It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Burn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
From earlier today:

During a bit that drew hearty laughs from the Democratic audience, he likened the GOP to a driver who has gone into a ditch, and after not helping to push the car out, demands the keys back.

"You can't have the keys back," Obama exclaimed. "You don't know how to drive!"

You hear that GOP lovers? Now clean your room. Lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I have no idea where or what you got this from. Though it may be a "burn", I think Obama is just isolating himself even more with this blatant partisan comment. All it's doing is dividing the nation, and yet he is supposed to be a role model and leader of the U.S.? Very professional.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is pretty funny to hear obama shift blame to others, and today the US postal service announced possibly closing tons of post offices and said they will lay off 120,000 workers..

He is pathetic indeed..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Obama making jokes about the economy?

I guess if you can't lead, go ahead and make a joke about it?

The American people aren't laughing.

OH, and how's that Government Run Health Care Scheme going, Obama?

edit on 12-8-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 seconds

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I know right - it's like he's in his own bubble world where everything is all fun and games. As a president, he should do what he can to keep the Republic unified and the people of the Republic on a straight path to success and prosperity. This ignorant joke does nothing but degrades the United States to middle school antics. Obama is a complete joke in general.

This goes for any president, regardless of party denomination.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's still important to remember, however, the state of the US economy and financial house at the time that Clinton left office. Obama was certainly in a no-win position given the mess he inherited. That said, borrowing out of the mess doesn't appear in hindsight, to have been the required solution.

The US needs to cut the Pentagon budget in HALF, while taxing the upper 1%, and simplifying the tax code to eliminate loopholes.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
From earlier today:
"You cant have the keys back, you cant drive!"

Are you serious? Apperantly you live under a rock, because Obama making that statement is definetly the pot calling the kettle black.

My prediction is a very low flag count for this thread
edit on 12-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
the gop ran into a ditch and obama ran into a oncoming train

obama does need to stop the partisan crap and start acting presidential

obama needs fired!!!!!!!!!! bigitme!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
From earlier today:

During a bit that drew hearty laughs from the Democratic audience, he likened the GOP to a driver who has gone into a ditch, and after not helping to push the car out, demands the keys back.

"You can't have the keys back," Obama exclaimed. "You don't know how to drive!"

Source please OP.

If this is an accurate quote fron a reliable source then it's pretty simplistic and ignorant but par for the course.

This man is such a leadershp disaster. I wouldn't trust him with a Cub Scout pack. He'd turn out some mean spirited, spoiled little boys that thought that they were better than other little boys.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Come to think of it, Iraq and Afghanistan do resemble ditches

I can see dubya now... flask in hand and looking frightened. "Bama! Bama gimme the keys, man!"
edit on 12-8-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yep, typical Obama.

Slamming a particular branch of our government because he doesn't have what it takes to be a real leader and take care of things himself.

And to think, just a day before, he actually said this:

And that has to stop. It’s got to stop. We’re supposed to all be on the same team, especially when we’re going through tough times. We can’t afford to play games -- not right now, not when the stakes are so high for our economy.

Transcript here

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Great. Now the gent can't even be funny. I thought he at least had that going for himself.

He's getting like a comedian at some lounge stand-up night, going through his routines when there are about 4 drunks passed out in the back and everyone else has bolted the room.

He might want to go back to the old strategy of hitting the bunker and staying there.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by robyn

blogs.abcnews.com...

I actually thought it was funny (if not original). And I am not a GOP fan. Not a fan of anything going on politically right now. :-(

join