country out hes no victim but a part of the hoax.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think all wars have been fake since WWII, and it had some fakeness.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
Wow - what a poor thread. One of the worst I've EVER read on ATS it has to be said. Welcome to the real world folks.

Do none of you remember peaceful protests in Benghazi (yes inspired by Tunisia and Egypt) being met with live ammunition?

Are you none of you aware of the tactics of war when you wonder how 'all of a sudden' the rebels 'take Tripoli? Gadaffi's forces allowed the 'rebels' into Tripoli - it's called 'a trap'. It's a tactic that will ultimately fail - Gadaffi's supply lines have been cut off - it's only a matter of time before he has to go.

This is NOT fake - that is a dream and would indicate a tad too much of living in a fantastical world of make believe.

Come back to reality and you too could make a difference - a real one - not a virtual one.

You popped out of your alternate reality where the government/nato/nwo never lie? Wake up, you too could make a difference.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I've been saying the same thing since the while thing started. It's a "western" backed insurrection.

What would the USA/France/Britain/etc do if a small group of anti government individuals were suddenly armed and supported by a foreign country? let them rise up?

One thing Mr.G (or K or whatever) did for his country that pissed the "west" off is nationalize the oil production, have a national Bank (one of the few countries that didn't have an international Rothschild bank, others include/included Iran, Syria, Iraq, Afghan,coincidence?). Oh also he funded/built and publicly stated the "west" would most likely attack him upon the creation of The Great Man Made River.

Don't know what that is? Look it up. It would of made the coastal regions of Libya completely self sufficient from any international corporations. National water/ National Oil / National banking.

The greatest threat to the "west" is a self sufficient Country.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by christina-66

You popped out of your alternate reality where the government/nato/nwo never lie? Wake up, you too could make a difference.

Did I now? My information comes from my friend in Benghazi. Where does yours come from?

I'm based in Scotland - I work, unwillingly, in our corrupt little court system - and I KNOW why Megrahi was released - do you?

You reckon 42 years of oppression, with a dynastic heir appointed, that the Libyan people would NEVER react?

You've been on this site as long as I have - with 12 times the number of posts. The real world is far more informative than the virtual one....you should give it a try some time. TPTB just love people like you - too busy spouting off on the net to actually participate.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Did I now? My information comes from my friend in Benghazi. Where does yours come from?

I'm based in Scotland - I work, unwillingly, in our corrupt little court system - and I KNOW why Megrahi was released - do you?

You reckon 42 years of oppression, with a dynastic heir appointed, that the Libyan people would NEVER react?

You've been on this site as long as I have - with 12 times the number of posts. The real world is far more informative than the virtual one....you should give it a try some time. TPTB just love people like you - too busy spouting off on the net to actually participate.

Whoa, lol, pull your claws back in!!

You've been here long enough to know that personal attacks such as that are against the T&C.

My post, which triggered such bitter judgement, was simply a reply in kind to the one you made.

I believe the Libyan rebels are NWO instigated, probably payrolled too. Libya's business is Libya's business, it is has nothing to do with any other country, and no-one will convince me this was an 'altruistic' action on the part of the UN. I have yet to see the UN do anything which is altruistic, it's about plundering and looting and subjugating. Libya was massively wealthy - note the use of the world 'was' because now they will bleed it dry. The Libyan gold will soon be gone, into the same endless pit of greed. That's why they went there, imo.

The murderous, theiving, lying, evil excuses for human beings who currently run our planet don't have an altruistic cell in their body.

And now the Libyan people have had their land bombarded with DU, children will be born with terrible deformities, illness will increase, cancer will increase, land and water contaminated. The poor will become poorer, the rich will become more rich and US/International corporations will be there like vultures.

Libya has had 'the treatment;.

Here's what John Perkins has to say about why UN is attacking Libya:

Libya: It’s Not About Oil, It’s About Currency and Loans

By John Perkins

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- World Bank President Robert Zoellick Thursday said he hopes the institution will have a role rebuilding Libya as it emerges from current unrest.

Zoellick at a panel discussion noted the bank’s early role in the reconstruction of France, Japan and other nations after World War II.

