It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your purpose in this reality???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

What you do in life is your purpose. If you are a welder, then that is your purpose. If you are a father, then that is your purpose.

Generally speaking, however, I believe the universe to be intelligent energy. Therefore, the purpose is to teach/learn and to work. You can either enjoy your purpose or not, either way, I think you're stuck with it.

Thanks for sharing your perspective, exactly it is what we are inclined to do that serves as the purpose.

However, we cannot continue to do something that we don't feel inclined to do for any length of time. It is has to be of our highest level excitement to be able to align ourselves to our true core selves.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Life without purpose, is simply pointless. There has to be a purpose...

Peace

You said yourself "I am here to experience life as it is"
So maybe life is the purpose.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I think that makes us hedonists... ::high-five::

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Life without purpose, is simply pointless. There has to be a purpose...

Peace

You said yourself "I am here to experience life as it is"
So maybe life is the purpose.

Our interaction, is a learning experience for me, it helps me to understand life as it is.

What you do in this reality and whatever choices you make in this reality, is your life in the making. What is then your purpose of manifesting into this reality. It should be one that you fill passionate about and that which brings you utmost joy and excitement in life as it is.

Peace
edit on 21-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

What you do in life is your purpose. If you are a welder, then that is your purpose. If you are a father, then that is your purpose.

Generally speaking, however, I believe the universe to be intelligent energy. Therefore, the purpose is to teach/learn and to work. You can either enjoy your purpose or not, either way, I think you're stuck with it.

Thanks for sharing your perspective, exactly it is what we are inclined to do that serves as the purpose.

However, we cannot continue to do something that we don't feel inclined to do for any length of time.

We are free to engage in any activity we desire that is within the realm of our capabilities. If you're doing something that you don't want to do, it is still your purpose.

It is has to be of our highest level excitement to be able to align ourselves to our true core selves.

Peace

That is entirely another issue. Whether you like your purpose or not is irrelevant because it is still your purpose. However, joy is a path of least resistance for intelligent energy to be most efficient in carrying out its purpose.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I want to have the humility before God to overcome the evil that pervades this planet.

The greatest trick that the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he does not exist.

REV 2:7 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

REV 2:11 He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

REV 2:17 To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

REV 2:26 To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations.

REV 3:5 He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

REV 3:11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

REV 3:21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

REV 21:6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Purpose implies fate, which takes away free will. I have a number of probs. with fated purpose in concept.
edit on 8/21/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I agree with you that whatever you do in life serves it's purpose, whether it is against your will or not. If one's purpose was to experience life as it is, than yes that itself serves the purpose.

However, a least resistant path, despite whatever purpose, is one that aligns anyone to it's true core self. One which in no doubt brings utmost joy and happiness.

In this physical plain of existence, there is bound to be resistance. Separation between materialism and spiritualism has widened so much that many have unknowingly enslaved themselves.

Thus knowing one's purpose in life is something that will align one to it's true core self.

For If one feels it serves a purpose than it is purpose, by no means.

Peace

edit on 21-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling and grammer

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I doubt I have a purpose, I have tried intricately to find one to no avail now I am just "floating".

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Purpose implies fate, which takes away free will. I have a number of probs. with fated purpose in concept.

Again, purpose is that which aligns one to it's true core self. You don't loose free will. You do have the freewill\choice to live a life of with our without purpose.

It's your destiny, you are the captain, you hold the answers to your questions.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

It's your destiny, you are the captain, you hold the answers to your questions.

Not with these limited five senses I don't.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

No, not with our 5 senses, it is on a conscious level.

Peace

edit on 21-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I don't think my life has any objective purpose or meaning. Might seem scary to some but to me it's preferable when the alternative is having some meaning foist upon you by some otherworldly force or deity. No mystical energy field controls my destiny. Removing the idea of an afterlife and the concept of having a predetermined fate gives each moment the chance to be meaningful and change things in tangible ways.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To perform autoerotic affixiation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Haha, thanks for the laugh KingJames. :-)

The notion of purpose imo also conflicts with humility/being humble (which I think are as virtuous as any traits could hope to be).

Some people have kind of short/tragic lives. What's their purpose again? To teach you (or others) something? That would be a very non-humble thought.

Not trying to provoke -- just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Whatever happens to us in the afterlife is determined by how we perceive life as it is.

When one believes there is no afterlife than there isn't, you will once a gain reincarnate in an alternative universe, and start all over again.

Evolution on a conscious level will favor those that have awakened...

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

So what happens when we don't believe in reincarnation?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
To perform autoerotic affixiation

Excellent, If it serves your purpose...

thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I think there needs to be a distinction made between knowing one's own purpose in life and knowing the purpose for life.

Knowing the purpose for life, you could align your own purpose, and your purpose would become the purpose.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cib2010

So what happens when we don't believe in reincarnation?

Good question.

Let's see from this perspective.

Take this reality, or lets say earth is a school. So if one does not awake on a conscious level, than evolution does not favor them.

Reincarnation I believe is a complex system that has been place by higher beings for whatever purpose to trap souls.

Whether you believe in reincarnation or not, was not my point, in order to move to high dimensions everyone for that matter has to go through lifes experiences. Finding ones true core self with it comes a sense of purpose.

Peace

edit on 21-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: grammer

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join