It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People fear "ghosts" too much!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The basic fact its ghosts are no more to be feared than someone who is alive, there are good and bad people in this world and so is the same for the world of spirit.

To say all spirits are ghosts in my opinion is wrong, yes you do have a degree of recorded apparitions that come back at certain times and do specific things, these are your common recurring/recorded "ghosts", when in my opinion these are simply spirits that are unaware of their passing and will act out things that made them happy or things that made them sad, so they will recreate a cirsumstance no matter what.

There is also the grounded spirit, they may or may not be aware of their passing however there is a circumstance or a belief in their thoughts that stops them from passing on to the next level, they will continue being grounded often due to a belief of wrong doing or inability to accept a previous situation.

Then you have a visiting spirit and I think this is amongst the most common amgonst sightings... they come back to see old things that made them happy/sad and to think about their previous life and people, these are typically spirits that will come back at random intervals... if you were a free spirit, would you not want to visit your previous homes and family members?

The basic thing I think to remember is that "ghosts" are like you and I, yes some may be confused and unaware of their situaton, but aren't some people in this world?

We are ALL spirits, with or without a body to inhabit, we currently have a body but on our passing this will become irrelevent, regardless of the situation or our understanding.... spirit's are normal people only without a physical body and you get good and bad people no matter what.... some people wish to be kind, others wish to be mischievous and others mean to be horrid and nasty.

This is the human condition and just because a person passes over into another realm wether they know they have or not, I believe that their essence, their being and personality remains.... these are people, like you and me and to be scared of a "ghost" is to be scared of someone living... there are good and bad people in our world, it is no different in that of the spirit.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What do you base this opinion on?

Did you read it somewhere or just making it up?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

This is based from numerous sources that I have read throughout the years and also my opinion on what it all means... you do not have to fear a spirit anymore than you fear a normal person.

People fear "ghosts" too much, that is my problem and I thought I would make a thread outlining my ideas, through years of research of various sources.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Can you link those various sources so we may look at them also?

I would be interested.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Can you link those various sources so we may look at them also?

I would be interested.

To link them all would be to link a life times worth of knowledge, you don't ask a bluesman how he know's the blues... he aqquires it through various sources, he cannot possibly explain them all!

One book that I found instrumental however in learning about the spirit is, Allen Cardec's Spirit's book...

But too say other sources would be far too hard for me as a lifetime of this understanding is as I said before, like asking a bluesman how he know's the blues... he just does! that's his nature.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Well do you see my point? These are just your thoughts and without a place for us to interrept the same information there is no way to have a discussion about this. You can't be proven wrong or right as there is nothing to base it against.

This is like me saying you should fear every ghost because i've done years of research and that is my informed opinion. Now which one of is right?

You need to give something for your readers to digest and compare to your statement otherwise a good discussion can't happen.

Interesting topic however.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

This topic is to be discussed... personal experience I believe is very important... as this is the key mostly, I have had many experience and they have been positive and they have been scary but throughout it all I have began to understand the nature of spirit, it is all subjective and perfect for discussion.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Very well, I stand corrected

Good luck with your thread

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
"Ghosts" are a product of the mind and nothing more. There is no soul or spirit, only the energy we are borrowing while we are alive. When that energy is released during the process of death it is re dispersed to the environment in other forms. This is scientific FACT. A soul is a baseless, and fact-less element of a "faith" based BELIEF system. Unless you can provide solid scientific proof of a soul, or "Ghost" then threads like this really are just tabloid in nature...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Well do you see my point? These are just your thoughts and without a place for us to interrept the same information there is no way to have a discussion about this. You can't be proven wrong or right as there is nothing to base it against.

This is like me saying you should fear every ghost because i've done years of research and that is my informed opinion. Now which one of is right?

You need to give something for your readers to digest and compare to your statement otherwise a good discussion can't happen.

Interesting topic however.

Or if you really wanted to get involved in this thread you could go do some research on the OPs topic... You may just find information that goes against his view...

