It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Egypt reinforcing forces along Isreal border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Report: Egypt reinforcing forces along Isreal border

www.ynetnews.com

According to the report, the reinforcement is aimed at deterring infiltrators and "respond to any Israeli military activity near the border." (Roee Nahmias)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is coming from Egyptian MSM... uh oh.

This is very dangerous stuff. Hopefully it stays quiet... but earlier statements by the Egyptian government doesn't seem it will stay quiet...

Earlier today they said this :

Egypt interim leaderships says "we will not hesitate in attacking Israel"

While Israel has been saying this :

The head of Israel's National Security Council (NSC) urges military action by the regime in the Sinai Peninsula, following growing tensions with Egypt.

The stage is set, just as the world economy ponzi scheme is collapsing... coincidence? I think not.

Update... Israel has done this to calm tensions :

Foreign Ministry sources tell us #Egypt received verbal apology, but that's not enuf, what's requested is official apology #Israel

Not enough...

But don't worry, this whole thing is only to fight militants... and has nothing to do with Israel-Egypt. (that's what the media is gonna say) and that's true... for now.

Embassy official tells Israel Radio that Egypt wants calm, is demanding apology over deaths; Cairo reportedly mediating between J'lem, Hamas.

+1

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's time for America to say Israel you are on your own. When will our government wake up and realize the people are fed up with supporting Israel and it's never ending war.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think it's a bit premature for the BIG ONE but dont be surprised if Egypt takes a whipping if it does come to war.

I don't find anything this morning in the mainstream news about any escalation.
Thx for the threads
edit on 20-8-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well the UN is on Egypt's side.

Urgent: UN forces in Sinai Blame #Israel & says Israeli forces intruded into Sinai and killed #Egyptian Soldiers w resisted it.

Nice job... totally not acting like you own the place.

Anyway...

Netanyahu, Ehud Barak and Lieberman are meeting to think what to do to halt deterioration in ties with Egypt

Why invite Lieberman... Lieberman is a nut.

And more from Egypt...

Jama'a al-Islamiya in Alexandria call for jihad against Israel

An extremist muslim group... obviously.

More :

A senior official at the Egyptian embassy in Tel Aviv told Israel Radio Saturday that, contrary to widespread reports, no decision has been taken to recall Egyptian Ambassador Yasser Ridah to Cairo.

+1

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is exactly what Israel gets because every time someone attacks them they go all half cocked and hit any and every target that moves. They do no investigations and they just strike. You don't really want to start anything with Egypt right now fresh off their overthrow all they need is a cause to galvanize its people. Way to go Israel, do a little fact finding next time and stop bombing innocent people just cause you cant catch the real militants in the act.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

Yes, hit the nail on the head unintentionally there; "all they need is a cause to galvanize its people"

Maybe something to this?

Don't forget, it was the Soviet Union that was instrumental in stirring up Egypt against Israel back in 1967.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i have seen this coming between these 2. they have never really liked each other and their allegiance always seemed forced. dont think egypt is liking playing second fiddle in this area.
i have a question about this situation and if something does start escalating between these 2 countries. will the other north african countries side with egypt and unite them togethor against israel? also if north african countries unite against israel would the middle east also decide to partner up with these african nations? could Gaddafi be behind the scenes stirring the pot? he did threaten to unite the muslim world and start attacking and a march into europe? am i just reaching?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

Yep, like doing nothing but investigations will bring about peace, eh?

This region has been and probably will be forever embroiled in religious hatred, bad tribal politics and war since written history.

I hate it when innocents get killed, regardless of their nationality or ethnicity. But to do nothing only invites more atrocities.

When you are surrounded by known enemies who constantly push your buttons, you have to slap them down from time to time to remind them you are not to be trifled with.

Regardless of what Israel does, they will always be the bad guy with regards to that useless organization (The UN), and the media.

I think they have been pretty light retaliation wise.

Remember that Arabs respect the strong horse. But will continue to stab the camel after it has fallen. History has shown us this.

Now that the western media is taking the Muslim side due to political correctness, they will continue to push the world all into a war most of us do not want.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Well the Arab Gulf states would actually assist Israel if it came to an attack on Iran as they fear the consequences of a nuclear armed Iran. It would result in a power shift in the Middle East, one that would put the likes of Saudi Arabia at the mercy of Iran.

The likes of Iran, Syria and Lebanon would probably support Egypt should a conflict come to pass. Jordan, on the other hand, enjoys it's friendly status with Israel and shares intel with it's neighbour frequently.

Basically, you have those Arab countries that are openly aggressive and volatile with regards to Israel and others that either assist the effort against Israel indirectly whilst keeping their 'noses clean' or view Israel as the the lesser of two evils and a means of staving off the greater evil; a nuclear armed Iran.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wait, what..Egypt attacked Israel?

The false flag case deepens...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Dammit so much...

Egypt state media says Israel has violated 1979 peace treaty

Not good at all...

Abbas to Egypt ambassador to PA: Israeli strikes on Gaza are a ‘dangerous escalation’

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

No one said do nothing but investigate. It seems you learned nothing from the whole Iraq war debacle. Did the US not run half cocked into the middle east trying to exact revenge on shotty 9/11 intel? How is that working for us? No one is debating the fact Israel has the right to defend herself or the dire situation they are in. That doesn't excuse striking blindly without proper intel.

And no Israel is not light on any type of retaliation. They always give more than they taken, then they rush you outta town knock over your home and build on top of it. Where have they ever been light. Its always rocket goes off in Israel, man gets scratched by debris, then Israel responds with a full assault and bombing killing scores. MSM, or muslin perception has nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Don't forget that China has recently been in talks with Israel so if Israel get's attacked maybe China will respond on their side in order to secure arab oil fields for themselves.

Lots of ways this could play out.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If Egypt thinks a war with Israel will go in their favor, they should be warned that the Israelis play for keeps and survival. Egypt will be crushed and it's land taken back again. They got their land back for peace. They can just as easily lose it again for war.

" To the victor goes the spoils of war."

edit on 20-8-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Don't forget that China has recently been in talks with Israel so if Israel get's attacked maybe China will respond on their side in order to secure arab oil fields for themselves.

Lots of ways this could play out.

It was found out that Israel sits on as much oil as Saudi Arabia, and China desperately wants more oil for it's mega industrialization projects going on right now as it seeks to outgrow the United States as a major world power.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Why pay Israel for oil when you can take some other countries for free?

That would be my thought process.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Let Israel get into total war with their neighbors. I don't give a damn.

They've had it coming for decades now.

We, the people of the US, should demand that our government does not interfere in any conflict between Israel and it's neighbors. Let them stand on their own two feet.

They don't do a goddamn thing for us. We're at the brink of collapse and all Israel does is send their shills and lobbyists to beg for more of our tax dollars. Let them burn.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

There won't be total war. If Israel feels that threatened all you will see are nukes going off around them. They you can complain that there is radiation in the food your eating.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

HUMINT is always shoddy. Israel has many HUMINT sources, some validated, some not so much, just like any other Country.

We got taken in the Intel provided us concerning Iraq and now we own it, for what it's worth. I believe that we have a responsibility to try to fix it, but the diplomats throughout the world don't seem to want to. The same could be said about any trouble spot in the world though.

Israel does not really want to give up her borders. Palestinians want a separate state but yet many say they will not stop fighting until Israel is wiped out. Egypt has their own problems and is trying to refocus them on the Israelis in my opinion.

But I still think that Israel goes light on her enemies, though they are hard to identify. I look at it from a Strategic & Tactical viewpoint, not a political one.

It’s a mess. On that, I am sure we can agree.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join