It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Sadly, I just went outside for a ciggie and noticed it's very overcast so, still, with no action what so ever, street lights shut off at 00:00 so I'll have another look. Hoping there's at least a shred of activity in someway or another I can attribute to the "strange".

Maybe someone can come in with a theory to debunk all this, I don't buy the air show theory though, for some reason it makes little sense to me; though the UK has a lot of Airshows on right now. Late night activity, powerlines going down, flashes in the sky and strange sounds are things you usually don't get at the same time.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

I couldn't agree more, im hoping someone sees something tonight or, like you, can come up with some valid reason for these events across our country.

I would laugh if i woke up in the morning and found a bunch of mini crop circles in my garden lol. I just put new grass down as well. Damn U.F.O's.

Maybe its the tiredness kicking in, or the shock of it all, but im feeling more relaxed now, although my ears prick up when i hear any sound from outside.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So you recorded more of the event but only the small part remains? and no one remembers it at all, why not try adding in an alien encounter too, really spice it up.

Is anyone believing this?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonrunner
So you recorded more of the event but only the small part remains? and no one remembers it at all, why not try adding in an alien encounter too, really spice it up.

Is anyone believing this?

To answer the first part of your question yes.

The second part adding the alien bit in, well i could, i guess, but how do i know its alien? This thread is in the UFO section mainly because of the flying craft, noise i experienced and other events leading upto and after the clip. I guess we could add in some unicorns and fairys if it makes you feel better.

Is anyone beliving this thread. Well it happened, but thats just my experiance. It would seem that in the UK, i am not alone, and others have experianced strange goings on over the past 48hrs also, like mine.

Thank you for your input though.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm in the uk too, nothing going on here (dare I say it, with you either)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

Jesus, did you see all the other videos on the right that have filmed the exact same sound???

That is unbelievable how many others have posted in youtube the same sound. I think we got something here folks!

strange sound 1
Source
source

this gave me a headache at 2:20 when it was high pitched, it gave me an instant headache.

Source

Gives good details, where, when, time, even talked to others that heard the same noise

I think I am going to start a research project and follow up on all this.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
reply to post by OrchusGhule

Jesus, did you see all the other videos on the right that have filmed the exact same sound???

That is unbelievable how many others have posted in youtube the same sound. I think we got something here folks!

strange sound 1
Source
source

this gave me a headache at 2:20 when it was high pitched, it gave me an instant headache.

Source

Gives good details, where, when, time, even talked to others that heard the same noise

I think I am going to start a research project and follow up on all this.

I think this is a fantastic idea, and well worth doing. If everyone who has heard this sound first hand could jump on board, maybe the case could be cracked. If i hear any more of the sound i will try and catch it and send you a pm.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VraxUK

I live on the East Coast, they blamed the power cut on storms, yet there was no audible thunder, just a series of intense flashes.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet and apologies if it has but at 8pm last night (same time as your experience), there were reports from areas of Coventry and Birmingham of a low flying object and a power cut that was quickly followed by a bunch of helicopters flying around to see what was going on.

Strange that the same thing could happen in different parts of the country at exactly the same time.

As for the OP here, I honestly can't think of anything to tell you as far as an explanation but it's all very mysterious.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

I live on the East Coast, they blamed the power cut on storms, yet there was no audible thunder, just a series of intense flashes.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet and apologies if it has but at 8pm last night (same time as your experience), there were reports from areas of Coventry and Birmingham of a low flying object and a power cut that was quickly followed by a bunch of helicopters flying around to see what was going on.

Strange that the same thing could happen in different parts of the country at exactly the same time.

As for the OP here, I honestly can't think of anything to tell you as far as an explanation but it's all very mysterious.

Curious7 Thank you so very, very much. This is exactly what happened today, the only thing thats added extra, is no one can recall seeing the choppers and strange sound /flash etc. They are all asleep now, im hoping they will remember by the morninig. It was almost like someone hit a reset button on them, we all had headaches after, i was the only one who felt very ill.