Sometimes debunking someones opinion takes a little effort on the readers part.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
heres my two cents on the ghosts

if they wanted to hurt us they would've already

if they were our loved ones they would contact us some way some how draw some words on a foggy glass at the minimum lol

i knew a couple that were pretty close to me had police called to there place because of problems with "unexplained events" going on at there house . doors closing cupboards noise etc...

when they would tell me about it , you could see the fear in there eyes and how pale they got telling it

still give me creeps

but if there anything then i say they are punk "forces "(deamons , multi dimensional beings , poltegiests, aliens , etc ) messing with us and having a gay ol time about it

but i am down for investigating any "alleged" haunted houses ? document , experince , find solutions first hand with any ats members if they are down ..

i'll do it but atleast with ten people and balls of steel

p.s

there are some scary avatars on ATS with some members lol the guy above me is one example....

where do you people find these things ...i must say they get pretty creative

edit on 19-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
"Ghosts" are a product of the mind and nothing more. There is no soul or spirit, only the energy we are borrowing while we are alive. When that energy is released during the process of death it is re dispersed to the environment in other forms. This is scientific FACT. A soul is a baseless, and fact-less element of a "faith" based BELIEF system. Unless you can provide solid scientific proof of a soul, or "Ghost" then threads like this really are just tabloid in nature...

You've been here for 5 years you think that speculative topics are tabloid in nature, on ATS of all places?

Are you sure you know what the place is about? Especially in the Paranormal forums?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
so your all just going to say, yes ghosts are scary! we dont know what they are therfore we are scared of this, and for people who do not believe in life after death... well that's a very small minded and cynical view. I have had many instances that have proven that life exists after death and in my opinion to say it does not just shows a lack of experience in the subect area and a degree of ignorance.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
so your all just going to say, yes ghosts are scary! we dont know what they are therfore we are scared of this, and for people who do not believe in life after death... well that's a very small minded and cynical view. I have had many instances that have proven that life exists after death and in my opinion to say it does not just shows a lack of experience in the subect area and a degree of ignorance.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

"I have had many instances that have proven that life exists after death and in my opinion to say it does not just shows a lack of experience in the subect area and a degree of ignorance"

oh really ?

elaborate please loool

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
we just had ghost festival here.

the chinese take ghosts seriously.

believe me. it's amusing for me being a western guy.

i don't joke about ghosts to anyone here.

there are 10000's of movies about ghosts in asian culture.

doesn't bother me, i have not met a malevolent entity so far.

but i can't even talk about that to my wife and she is christian too.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Ok I have numerous out of body experiences when fully conscious... I rememer one time I was laying in bed at about 6am and I was fully awake, just about to get up and get some breakfast when I felt a strange feeling come over me... I can only explain it as a sort of magnetic repelance, when you get two magnets of the same polarity and place them together, it felt very magnetic... it was as if my body and my soul were moving apart, my soul was moving to the right away from my body. I could feel my body and I was fully aware all this time. The next thing that I know is I am staring up from the ground looking up at the bed and my body and the blinds.... it was all there and incredibly surreal as I could see myself laying there bright as day!
I could feel my body on the bed and I could still see from where I was seeing, the bed, my body and the blinds in the window...

Then as soon as it started, it lasted about 50 seconds, it stopped and I got up and walked out the room.

That's one example of an out of body experience, which to me proves there is a spirit, and that is one of MANY experiences.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Btw... does any actually care to discuss the OP

Do people fear 'ghosts" too much?

Or are you all just going to keep talking about the possible existance of ghosts, to me this is very mundane and boring...

Let's talk about the OP in hand! Not the question that some people cannot begin to ask, let alone answer... time to thnk about what is going on and talk about what I have said in the OP.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

wow i dunno what i would do or think if i experinced something like that .

what do you think triggered it and do you think you can pull that experince on demand ? if the enviroment and trigger were in tune?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

what do you want to know?

personal experiences? like the time i had 6 ghosts in my restaurant after hours (at one table lol) asking for water and to send them some jewelry?

or the day after my mother passed and stood in my room?

what are you looking for?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
People fear the unknown. Pretty straight forward. Just by the nature of what a ghost supposedly is, it's going to be frightening. If you're by yourself, and a door slams, without a draft, you might be scared. If you're home at night, and you see a shadow on the wall, yet turn around and no one is there, you'll probably be scared. Feel something tap you shoulder, turn around and see no one, you might be scared.

It's actually pretty damn normal to be scared of ghosts given the point humans are in our evolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join