“Reconstruction now means (Ivory Coast), it means southern Sudan, it means Liberia, it means Sri Lanka, I hope it will mean Libya,” Zoellick said.

On Ivory Coast, Zoellick said he hoped that within “a couple weeks” the bank would move forward with “some hundred millions of dollars of emergency support.”( By Jeffrey Sparshott, Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES –full article here – /3hj8yyp .)

We listen to U.S. spokespeople try to explain why we’re suddenly now entangled in another Middle East war. Many of us find ourselves questioning the official justifications. We are aware that the true causes of our engagement are rarely discussed in the media or by our government.

While many of the rationalizations describe resources, especially oil, as the reasons why we should be in that country, there are also an increasing number of dissenting voices. For the most part, these revolve around Libya’s financial relationship with the World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), and multinational corporations.

According to the IMF, Libya’s Central Bank is 100% state owned. The IMF estimates that the bank has nearly 144 tons of gold in its vaults. It is significant that in the months running up to the UN resolution that allowed the US and its allies to send troops into Libya, Muammar al-Qaddafi was openly advocating the creation of a new currency that would rival the dollar and the euro. In fact, he called upon African and Muslim nations to join an alliance that would make this new currency, the gold dinar, their primary form of money and foreign exchange. They would sell oil and other resources to the US and the rest of the world only for gold dinars.

The US, the other G-8 countries, the World Bank, IMF, BIS, and multinational corporations do not look kindly on leaders who threaten their dominance over world currency markets or who appear to be moving away from the international banking system that favors the corporatocracy. Saddam Hussein had advocated policies similar to those expressed by Qaddafi shortly before the US sent troops into Iraq.

In my talks, I often find it necessary to remind audiences of a point that seems obvious to me but is misunderstood by so many: that the World Bank is not really a world bank at all; it is, rather a U. S. bank. Ditto, its closest sibling, the IMF. In fact, if one looks at the World Bank and IMF executive boards and the votes each member of the board has, one sees that the United States controls about 16 percent of the votes in the World Bank – (Compared with Japan at about 7%, the second largest member, China at 4.5%, Germany with 4.00%, and the United Kingdom and France with about 3.8% each), nearly 17% of the IMF votes (Compared with Japan and Germany at about 6% and UK and France at nearly 5%), and the US holds veto power over all major decisions. Furthermore, the United States President appoints the World Bank President.

So, we might ask ourselves: What happens when a “rogue” country threatens to bring the banking system that benefits the corporatocracy to its knees? What happens to an “empire” when it can no longer effectively be overtly imperialistic?

One definition of “Empire” (per my book The Secret History of the American Empire) states that an empire is a nation that dominates other nations by imposing its own currency on the lands under its control. The empire maintains a large standing military that is ready to protect the currency and the entire economic system that depends on it through extreme violence, if necessary. The ancient Romans did this. So did the Spanish and the British during their days of empire-building. Now, the US or, more to the point, the corporatocracy, is doing it and is determined to punish any individual who tries to stop them. Qaddafi is but the latest example.

Understanding the war against Quaddafi as a war in defense of empire is another step in the direction of helping us ask ourselves whether we want to continue along this path of empire-building. Or do we instead want to honor the democratic principles we are taught to believe are the foundations of our country?

History teaches that empires do not endure; they collapse or are overthrown. Wars ensue and another empire fills the vacuum. The past sends a compelling message. We must change. We cannot afford to watch history repeat itself.

Let us not allow this empire to collapse and be replaced by another. Instead, let us all vow to create a new consciousness. Let the grass-roots movements in the Middle East – fostered by the young who must live with the future and are fueled through social networks – inspire us to demand that our country, our financial institutions and the corporations that depend on us to buy their goods and services commit themselves to fashioning a world that is sustainable, just, peaceful, and prosperous for all.

We stand at the threshold. It is time for you and me to step across that threshold, to move out of the dark void of brutal exploitation and greed into the light of compassion and cooperation.

John Perkins

Libya is full of oil.

Libya has 140 tons of gold.

Libya has just completed the harnessing of the water from underground aquifers.

