It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops do NOT Protect Our Freedom and We Should Stop Thanking Them for Doing So

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkillDo you believe that we (the troops you dont want to thank) would stop them.
I think that is what this come down to please answer the question. I would love to hear your answer

edit on 9-8-2011 by semperkill because: grammer I R GRUNT

Simple Answer: No, they will mostly all be deployed on the imperial missions abroad set forth by the 'behind the scenes oligarchs' who run this circus, and would be MANY, MANY thousands of miles from the homeland when they are actually needed for this.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Paroxysm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OMG this entire thread with the exception of a few who are also offended makes my stomach turn, I on the other hand am not as nice as the rest of the others offended and will say it like it is, and if I get banned, deleted so be it, its well worth it.

here it is

You people who are bashing our soldiers are pathetic human beings who couldn't do half of what our soldiers do, you must lead horrible lonely lives with no girlfriends OR pathetic women/husbands/partners who are just as useless as you. You people should be ashamed of yourselves and God forbid there comes a day when you need the help of our soldiers, but rest assured they will help you. You all should be thrown out of this country, before that I would love to shove you to the ground and spit on you all. You sick people are pathetic spineless cry babies who are worthless, weak and disgusting. GTFO of this country pigs.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok us evil military folks will organize a national military call in sick day, say in 6 months from now.

You take that day to initiate operation no thanks given, and storm Congress and the White House so you can set things right in the world.

I will be using my day off to move to another country (Bermuda is nice), cause I will bet everything I own that you couldn't do anything better than the jerk offs now.

So 6 months from now, the keys are yours. Good luck

*so laced with sarcasm

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
OMG this entire thread with the exception of a few who are also offended makes my stomach turn, I on the other hand am not as nice as the rest of the others offended and will say it like it is, and if I get banned, deleted so be it, its well worth it.

here it is

You people who are bashing our soldiers are pathetic human beings who couldn't do half of what our soldiers do, you must lead horrible lonely lives with no girlfriends OR pathetic women/husbands/partners who are just as useless as you. You people should be ashamed of yourselves and God forbid there comes a day when you need the help of our soldiers, but rest assured they will help you. You all should be thrown out of this country, before that I would love to shove you to the ground and spit on you all. You sick people are pathetic spineless cry babies who are worthless, weak and disgusting. GTFO of this country pigs.

THANK YOU Semper FI

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Love ya brother

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

So america stopping the Germans( U boats off the coast of america)...Japanese( Pearl harbor and the follow invasion plans)...Russia (the bay of pigs etc...) I guess we (the military) didnt do that. we didnt stop them. We did and that is why you are able to do and say what you like. Believe me I dont think the Russians would have let you say what you are saying. Like I said denounce your citizenship move to (pick a country) and try to do or say what you just did. bet you wouldnt be able to...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by bekod

Well the problem is that we've tried this before and it didn't have good results. We left the Nazi's alone and didn't interfere and we eventually had to fight them anyways at a far greater cost than if we had intervened earlier. Same thing with Vietnam. The french could have knocked the VC back had we supplied them with more aid as they were asking for but we decided it wasn't any of our business so left them out there then went in later anyways.

Sometimes trying to prevent a problem is easier than trying to cure it later.

you need desperately to listen to this man....you got your facts a bit skewed....so does alot of people because they don't know about this......

This is the real reason why we went to war in ww1 and ww2

edit on 9-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for posting that video, i have only just heard 5 mins of it so far but WOW!!!!!

I wonder what other wars these bloody demons have orchestrated! Disgusting to say the least!

I had no idea the zionists have been playing america for so long!

You just gave me a big piece of a puzzle i have been looking for for a while. Thanks again

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
To all the military sympathizers in the thread I get it and all credit to our military but please do not disgrace the WWII vets and the Vietnam vets by putting the modern day military in the same category. It is a very big difference and very obvious. All credit due to those who fight for our country, but you cannot put them in the same place and category as those who made the U.S. military famous truly... you talk about sacrifice etc. to pretend that Afghanistan is as important as WWII was, to pretend that Iraq is on the same level of sacrifice as Vietnam, sickening really.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Damn i had no idea ATS had so many cyber hippies on it's boards. Most of you fatties trashing troops don't serve anything but your own selfish issues. Your ideas of sacrifice are getting up of the couch to put a hot pocket in the microwave. The troops serve the country and don't ask for crap in return. It busts me up to see such selfish people trash troops for a concept so few of you actually understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Alright alright.

There are a few things people do not understand citizens and soldiers alike.

a. it is good for every country to have a military force i.e. you do not want to get taken over

b. you may not agree with what our military is currently doing, but the problem is not the "grunts" it is our politicians

c. if you pay your taxes you are just as bad as the soldier grunts doing the dirty work of the government because you are the civilian grunt funding all the government BS

d. i am basically trying to tell you both citizen and soldier are at the bottom of the crap heep we call our society

This is my third or fourth time saying this in this thread BLAME THE POLITICIANS BLAME THE CORPORATIONS LASTLY BLAME YOURSELF FOR NOT FIGHTING AGAINST THEM.

Lastly (second lastly) I think WW2 was our last justified war. I think we should make our own country better before helping or "helping" other folks out, but that is me.
edit on 9-8-2011 by ElectricWizard because: oopps.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdogThe troops serve the country and don't ask for crap in return.

