It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to me...?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Christarella

Funnily enough I'm one of those people... However my 'believing Nelson Mandela had been killed' came before the incident on the train.

So, then what does that mean?

And just to "prove" I'm not just saying this... Here's my post of when I mentioned it on here, previously.

Yeah I've had several experiences like that... For example I am SURE I remember Nelson Mandela being executed not released but part of me convinces myself I'm OBVIOUSLY wrong for he is still with us today... But, I also recall hearing about the death of Archbishop Desmond Tutu as my drama teacher (her name was Anna Scher) was actually good friends with him and I swear she was devastated about this...

As a matter of fact it appears I have already mentioned this "phenomenon" of remembering things differently to others on this very site around November last year... I am now thinking maybe I should go and see someone because I had no recollection of making that thread until now and only just saw it on my "view posts" list...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JRedBeard

Maybe some people have 'given up' on life. A mechanism exists to restore them to their former selves. It's some kind of mechanism in the brain that produces false experiences or memories to encourage the person to live. It's expressed through life changing events. The ones who do not have a life changing experience commit suicide or die from some kind of illness or activity relating to their existential crisis. The ones who do have a life altering experience, like thinking they spoke with jesus or thinking they had a time slip or thinking that a fortune teller could see their future or something, they will survive and tell their stories. It could be that this mechanism has evolved into us over millions of years to help keep alive those who lose their desire to live. This might have benefits for families or communities that would otherwise lose them.

It might be that it sometimes unpredictably produces these experiences in healthy people. There's no law that says evolution is perfect. There's always an exception.

I don't think anything more fantastic needs to be employed to explain it.

I do think that some people need to keep an open mind about it. I think it's plausible that some people lose their desire to live and that this has happened for a long long time. This is probably why there's so much depression in the world and why pharma-companies try to sell their drugs. Pharmaceuticals are just trying to do what was previously done by nature, but more concisely.

Maybe as a result we will no longer have life altering experiences. But if this mechanism really does exist I would expect thousands of years to pass before it's finally removed from our genes.
edit on 18-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

I was just researching this topic the last few minutes since I posted and have found that there are many celebrities whom people believe have died only to find that they are still very much alive. Here are just a few....

Mickey Rooney
Walter Conkrite
Bob Hope
Jane Goodall
The guy in Tiannemen Square who faced down the tank.

Some interesting ones. As for the Nelson Mandela dying scenario, my husband and I both recall that. However he remembers him dying in prison and I recalled him being assassinated during a public parade or something while he was sitting in an open car. on the back of the back seat. Could be I am confusing this with another assassination, though! Who knows.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Christarella

JFK perhaps? (waits for people to tell me JFK wasn't assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald
as far as is known at least)

And on a lighter note... People editing wikipedia and starting Twitter rumours [nowadays at least] can confuse a hell of a lot of people.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christarella
This is a fascinating topic to me. Years ago, on Coast to Coast, Art Bell brought up that many people recall Nelson Mandela dying or being assassinated but obviously he is still alive. Does anyone else recall that show? It was a very large number of people that recalled him dying. The subject has interested me ever since. Wish I could remember when it aired,. Would have had to be sometime between 2000 and 2005, I'd guess. Anyway, just thought I'd put this out to you and you can research it as well.

That didn't happen for the rest of us

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You've probably missed it but I did mention I was 'sickly' growing up and had to have ECGs and MRIs on 6 month spans for about 4yrs. In the late 90's I was given a complete clean bill of health - It definitely isn't my mental state.

On a sidenote: (And no I'm not linking it just saying lol) Isn't time usually supposed to fly when on this forum? I swear on my life it was 4pm about 2hrs ago and I thought it was 6pm now and my partner would be home from work... It's only 4:27pm...

The human body is highly complex and unless a properly trained professional knows exactly what to look for, symptoms and problems can get missed. Your mental reasoning sounds find, it is your time perception that is having some problem. Something is not sounding right and my advice is to seek professional medical help. A lot can change in 4 years.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
[mor

Yeah they can! I actually found a website dedicated to the Mandela death. Look up Mandela Effect. Kind of cool. I'd post the link but I am technically challenged.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Okay... So I was asked earlier in this thread to detail out exactly what I personally knew 'historically' or whatever that may be different from what actually has happened... Some of these will be repeitions of things I mentioned earlier. I'll try and be as chronological as I can it's quite a short list for what I can recall tbh.

• Nelson Mandela was executed in Prison in 1990.

• In 1993 an Earthquake killed more than 300 people in California, including two well known celebrities (their names escape me, sorry)

• In 1999 both Princess Diana & Charlie Sheen passed away. Diana's via car crash in Paris, France; Sheen died of a heart attack allegedly attributed to an O.D of sorts.