I do hope the people that saw the same thing as you described are members here, theres not alot that scares me, but the event today, is one i shall not forget.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

A big chunk of England had reports of some strange goings on. Realllllly odd. I must admit though, there was a strange feeling in the atmosphere yesterday just before the power wen't out. I was sitting outside with my girlfriend, next thing I knew, every house alarm in the town started to whine. Then later on the flashing started, and the copters started buzzing around. Woke up this to nothing strange, just another normal day.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

Do you think anything may have gone on that you might not be aware of, i think you went through the same thing, or near enough. This is so strange. I keep praying more will come on and confirm, but your account sounds like mine. Your right about the atmosphere, that was something i also picked up on. We must remain vigilant. Be careful if anything else goes on your end.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Haha I wouldn't worry, could be tonnes of reasons for this! But as its unidentified all we can do is try and find a reason for it! So yeah, its been an interesting few days to say the least!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

Too true bud, too true. Well time to move on i guess, gonna browse the other threads, see what i can find. Thanks for the support fella, and the others.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

Yes I have watched them. I have been keeping track of these sounds for some weeks now. It truly is an international phenomenon. Some of them are as BlackDove describes, with a flash of light just after the sound ends abruptly; the sounds followed with the flash of light are always described as a sucking sound. The other deeper, throbbing sound seems to come from everywhere and causes a significant vibration that is felt by people hearing the sound. The memory loss is a new development, however.

All of the possible explanations for these noises have not panned out. Jets and trains, of course, are the most common thought, but I have never heard a jet or a train create a constant throbbing sound that continues for 20 minutes to an hour or more. I live 5 miles from an airport and 8 miles from an airforce base, so I hear aircraft of all types on a constant basis. Nothing I have heard even comes close. Others have proposed it is gas pipelines being cleaned out, but I have heard that too, and it is also nowhere close in comparison. There is a NASA cloud machine that is incredibly loud, but the sounds just are not comparable. I will keep digging.

On a personal note, the throbbing sound is very disturbing to me. It makes me uneasy, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I too live around Nashville. I actually live in Mt. Juliet/Old Hickory. Last night the skies were clear and the lightning that was around lasted for about an hour. The lightning was like a strobe light. I have never seen it like that and I have lived here all my 38 years. I also noticed no birds were singing. The atmosphere was so dense I too had a headache (eye ache). Thank God this morning it is back to normal.

I am thinking what this guy saw was indeed out of this world. There is no way you can see something like that, no one else remember it, feel sick, and feel as though you are going mad. I would have to get to the bottom of it....thats for sure!

The lightning here in East Anglia UK was much like that, very very brief, singular flashes with no sound. Very odd.

This was only after the power was out.
edit on 4-8-2011 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

I was around the Lowestoft area on Wednesday and there were some very odd flashes of lightning going on over the sea etc. Also I couldn't recall any rumbles of thunder. I remember driving along at one point and wondering whether I had triggered a speed camera or something!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A Short History of Sound Weapons Pt2: Infrasound
January 14, 2008

(image: Vladimir Gavreau)

Infrasound is low frequency audio beneath the human range of hearing. Infrasound constantly surrounds us, generated naturally; wind, waves, earthquakes and by man; building activity, traffic, air conditioners and so-on. Low frequency sound is used by marine mammals to communicate over vast distances and by birds to determine migration patterns.