Libya's water could help African countries.

Libya financed the water project by not borrowing from the USA.

Libya has not started its agricultural projects as the water is just coming on line.

.............................Libya has been 'hit'.

edit on 23-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.legitgov.org...

Transitional National Council Hires Patton Boggs to Seize Libyan Assets Posted by Lori Price, www.legitgov.org 23 Aug 2011 Ever wonder how fraudulent this illegal invasion by the so-called Libyan rebels -- aka US/NATO-backed mercenaries and terrorists fighting for Exxon Mobil and BP -- actually is? The Transitional National Council hired DC-based 'law' firm Patton Boggs last week to seize Libyan assets. [MSNBC live, 23 Aug 2011]

Like I said, the vultures are already circling.

So - in what way does seizing Libya's assets help the people they were allegedly their to protect?

Lying, theiving, murderous criminals.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I made a threat about this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com ...

I'll recap some of the things I know if one is too lazy to visit that thread.

This link was an article Nicholas Kirstof wrote. As you might know, he's a headstrong academic-type journalist that's not inclinced to being a war hawk, ever. He supports the libyan war to dethrone gadaffi, and explains why here:
www.nytimes.com ...

Here is a man from my corner of the world that left for Libya months ago to join the rebels:
seattletimes.nwsource.com ...

I recall not mcuh soon after hearing about the rebels trying to establish economic routes. I can't help but wonder if this man in the link above was somehow mixed up with that.

For a background about my views: I did not support Operation Iraqi Freedom back in 2003 because I did not trust the pre-war intelligence and I felt that we were underestimating the indirect costs of the war. There're too numerous to count problems with it that I really do not feel like digging into in these single post. But I will add that Alan Greenspan, in 2005, wrote in his memoir that, "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil." I think that administration officials were afraid what would happen if Iraq's oil was owned by an increasingly unstable and unyielding government. Ironically, this is just one very small part of my thoughts about all of this.

I think there is a media blackout AND a distortion of what's going, but it's for good reasons. I do believe that there's some greed going on with this war, but I also believe there is a genuine rebel force. I am open to being shown to be wrong, though. I am not over there, I do not own the facts, so I cannot say for sure. I just hope that something good comes from all of this.

I did not come here to pick a fight. Just brought some of my thoughts.
edit on 23-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
fakewow!
give me more dirt on the fake please. all opinions appreciated.
i consider a thought that several months from now, the good people of libya come to the realisation they have been faked.
fakeregards
fakedirt.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Tell me - would you think the US's business was the US's business if there were demos outside the Whitehouse met with mercenary Mexican gunfure? Do you think the rest of the world should just sit back and watch it happen? Imagine this scenario with an unarmed population. Should we all simply sit back and let the slaughter happen because it's 'none of our business'?

You think if Obama banned elections and appointed one of his daughters to be President of the US - but only after he died in ooh, with modern medicine, another 40 or 50 years - that the US population would tolerate that?

Economic hitman! Really you're making me laugh. Switzerland - another fave nation of mine (sarcasm) is releasing BILLIONS of Libya's assets that they've been holding since Gaddafi went renegade on the West. Gaddafi was the 'hitman's' puppet - not the Libyan people.

The Libyan's want choice - the same as you and I have. What's NWO about that? They are a warm, kind, caring, gentle people...and although our press are currently doing their level best to talk up a tribal differences conflict, the likes of which we saw in Iraq (fomented by US and UK military) that will NOT happen in Libya.

This is how countries become democratic - the people themselves demand it. There was no bombing of the Libyan people to the ballot box here. Enforced democracy is not democracy - it's an oxymoron.

What's wrong with the posters on this thread? All very much 'glass half empty' kind of people.

The Egyptians took 18 days to change their world - they managed to do so peacefully. Mubarak made to look like a reasonable man compared to Gaddafi and Bashar Al-assad of Syria.

The dangerous lesson the Libyan people have taught TPTB is that an unarmed, untrained population (kept deliberately that way by Gaddafi) is capable of fighting an armed government prepared to kill its own people to retain power - and that the people will WIN.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join