It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Man, Where Did You Get That Soul?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
Now how do you get nearly 8 billion soul now as we where only one billion in the beginning of the century? You certainly know about evolution, then, evolution is also a manifest of the spiritual. The souls that are incarnated now are from the tree of life....the scale of life will never end.

Evolution of the spiritual. Cool. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The problem with reincarnation is the memory.

That would totally mean we're a slave to time. It may be possible to live in another era. Would it be crazy to even think that souls could live in the future we create? Not like they wait for a hundred years and then are allowed to physically manifest in our dimension? Perhaps They live in an alternative version of what we make our future to be?

edit on 14-8-2011 by Absco because: Forgot to do it like a boss

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

maybe the souls exsist in their multi billions everywhere all the time, maybe they can only become pyshical once something pyshical has mated creating a brief time period for a soul to enter a newborn pyshical being.

if a soul is energy and the sun gives of energy maybe a soul is just a spark of energy from the sun, the sun gives of constant energy.

i have no idea, i am just speculating as to why there are enough souls(if there are souls) regardless how many people/animals etc are born. so these are just a couple of idea's to explore or ponder.

edit on 14-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo's

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I read a story a while back maybe even on here its called "The egg" it says we are all the same soul in different time lines i looked it up again so you all can get a read of it i highly recomend it. its one of the most facinating short stories i've ever read. galactanet.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wish I could give a better answer to your question, but I think this article does it better than I can. Unfortunately, it is most likely not the answer people in this thread will be looking for.

With regard to the soul theory, there are three kinds of teachers in the world:
- The first teacher teaches the existence of an eternal ego-entity that outlasts death: He is the eternalist.
- The second teacher teaches a temporary ego-entity which becomes annihilated at death: He is the materialist.
- The third teacher teaches neither an eternal nor a temporary ego-entity: He is the Buddha.

Those who believe in the existence of a soul are not in a position to explain what and where it is. The Buddha's advice is not to waste our time over this unnecessary speculation and devote our time to strive for our salvation. When we have attained perfection then we will be able to realize whether there is a soul or not.

www.budsas.org...

Peace.
edit on 14-8-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
To quote some lines from one of my favorite shows: "Blood, muscle, and bone... When those are lost, humans face death. What lies beyond that? Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? Such things cannot possibly exist. Those are mere excuses.... Why do you think people believe in God? It's because they want to. It's not easy living in this rotten world. There is nothing certain while living on in this world. Do you get it? God didn't create humans. Humans created God."

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on those issues. Things like souls and reincarnation are mere fantasy, created to comfort the minds of humans.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

If you believe the soul drifts from body to body as energy that can not be destroyed, then how do you explain the rise in souls with the rise of the population.

I'll give this part a shot. Since, as we understand things today, energy cannot be created or destroyed, then where does the energy that makes up what is believed to a person's soul go when we die, and where does it come from when we are born? I've read of experiments where a dying persons energy, or life force if you will, has been measured by scientific instruments up to and after the physical body dies. A small bit of energy is said to remain, then suddenly vanish at a certain point. But since energy can't be destroyed, where does it go? I think that the natural process of the body's decomposition is what is using this energy. Chemical reactions taking place where cellular structure is broken down by bacteria. This begins the moment the body loses the ability to regenerate new tissue. The energy isn't destroyed, it's being being used by microscopic organisms and changed into other things.

Where does the energy for all the new souls come from that we must now need with our growing population? Probably from the very ether of the universe itself! The universe we observe around us is simply a complex grouping of multiple kinds of vibrations. Energy. It's everywhere, all around. It doesn't need to be created, just changed from the vibrations and frequencies of the ether into the specific vibrations which make up a human soul. This is probably accomplished by way of a chemical called Dimethyltryptamine, which is produced by the pineal gland in vast quantities at the moment of birth and death. This chemical probably acts as the catalyst which converts the ether into a soul at birth, and soul back to ether at death.
edit on 14-8-2011 by ZeroReady because: typos

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have never bought into reincarnation...up until recently.

Think about this...natural fears. I have 6 children. All raised the same. I have children who have fears, that are not from "this life" experiences. One is afraid to drive - scared to death...never been in an accident, no reason for fear.

I have had experiences where I felt like I had been to a certain place before...yet I had never been there. People I have met, I felt an instant connection to, like I already had met them/or known them.

I despise bugs, yet I feel guilty for killing them. Meaning much?...maybe not.

I believe, in order to grow, evolve, we as humans, need more than one shot at it. If I live to be 80, my life is already more than half over. I believe I have much to learn, in order to grow - or evolve.

I was raised (and pushed down my throat), christian. It never "felt" right. I turned away from it. I have no idea why. I don't participate in x-mas, easter, or traditional holidays. I want no part of it. I feel so free since giving them up. My parents, who are church goers, raised me to be a "good christian", don't like or understand, or respect my decision. They are furious that I have led my children down this path.