Stop giving out paychecks to these 'yes men' mercenaries, and see how quick a Draft becomes necessary (according to the warmongers and corrupt politicians who are sending you all to kill and die currently)?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
to pretend that Iraq is on the same level of sacrifice as Vietnam, sickening really.

So, what is the difference, Ive just popped popcorn and await your response, no really I did.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sorry, I only read the title till now but my friend wants to join the army and I said to him that it's not a good thing because the wars are not honorable at all.

They are only in place to either give more power to the same people or make sure no one else can take their place.

If everyone in the world would finally see how conflicts are manipulated, they wouldn't join any armies.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Let's forget completely that the responsibility of our Soldier's, Sailor's, Marine's and Airmen's actions lies squarely on the shoulders of the griping public. Soldiers don't choose the wars, our politicians do. Our politicians are supposed to be controlled by John Q Public. Every limp-wristed C-sucker in this thread who pays taxes to the U.S. American government is just as responsible as the men and women with the boots on the ground. Rest assured that if men and women didn't volunteer to die on your behalf, they would draft your narrow ass in 2 seconds flat. Then you could go get some trigger time or sit in a prison cell for 5-10 years.

If the world was as black and white as you simple-minded idiots made it out to be, well, we wouldn't have nearly as many problems as we do now. It's not, and you people criticizing young men and women who put their TRUST IN YOU TO GUIDE THEIR ACTIONS AND DEPLOYMENTS have been let down and stabbed in the back by your wanton, lazy, self-righteous attitudes.
edit on 9-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
reply to post by dalan.

So america stopping the Germans( U boats off the coast of america)...Japanese( Pearl harbor and the follow invasion plans)...Russia (the bay of pigs etc...) I guess we (the military) didnt do that. we didnt stop them. We did and that is why you are able to do and say what you like. Believe me I dont think the Russians would have let you say what you are saying. Like I said denounce your citizenship move to (pick a country) and try to do or say what you just did. bet you wouldnt be able to...

every single one of those wars were set up by the administrations......none of them would have resulted in anything if they had gone unheeded.....i notice you didn't mention the vietnam war.... andrew card messed that one up after he admitted he "made a mistake" about the gulf of tonkin situation.....we aren't putting you guys down, we are trying to say "WAKE UP" they are using you to make rich people richer, period... and your mothers are paying for it through the blood of their sons and daughters......I've talked to many of my friends that came back from the iraq war and they told me that they didn't even really know who the enemy was, that it was more like fighting the residents of the country that didn't want to be "nation builded" as bush would've put it.....

here's bush telling us in his 2000 election campaign....you tell me.....

link   
reply to post by minesweeper

The thing is I dfinatly know more about what is going on in this country than you do. Beleiev me I do. I make the choice based on the real knowlegde that I have. I may not personnaly protect your freedom...But at some point in our history some poor smcuck in uniform put his life down so that you would have that freedom. I just carry on their legacy I stand on their shoulder. Im not being holier than though. Im just a grunt and treuth be told my opinion doesnt really matter> i just have different beliefs than you do. Isnt that freedom. The ability to flex them. I may not directly provide freedom. I can say I have defended freedom arounfd the world. I can say that through my military service I have made this world a better place. Have you?

link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

We aren't talking about voting in/out select people when the time comes. The problems are not only systemic but part of an agenda. The people who really make the decisions aren't elected. The CIA is behind most of this. None of them are elected. You believe the president knows everything the CIA is up to at any given moment?

The CIA is in the business of orchestrating uprisings. Our military men and women are then put in harms way to clean up the mess. They are tools. Ignorant tools. I honestly don't mean that with disrespect. I hope you believe that.

And we aren't talking about the past here. We are waging a war in Libya in response to the governments response to uprisings. The uprising were caused by a terrorist group supported by the US government.

The very leader of this group fought AGAINST US in Afghanistan and Iraq. He was once our prisoner! The leader of this group we are supporting in Libya is responsible for the deaths of our service men and women not to mention innocent civilians.

Telegr aph article

Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008. US and British government sources said Mr al-Hasidi was a member of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, or LIFG, which killed dozens of Libyan troops in guerrilla attacks around Derna and Benghazi in 1995 and 1996

How can people NOT be outraged by this!

Not only is the military not protecting our freedoms, but they are helping the enemy to conquer an entire country and kill innocent civilians.
edit on 9-8-2011 by nunya13 because: revised comment that I am not entirely sure was accurate

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Not everyone in the military is as OP described. Don't think for a minute that I would side on the government against the people if it came to that. Some of us in the military used it to take advantage of the benefits given to us that we would not otherwise be able to afford prior to joining without taking on outrageous school loans or the like.

If you think all military members are just mindless drones that don't think for themselves, you are sadly mistaken. I am not always proud of the actions of our military as a whole, but I am sure proud of the men and women I serve with.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911If everyone in the world would finally see how conflicts are manipulated, they wouldn't join any armies.

If it's a guaranteed paycheck, and work cannot be found in civilian society they would probably join and kill on command so that they could eat and provide for theirs regardless of the morality of it.

They may continue to lie to themselves about what they are doing, like telling themselves that they are protecting the nation, it's 'freedoms' and those of it's peoples though.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

Spoken like a true american OHH FREAKIN RAH

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join