At higher volumes infrasound of around 7-20hz can directly affect the human central nervous system causing disorientation, anxiety, panic, bowel spasms, nausea, vomiting and eventually unconsciousness (supposedly 7-8hz is the most effective being the same frequency as the average brain alpha wave). The effect is unintentionally (or not?) generated by the extreme low frequencies in church pipe organ music, instilling religous feelings and causing sensations of “extreme sense sorrow, coldness, anxiety, and even shivers down the spine.”(1) in the unsuspecting congregation. Low frequency sound generated naturally or by building work and traffic is said to be the cause of reported apparitions and hauntings (2) – blamed on the ghostly 19hz frequency which matches the resonating frequency of the human eyeball:

Frequency & effects:

7 Hz: Supposedly the most dangerous frequency corresponding with the median alpha-rhythm frequencies of the brain. It has also been alleged that this is the resonant frequency of the body’s organs therefore organ rupture and even death can occur at prolonged exposure.

1-10hz: “Intellectual activity is first inhibited, blocked, and then destroyed. As the amplitude is increased, several disconcerting responses have been noted. These responses begin a complete neurological interference. The action of the medulla is physiologically blocked, its autonomic functions cease.” (Gavreau )

43-73hz: ” lack of visual acuity, IQ scores fall to 77% of normal, distortion of spatial orientation, poor muscular coordination, loss of equilibrium, slurred speech, and blackout”.(Gavreau )

50-100hz: “intolerable sensations in the chest and thoracic region can be produced – even with the ears protected. Other physiological changes that can occur include chest all vibration and some respiratory rhythm changes in human subjects, together with hypopharyngeal fullness (gagging). The frequency range between 50 and 100 Hz also produces mild nausea and giddiness at levels of 150 – 155 dB, at which point subjective tolerance is reached. At 150 to 155 dB (0.63 to 1.1 kPA), respiration-related effects include substernal discomfort, coughing, severe substernal pressure, choking respiration, and hypopharyngeal discomfort.” (Davies)

100hz – At this level, a person experiences irritation, “mild nausea, giddiness, skin flushing, and body tingling.” Following this, a person undergoes “vertigo, anxiety, extreme fatigue, throat pressure, and respiratory dysfunction.”(Gavreau )

(images: tables from “Acoustic Weapons—A Prospective Assessment: Sources, Propagation, and Effects of Strong Sound” Jürgen Altmann)

The first documented attempt to reproduce the infrasound effects was by the much mythologised Russian/French physicist Vladimir Gavreau in 1957. Gavreau became interested in infrasound when he was asked to cure a case of ‘Sick Building Syndrome’; Staff at a research plant in Marseilles were mysteriously falling ill. Chemical or pathogen poisoning was suspected but Gavreau eventually traced the origin of the illnesses to an air conditioning units rotating fans that were generating low frequency sound waves. Gavreau began to experiment with low frequency acoustics with the intention of creating a viable audio weapon for the French military. Several prototype designs of various sizes were produced christened ‘canon sonique’ consisting of piston driven tubes and smaller compressed air horns and whistles. Gavreau and his team tested the instruments on themselves at the Marseilles plant with unexpected success as apparently one of the team died instantly “his internal organs… mashed into an amorphous jelly by the vibrations”:

“Luckily, we were able to turn it off quickly. All of us were sick for hours. Everything in us was vibrating: stomach, heart, lungs. All the people in the other laboratories were sick too. They were very angry with us. “

(image: Dr. Zippermeyer’s Luftkanone stationed at a bridge over the Elbe river to defend the bridge from enemy aircraft)

The only known audio weapon to have been deployed was developed by the German military during the final phase of the Second World War. The ‘Luftkanon’ or ‘Wirbelwind Kanonew’ as a sound weapon designed to shoot down enemy aircraft by creating a vortex of sound:

“…design consisted of a parabolic reflector, 3.2 meters in diameter, having a short tube which was the combustion chamber or sound generator, extending to the rear from the vertex of the parabola. The chamber was fed at the rear by two coaxial nozzles, the outer nozzle emitting methane, and the central nozzle oxygen. The length of the chamber was one-quarter the wavelength of the sound in air. Upon initiation, the first shock wave was reflected back from the open end of the chamber and initiated the second explosion. The frequency was from 800 to 1500 impulses per second. The main lobe of the sound intensity pattern had a 65 degree angle of opening, and at 60 meters’ distance on the axis a pressure of 1000 microbars had been measured. No physiological experiments were conducted, but it was estimated that at such a pressure it would take from 30 to 40 seconds to kill a man. At greater ranges, perhaps up to 300 meters, the effect, although not lethal, would be very painful and would probably disable a man for an appreciable length of time. Vision would be affected, and low-level exposures would cause point sources of light to appear as lines.”

