It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright moving Object filmed in the sky (НЛО 30.07.2011 (Ивановская область) UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Quite Interesting video just been posted although dates from four days ago. Very bright object that doesn't seem to be a plane helicopter or Chinese lantern can be seen moving across the sky. Seems to be a bit of a ufo flap happening at the moment.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

pity about the poor quality. its impossible to tell what this is. looks like the speed an airplane would travel.
or a helicopter.
or a ufo i suppose
impossible to make out

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It looks like a chinese lantern even though you said it doesn't.
So from that crappy footage, Its a chinese lantern

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Strange, ive listened to the audio through headphones and I cant hear any engine noise at all ,however I can clearly hear the man speaking. I would expect a plane or helicopter that close to be easily heard. It looks like he could just be using a phone camera which would mean that the object must be quite large and close to be able to show up at all. Also it seem to be a perfect sphere of light. If it was a plane I would expect to see navigation lights unless it was head on but this object is moving across. Not saying its a ufo but Im not sure what it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
It looks like a chinese lantern even though you said it doesn't.
So from that crappy footage, Its a chinese lantern

I have seen a few Chinese lanterns and they all flicker and don't resemble a more solid white sphere as this does. I agree the quality is crap however doesn't mean its a Chinese lantern. I dont even know if they have them in Russia.

edit on 4-8-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
however doesn't mean its a Chinese lantern. I dont even know if they have them in Russia.

China is next to Russia, so there is a bloody good chance the Russians can make a lantern with a candle in it.
Its not rocket science mate.
I stand by my statment, Lantern.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by tarifa37
however doesn't mean its a Chinese lantern. I dont even know if they have them in Russia.

China is next to Russia, so there is a bloody good chance the Russians can make a lantern with a candle in it.
Its not rocket science mate.
I stand by my statment, Lantern.

I just think it appears too white solid and round to be a lantern.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
For what it's worth,
I have seen one of these whit my friend in the backyard oneday,

I mentioned it here once but got po poo'd.

Seeing is believing, especially if there is someone next to you seeing also.

We have no idea, only theories as to what it was.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Dude, you are always going to get flamed.

People refuse to accept it. Regardless of all the sightings and first-hand accounts.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Watch this video at about 1m20s.

Lanterns sometimes look solid depending on the camera, video quality etc. Not conclusive due to poor video quality but could be a lantern.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Thanks for that but I would still expect to see some flickering as there was on the video you linked.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I would have to say its not a plane because its visible during daylight hours with a camera of low quality. Having a blackberry I am plagued with a low resolution camera and it doesn't even pick up airplane lights, even at night. So the object is either extremely close to the camera, large, very bright(relative to commercial airplane lighting) or all three

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

What you expect due to your lack of understanding and what you believe due to your specific mindset are two different things. Many people expect things that don't make sense to people that lack the ignorant perspective of the person that is expecting the absurd.

There are plenty of subjects where I am sure I sound like an idiot, because I don't really understand the basic tools of the trade, or understand the physics of those tools and how they relate to what I assume I know. This is one of those times for you. You don't understand basic photography (yet rely on it daily to feed your ufo addiction?) so you are more susceptible to nonsense like this. I would hope that in the years to come you help deny your own ignorance by embracing the basic knowledge it takes to protect yourself from the nonsense you post about constantly.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

I don't think it's a lantern, if it was light outside (twilight hours) it wouldnt be so solid like this one, unless its fuel is aluminium

Seen loads bobbing about lately, and that looks pretty close, and when they are that big in the sky you can pretty much always make out what shape they are, you can even see the flames etc. That looks like a contemporary sphere lamp you get from trendy shops like Habitat etc.

The light coming off the object is pretty soft, no glare what so ever, and the solidity of the object is pretty impressive, its almost a perfect sphere. Lanterns are usually cubes.
edit on 4-8-2011 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

What you expect due to your lack of understanding and what you believe due to your specific mindset are two different things. Many people expect things that don't make sense to people that lack the ignorant perspective of the person that is expecting the absurd.

