It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Name Of God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The ancient Hebrew Names of God are mathematical prescriptions of the nature of reality. They have incredible mathematical meaning and power that was made public to the world for the first time two years ago.

If you want to LEARN what the Names of God mean (as opposed to reading just what many scholars have expressed opinions about) and how they determine the nature of the superstring, the DNA molecule, the mathematical structure of the seven types of diatonic musical scales known for the last 2000 years, etc, then visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
where you can spend literally years studying the amazing volume of original research posted there. But be prepared to work hard at it, as the material is very challenging to the mind. If you do, you will discover the mathematical nature of the divine paradigm as embodied in the Names of God.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by rwfresh
Hi All,

I've posted a few topics and responses in the religious forums here and thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback in terms of what people believed the "name of God" to be.

Is it a phonetic word? Is it a description of something spiritual? Is it literal (ie: "Todd" or "God").

What do you all think the name of God is.. This term is used throughout the bible.

We have such a narrow view of those things we don't understand... and to be sure, we're not as smart as we think we are. Humanity is not the be-all and end-all of creation or... evolution, so as not to offend anyone.

So, let me ask you a question. Why does God have to have a name? Is not 'God' good enough? If it doesn't serve the purpose of definition or identification against the pantheon of gods since time immortal, then whose fault is that? God's?

In the Bible, we are offered a few names and it may well be that the Almighty has a personal moniker. But this varies from page to page, book to book, faith to faith. It is only those who selfishly claim God as their own, that these names become important. It is only those who seek to reduce God to a being of a singular people or religion, that become angry when it is not spelled correctly or if by chance, His likeness is even displayed.

So, we come here to ask the name of the greatest scientist of the universe, who can manipulate matter and energy in ways we can't even begin to comprehend and... because of our own shortfallings and insignificance, we must then reduce God by pinning the name tag.

Just my opinion but... God suits well enough, I think.

Suits well for me too!

When i use the word God i am usually referring the the ultimate existence. From which our existence exists.

The outer most "container" or expression of Reality. The ultimate reality from which all material and non-material universes/world exist.

The God from which ALL God's, entities, beings, matter and spiritual are born.

A few people here seem to believe there are numerous God's.. well could be the case if God means some supernatural being. Supernatural meaning, anything outside of our understanding of nature. Sure.. could be infinite God's.. but there is only one God GOD in my understanding and use of the word.

The one God Jesus spoke of was more like a word used to describe the very ultimate thing from which everything came from and existed by. With that in mind.. things like the bible start to make a bit more sense..

And before the bible bashers start screaming.... yes other people are more than invited to speak of this God as well. And many have. But few if more than one, were fully identified with God in this material world.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That's awesome. I had missed that verse when I wrote the other thread. I'll need to list that in a reply.

reply to post by SuperiorEd

That is my experience as well.

God is Love. They are one in the same.

1 John 4:8

King James Version (KJV)

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Where else in the bible is God described so explicitly?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Tetragrammaton

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

You say people here seems to think that there are many Gods . Im not getting that impression at all .

I see them saying which God are you refering to as in which peoples GOD , but i think most understand that its the same One GOd with many aspects that the people see in different aspects but as that ONE creator .

Only the christians want to make God exclusive to their version . and proberly a few other relgions like does Judeaism try to make Him exclusive and Islam , do they try to make their version of cant see him or utter his name God exclusive to them only .

Maybe its exclusivity that should be addressed .

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
"I am."

I agree though I believe there is a deeper interpretation here. But ultimately, the god in me is of the God in The Universe.

Let me also say that anyone quoting Chuck D is alright by me.

edit on 17-8-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

the sun is god because without it there would be no life at all!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow

An ATS question little old me can actually answer!

Woohoo!

*ahem*

The true Name of God was given to Moses

Which is

Hayah Asher Hayah

Which

"Will be My Name forever as a memorial to all generations".