Mythology

Much written about infrasound and infrasound weaponry is based on mythology, conspiracy theory and bad science. despite this, attempts to debunk the theory have failed to destroy the interest in sound weapons with new rumours emerging of Russian secret weapon factories exploding and US police using infrasound as riot control. Probably the best analysis is Jürgen Altmann’s paper on the feasibility of sonic weapons which remains tantalisingly inconclusive; low frequency sound can cause physical damage but is impractical as a weapon.

A link to an interesting debate on the feasibility of building low frequency speakers: srforums.prosoundweb.com...

“The US military was playing with a helicopter mounted sonic device back in the 70′s I think. You dropped a pickup on top of a concrete pill box, three helicopters would position out of range
and bombard the pill pox with a sine wave. Once the resonant freq was dialed in, the concrete crumbled to dust in a minute or two. Very effective but dangerous as a minute is an eternity on a battlefield.”

Sources:

1. Organ Music Instills Religious Feelings,’ by Jonathan Amos, 9/8/2003

2. Vic Tandy. University of Coventry UK. “The Ghost in the Machine.”

Gavreau V., “Sons graves intenses et infrasons” in: Scientific Progres – la Nature (Sept. 1968) p. 336-344

“Acoustic Weapons—A Prospective Assessment: Sources, Propagation, and Effects of Strong Sound” Jürgen Altmann, Experimentelle Physik III. Universität Dortmund, Dortmund, Germany

‘Acoustic Trauma: Bioeffects of Sound,’ by Alex Davies

the Sonic Weapon of Vladimir Gavreau, by Gerry Vassilatos
Interesting, no? crab.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sightings

Originally posted by MamaJ

I too live around Nashville. I actually live in Mt. Juliet/Old Hickory. Last night the skies were clear and the lightning that was around lasted for about an hour. The lightning was like a strobe light. I have never seen it like that and I have lived here all my 38 years. I also noticed no birds were singing. The atmosphere was so dense I too had a headache (eye ache). Thank God this morning it is back to normal.

I am thinking what this guy saw was indeed out of this world. There is no way you can see something like that, no one else remember it, feel sick, and feel as though you are going mad. I would have to get to the bottom of it....thats for sure!

The lightning here in East Anglia UK was much like that, very very brief, singular flashes with no sound. Very odd.

This was only after the power was out.
edit on 4-8-2011 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

I was around the Lowestoft area on Wednesday and there were some very odd flashes of lightning going on over the sea etc. Also I couldn't recall any rumbles of thunder. I remember driving along at one point and wondering whether I had triggered a speed camera or something!

Thats where I'm reporting from pal! Always some unusual activity round these parts!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

A UFO crashed, you saw a bright light?
unmarked blacked helipcopters. Yea, a alien UFO indeed crash
edit on 4-8-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Could this be tied in with whats going on. If i could give you a flag for that find i would. So a much appreciated star will have to do. Could it be some sort of revamped weapon or craft being tested. Would explain the memory loss, sickness and headaches etc.

Fantastic post nitro67, this may come in handy in explaining a good portion of it. Im not tech minded when it comes to weapons etc or special craft and biological things. Maybe some of the outstanding people on ATS who know about these things i mention can jump in and lend a hand.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There's a episode of UFO hunters about a family in a car seeing a lamp-like ufo moving across a street and then they saw a bright light. Minutes passed and they reported seeing unmarked black helicopters in formation moving towards where they saw the bright light coming from. Can someone find the link to that episode on youtube and post it here?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join