I really don't know why, or how I moved away from my up-bringing, yet I have. It "feels"right" for me. I still have many questions...with few answers. I search, wonder, and think about what is "right".

I moved away from christian sector. Leaned towards the Jewish ways. Since then, wondered if there is even a god. I am not sure.

I don't like that "man" has translated the bible...could "translate" any way they want to manipulate us. What is truth? What is real? What is believable? What is manipulated? Those are the questions I have, have had, and wonder about.

Sadly, those are questions, I don't think can be answered.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

What show is that from?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Memory is not the slave of time.
The ego or persona that we have entered in this life time is the slave of time...it is so consume in thought about time that it fear death...the ego fear, and the soul is just being.
According to certain sources the soul also has a memory bank but can only be revive when full realization is achieve.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I don't like that "man" has translated the bible...could "translate" any way they want to manipulate us. What is truth? What is real? What is believable? What is manipulated? Those are the questions I have, have had, and wonder about.

That's why I've always believed that there is no God. We are the gods. Not to say there might not be a higher deity out there still keeping us in check but they give us the freedom to live. Then at the very end of it all (death) that's when we're confronted with this deity. Or simply, we just rot in the ground, life moves on, and what's done is done.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Where is this soul? And if you have found it, have you "revived" it?

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

According to certain sources the soul also has a memory bank but can only be revive when full realization is achieve.

I hope I'm not construing what you just said...Would that mean that deja vu is part of the souls past? The exact same thing happened to the soul in that moment, or similar and that's a moment when they soul's memory bank comes in to existence with ours?

I hope that makes sense and I didn't trail off topic.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Hello to you,
The teaching of the Buddha isn't automatically the teaching of Siddhattha Gotama.
I just thought I should remind you this fact, I wouldn't go in to argument as I know too well that we are all going in the same direction.
Good day to you.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Hey friend,
There was no "Siddhattha Gotama". And does your statement above indicate that you are merely playing with words? Please clarify what you mean, I do not understand it.

Thank you and peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by kacou

Where is this soul? And if you have found it, have you "revived" it?

Peace

I revive my soul being every time I am in love...I said every time and not all the time.
I know for myself where is my better half sort of speak...it is always wise and make me feel really in love.
I have no recipe book about soul revival...every one knows it.

Blessing.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have to try and find where I read this (recently)..that when a body dies, it's weight changes 4 oz...4 packets of sugar. They say that is the soul's weight.

My grandmother, and a friend of my family, both legally were pronounced dead. They both had an "experience"...my grandmother (a devout christian) said she was hovering above her body. She was in the ER having a heart attack. This was back in 1976. She saw a tunnel, with a light..she floated up the tunnel toward the light..there was a hand reaching out to her. Then a voice said, if you continue on, you can not return..if you choose to go back now, you need to return to your body. She claimed that it was so pure, peaceful..that she didn't want to return. Yet she thought of her husband, daughter (my mother) and us grand kids..she wanted more time with us. So she said she wanted to go back. Next thing she knew she was back in her body.

Our family friend died as well. She had basically the same experience. She was also a christian. She had a heart attack. She was found on her kitchen floor by her daughter, who revived her.

She said that she remembers floating above her body, looking down on herself. She saw a light beam come into the room..she said the light was peaceful, and she went towards it. She said that she saw those she knew before...souls of them who were deceased. She got to a certain point where she was told she had to either continue or return. At that point, she turned to look back to her home, where she laid on the floor and her daughter had showed up, and was working on her body to revive her. She said her daughter was crying..and saying "come back MOM"...at which time she decided to go back to her daughter. Next thing she knew, she was in her body gasping for air.

So...I wonder about those two personal NDE I have heard personal accounts for, and knew personally. Yet, I don't know what was on the other side of that "hand" or "tunnel" or "light"...it could be that was their subconscious beliefs or upbringings..that caused those similar "experiences"..

So many questions, no specific answers.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

That certainly changes a little of my thoughts on us being the God factor. That's interesting about the soul's weight.

When I was about 7 I got my appendix taken out. I actually flatlined for about 2 minutes. Maybe I was too young but I don't have any recollection of "dying". I remember being put under, and then I woke up with tubes in every orifice.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I will not play with words...my wording is so bad...lol
Any way .
If there was no Siddhattha Gotama then there was no Budhha?
What I have try to say is that the 2 quote that you have published in your first post could be wrong and right but not at all certain as fact...do you understand my reasoning?
I only know something real in me about the eternal energy that reside in me, I can't really make phrases about it's existence as it is behind existence and none.
Bliss.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
That's interesting about the soul's weight.

It's really not, the weight lost is nothing but gasses escaping the body. If there was a soul, do you really think it would have weight?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join