• 9/11 did occur, however there was never a fourth plane, in PA.

• Saddam Hussein was never captured and therefore never executed.

• Heath Ledger [as far as I recall] did not die and in fact finished making a film which was to be released in Christmas 2008 titled "Seven steps to Heaven".

And one personal one I can think of is recalling a girl I went to school with & had a massive crush on when I was like 8-9 years old... I tried looking her up on Facebook under any name I could think of including her middle one(s) and using [nee] within the search... I then asked a guy I went to school w/ and still hang out with who I remember arguing with at the time over "whose girlfriend she was" and he doesn't remember her, at all. - In fact he asked if I was sure she wasn't my 'imaginary friend'.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
either your from an alternate reality or youve got a crap memory

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is not the first post like this.
a man and wife? had some ting happen to them.
and the world was not the same.
try and find it. I will to.

P.S. remember any inventions?
in the last two years.
see if they are her. if Not.
patent them quick. LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This subject always leave me confused, because I think something like that happened to me too...one day I just woke up and things were slightly different. I remember very clearly how sad I was the day Eddie Van Halen died, and me and some friends drinking a few beers and listening to Black Sabbath all night, it was our last farewell to Tony Iommi. Suddenly, one day, they were not dead anymore and everybody was looking at me like I went bats##t crazy! That still amuses me to this day, and I don't really know what happened.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

A5,

What I believe is what the channel Bashar speaks of.

You died and have reemerged into this dimension. Watch, listen, research and learn.

He talks talks about our choice at the 5 minute mark.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
the sound of this he got killed.
and some thing happened???
a little like you?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
see this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
@ Buddha & Sirric Thanks for those, will check them out!

I'm starting to wish I'd never posted this now tbh because I only "toyed" jokingly w/ the idea of the death-zipping into another dimension theory but now it's seeming like unless I'm absolutely crazy; it's the one "viable" option

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Hi.
first let me assure you ...you are not crazy .
There are many strange things that occur without explanation .
We are only just begining to understand the universe on a quantum level .
This is a very exciting time to be alive , brother .

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Mmmm
edit on 19-8-2011 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
Okay... So I was asked earlier in this thread to detail out exactly what I personally knew 'historically' or whatever that may be different from what actually has happened... Some of these will be repeitions of things I mentioned earlier. I'll try and be as chronological as I can it's quite a short list for what I can recall tbh.

• Nelson Mandela was executed in Prison in 1990.

• In 1993 an Earthquake killed more than 300 people in California, including two well known celebrities (their names escape me, sorry)

• In 1999 both Princess Diana & Charlie Sheen passed away. Diana's via car crash in Paris, France; Sheen died of a heart attack allegedly attributed to an O.D of sorts.

• 9/11 did occur, however there was never a fourth plane, in PA.

• Saddam Hussein was never captured and therefore never executed.

• Heath Ledger [as far as I recall] did not die and in fact finished making a film which was to be released in Christmas 2008 titled "Seven steps to Heaven".

And one personal one I can think of is recalling a girl I went to school with & had a massive crush on when I was like 8-9 years old... I tried looking her up on Facebook under any name I could think of including her middle one(s) and using [nee] within the search... I then asked a guy I went to school w/ and still hang out with who I remember arguing with at the time over "whose girlfriend she was" and he doesn't remember her, at all. - In fact he asked if I was sure she wasn't my 'imaginary friend'.

You believe that Princess Diana was killed two years after she was originally killed.....she was killed in 1997.......Weird!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

All of those I mentioned in the list, are how I recall things to have happened... As you can see I also recall Charlie Sheen dying in 1999; when evidently he's still with us.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If what you experienced was a swap to another dimension, or parallel universe, then what do you think happens to the other 'you' that previously existed there?

I've heard of the going to another dimension theory, but no-one ever elaborates on what happened to the other 'you'!!!!

Anyone have any ideas?

Do you think they swapped with you & died, (But what would be the point-you may as well have stayed & died.(Lol,Sorry but you know what I mean!)

Or does each dimensions stories constantly evolve & update, & sometimes events that weren't planned for you, but end up involving you, then require intervention to correct the anomaly??

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I can't call BS on this because I've had a couple of experiences of my own.
One was when I went to visit a village house I used to live in and the road I used to walk every day to catch a bus to work simply wasn't there. A year later I went back and it was all back to 'normal'.
Then quite recently I was walking the dog in the moonlight in a field near my home and was astonished to find the field overrun with waist high thistles. They had been less than a foot high that morning. Next day they were back down again.
Scratches head...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join