In English

"I AM"

But in the CORRECT language, and not miss pronounced or helenized/anglosized

Hayah Asher Hayah.

Which has a gemetria of 49

7 times 7

Perfect.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hayah Asher Hayah. God is love. He is love. You'll recognize love.

www.greatdreams.com...
edit on 17-8-2011 by KennyDurazo because: Hayah Asher Hayah

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
*cough

excuse me but

WHAT is not the name of God

ty

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
One would first have to assume that God is self named...
Secondly, we'd have to assume that God has a use for names at all...
Third, if God wanted us to know it, God would advertise it a bit better.

In conclusion, I think the idea of naming God is silly, but then again, most people probably think of God the same way they think of another person, but with super powers.

God is everything... a wild, schizophrenic force.... by this measure, we are God for sure!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

That's awesome. I had missed that verse when I wrote the other thread. I'll need to list that in a reply.

reply to post by SuperiorEd

That is my experience as well.

God is Love. They are one in the same.

1 John 4:8

King James Version (KJV)

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Where else in the bible is God described so explicitly?

Your intuition was right! And it was right in the bible all along! God is also Truth. So Truth is Love. And Reality is Truth. And what i mean is these things are all the same thing. God=Love=Truth=Reality . They are literally one in the same. Maybe this is obvious to some.. And many might disagree.. But this is my experience.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Tetragrammaton

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like a giant robot Godzilla.. That's gotta be God's coolest name.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Hey Maybe you are right? No doubt when someone starts talking about who/what God is, with anger, fear or exclusion God ends up not being communicated. But when expressing or communicating God is the goal, the most loving person gets it right all the time.. Because my understanding is God = Love. They are one in the same. And i don't mean love as an emotion... But most qualities we attribute to love (understanding, empathy, care, passion) are from God. And the absence or ignorance of God is the source of things like fear, hate etc.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

utter rubbish the bible is full of metaphors that is completely man made. the bible is nothing more than a historical document. it is an outdated form of mind control and i feel sorry for all those that believe in its teachings, its full of contradictions.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazzachel
reply to post by rwfresh

the sun is god because without it there would be no life at all!!!!

Well we certainly wouldn't be here!.. But that from which the sun and us came from would be, That would be the God who's name i am wondering about..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Good answer! Think of how confusing it's gotten since then! haha.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A good friend of mine has studied Christianity thoroughly. He has spent countless hours trying to figure out God's real or "street" name. He has concluded that his name is most likely Roger Miller, originally from Queens, NY

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I thnk that it was lost when the the torah was translated into the Latin Vulgate by means Constantine's orders and I believe he ordered all other literature destroyed on religion and forced everyone to read his translation. That was back in the 300's. I believe all translations in hebrew have been destroyed since then in order for everyone in the roman empire to have the same beliefs. Much like how the Media does to us today with the truth. I believe that the actual name of god still resides in the Vatican Archives away from us so that we cannot call upon our god's name so that we can be saved and this is satan's way all along. I believe it has been sitting there for 1700 years with no one to read it because Catholicism is a Combination of what the Torah taught, (which was what was translated of the Ark of the Covenant by the Jews.) Apostles taught, as well as what the Pagans were worshiping into one common religion that fit everyone so that Rome could be united.

Every modern day bible has been translated from the latin vulgate and the original hebrew was destroyed so that no one could ever question what the Roman collectivist religion was.

Another Theory I have for finding God's name is to find the Ark of the Covenant. It contains the only texts left that were directly from God in which he himself wrote his name. The only instance I can find in any texts as to where it's at is 2 Maccabees 2:4-10, written around 100 BC, says that the prophet Jeremiah, "being warned by God" before the Babylonian invasion, took the Ark, the Tabernacle, and the Altar of Incense, and buried them in a cave on Mount Nebo (Jordan), informing those of his followers who wished to find the place that it should remain unknown "until the time that God should gather His people again together, and receive them unto mercy."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

although even if I had found I wouldn't touch it nor would I dare to open it lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join