There are plenty of subjects where I am sure I sound like an idiot, because I don't really understand the basic tools of the trade, or understand the physics of those tools and how they relate to what I assume I know. This is one of those times for you. You don't understand basic photography (yet rely on it daily to feed your ufo addiction?) so you are more susceptible to nonsense like this. I would hope that in the years to come you help deny your own ignorance by embracing the basic knowledge it takes to protect yourself from the nonsense you post about constantly.
What??

I never said it was a ufo just I don't think its a plane helicopter or china lantern. That doesn't rule out lit balloon or some other type device. Chill out and don't get personal.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

you'll get used to mainlinethis. he's a regular troll, telling people how ignorant they are.
and that their threads are absurd and ridiculous.
ive yet to see him/her contribute something positive to a thread
he/she might when they take their head out from their ass

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Unless it is a lot closer than it looks I don't think it can be a lantern, too bright and speed is too high. It has the behavior of a helo or plane but I can't see why it would be so bright as it looks like it is moving away from the camera. Never seen lights on a departing plane be so bright. It also looks as if it actually climbs into the low level clouds and fades away as well

The resolution/quality of the recording is so poor that it will probably never be identified and that has a lot to do with the poor misinterpretations of it. JAWDITS I say, just another whit dot in the sky, a true UFO. And why in hell did the person taking the video flip the camera sideways. People do the stupidest crap when recording this stuff...

Originally posted by tarifa37:

I never said it was a ufo just I don't think its a plane helicopter or china lantern.

Ummm a U.F.O. is just an unidentified object, nothing more... so there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling this a U.F.O. Once you drop the pop culture stigma UFO is not a bad word. If you don't know what it is it is a UFO.

ETA: I was going to say it could be a military jet in afterburner but the lack of sound dispels that somewhat...
edit on 4-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hi Tarifa, thanks for sharing this video! I have to say, that - having been burned by too many hoaxed videos - since some time I refused to watch new videos. But a few days ago, a very good friend of mine send me several videos his brother shot in the late evening of august first.

On this video there are several lights to be seen. At first sight, I just thought, he filmed a group of chinese lanterns. But then I realized that they moved in formation. And that, in fact, they didn't move, not all of them. Some were stationary.

And the more I watched those Vids, the more I got excited, because I realized, that there was not much of common origin that could behave like those lights (no satellites, no planes, and no chinese lanterns).

Tonight I'm going to meet my friend and his brother to talk about it, and to decide what to do with this videos.

Of course, I think we should contact the local airport to ask, if they detected anything strange on that evening.

When we get confirmation, that my friends brother indeed did film UFOs, then for sure, you ATSers will hear about us!

edit on 4/8/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: He watched those lights for an hour and a half, and he was able to see them through his binoculars, and he said, that he clearly could make out an multicolored object, that was rotating!

By the way, that sighting happened on August 1 above Trier / Germany. And it seems like, as if similar objects have also be seen two days before above the city of Cologne / Germany.

edit on 4/8/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
hi, i've seen a lot of these before, and i always believed they were UFO's (as they were, if not identified..) anyways i managed to binocular the last one i saw (paid real attention to) and...chinese lantern. when a lantern flies during the day it does not flicker to the eye-this is due to the fact that there is too much ambient light around to disguise the flickering effect. Also, when viewed at dusk, a lantern tends to seem very 'ballish' and a lot bigger than it actually is. I don't know the reason why this is, but i have seen lantern at all times of the day and they definately seem to be visually larger in the evening.
I do ,however believe in alien life, but i honestly don't think any superior race will need to have lights on its craft in order to fly. they (UFO's) are there, you just won't see them.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

you'll get used to mainlinethis. he's a regular troll, telling people how ignorant they are.
and that their threads are absurd and ridiculous.
ive yet to see him/her contribute something positive to a thread
he/she might when they take their head out from their ass

Thanks for that, maybe he should be banned if always breaking T&C Rules.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join