It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuning in to the subconscious broadcasting system

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Over the past 6 months I've been experiencing voices in my head. I had no plans to post about it here, as I could imagine the response I'd get

It was only after reading a post on another thread that I realized I may nor be insane after all
The poster explaining it as a "subconscious broadcasting system" struck a chord with me:

Try this experiment: Allow your self to enter sleep paralysis, whilst still being conscious - similar to what those whom practice Astral Projection are familiar with - then, tune your sense of hearing, and you will start to pick up on the voices in your head - when you trace those voices, you will realize that there is a MASSIVE subconscious broadcasting system.

None of the voices I hear are ever talking to me directly. It's like eavesdropping on people I don't know. I sometimes hear conversations in foreign languages, strange accents, and the voices often sound quite jovial.

It always happens when I'm on the verge of sleep, and stops the instant I try to pay more attention to it. It doesn't happen every time I go to sleep, probably when I'm most relaxed with little on my mind.

Is their such a thing as a massive subconscious broadcasting system?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You may be accessing the superconsciousness. It knows all and sees all. I sometimes think I have accessed it but I never hear voices, just get thoughts. Things like when I am sure who is calling on the phone before it even rings.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I can't say that this has ever happened to me. But I definitely find it to be fascinating!!

You said that it has been happening over the past 6 months. How often has it happened in that time? Did you change anything in your sleep cycles or anything as this started?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Amazing. I've had the same problem for about 6 months too (Not too sure, but it's somewhere around 6 months). It only happens when nearly falling asleep, and since I've seen some weird ancient looking scroll with an unknown language roll before my eyes once, just before falling asleep, I'm guessing it has something to do with the brain. Like hallucinating or dreaming or whatever.

Still, it's weird that it has only started happening since a few months.

Sorry for my bad english.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftKoast

It's happened at least a dozen times in the past 6 months. I think it's happening more, but as it's just before I fall to sleep I'm not always remembering. My sleeping patterns have never been particularly regular anyway, so I don't think it's connected to that.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GalaxyCollision
Amazing. I've had the same problem for about 6 months too (Not too sure, but it's somewhere around 6 months). It only happens when nearly falling asleep, and since I've seen some weird ancient looking scroll with an unknown language roll before my eyes once, just before falling asleep, I'm guessing it has something to do with the brain. Like hallucinating or dreaming or whatever.

Still, it's weird that it has only started happening since a few months.

Very weird
Thanks for sharing. Glad to know I'm not alone

I wonder what the scroll was, have you tried searching online to see if you recognize it?

Also, my dreams have been quite vivid and intense over this period too. Not sure if the two are connected. Before I'd be lucky if I remembered a dream once a month, these days almost every night.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Are the voices negative?

www.schizophrenia.com...

Examples of Hallucinations---- --Hallucinations are as real as any other experience to the person with schizophrenia. As many as 70% hear voices, while a lesser number have visual hallucinations. --Auditory hallucinations can be either inside the person's head or externally. When external, they sound as real as an actual voice. Sometimes they come from no apparent source, other times they come from real people who don't actually say anything, other times a person will hallucinate sounds. --When people hear voices inside their heads, it is as if their inner thoughts are no longer alone. The new voices can talk to each other, talk to themselves, or comment on the person's actions. The majority of the time the voices are negative.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There is a great deal of activity as of right now. So I am not surprised you are feeling and hearing things. Think of it as rising to the top, kinda like cream. You are fortunate you are seeing and hearing, there is a blessing even when it seems it is a curse.

Things may get stranger, just be prepared for such.

Happy days to you and stay safe. Also, it helps if you write things down in a journal.

Ainge

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

No, never negative. As I said, they're mostly jovial, happy, and never speaking directly to me. I have a friend who is schizophrenic, so I'm familiar with the symptoms, and am 100% sure it's not that.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ainge
There is a great deal of activity as of right now. So I am not surprised you are feeling and hearing things. Think of it as rising to the top, kinda like cream. You are fortunate you are seeing and hearing, there is a blessing even when it seems it is a curse.

Things may get stranger, just be prepared for such.

Happy days to you and stay safe. Also, it helps if you write things down in a journal.

Ainge

What do you mean by activity? World events etc? That's a good idea about a journal
I will begin logging it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I wish I could be so confident. I've seen a lot of people here on ATS who claim to hear voices. For people who claim to be open-minded and looking for answers, I've rarely seen anyone who makes these claims first consider the fact that they may have a mental illness. It's always .. 'something else'. Just my two cents. Not trying to take you to task.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Further.

Originally posted by Ginga
I sometimes hear conversations in foreign languages, strange accents, and the voices often sound quite jovial.

No, never negative.

Most people have some stuff going on subconsciously... the mind dealing with stress and fear.

But you don't picked up anything negative? Hmm...

I have some doubts that you may be tapping into any collective consciousness, sorry. Maybe the Indigo.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I've seen a few of those threads myself, and was slightly dubious about posting. I actually expected a few, "You must be schizo" suggestions. If these voices were occurring at any other time than that short period between being awake and asleep I may consider some kind of mental illness. I actually feel more sane than I've ever done in my life.

If it gets worse I may consider it to be some kind of mental illness, but it's just been sporadic since it started.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

Can you give us a few examples of the conversations you hear and what they are saying? Male and female voices? Details..etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Also (tired and scattered... sorry about all the posts)..

I doubt if your conscious mind could keep up with the flow of being 'tapped' into any collective subconscious, much less make any detail out like individual conversations.

edit on 1-8-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
reply to post by Ginga

Can you give us a few examples of the conversations you hear and what they are saying? Male and female voices? Details..etc.

I never hear the same voices, different every time. One of the most definitive ones I remember was a guy acting camp with a French accent, he was joking and showing off to two female companions. They thought he was hilarious and laughing.

I've heard what I think may be Arabic and definitely Spanish (I neither speak nor understand either language). I've heard a strong male English Yorkshire accent, and all kinds of other English speaking accents.

None of the conversations are ever earth shattering stuff, just everyday chitchat.

I'll try keeping a journal to get specific conversations down.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

The world in general and out in the astrollogical world as well. We, those who are learning like me to say for better words I guess, know that there is a "thinning of the veils". I am of native american and gaelic blood. Northern Ireland to be exact on the gaelic and Cherokee, great granddaughter of a medicine cheif. I do have extreem PTSD, however not the other side affects of mental illness for Balkens reply. Yes, absolutely, Balken is correct. I fortuanatly was very monitored as a child for such activity due to childhood life for me.

I also know when someone is "being honest" as well for the most part, exspecially in what you are talking of. The thining of the veils is where out there and here meet in the middle. I am not sure how else to explain it.

Ainge.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

It is odd, I'll give you that. I really have no idea what you're experiencing. Maybe someone else has some insight. My best advice would be try to write down as much of the specifics of the conversations (who is speaking what) .

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
Over the past 6 months I've been experiencing voices in my head. I had no plans to post about it here, as I could imagine the response I'd get

It was only after reading a post on another thread that I realized I may nor be insane after all
The poster explaining it as a "subconscious broadcasting system" struck a chord with me:

Try this experiment: Allow your self to enter sleep paralysis, whilst still being conscious - similar to what those whom practice Astral Projection are familiar with - then, tune your sense of hearing, and you will start to pick up on the voices in your head - when you trace those voices, you will realize that there is a MASSIVE subconscious broadcasting system.

None of the voices I hear are ever talking to me directly. It's like eavesdropping on people I don't know. I sometimes hear conversations in foreign languages, strange accents, and the voices often sound quite jovial.

It always happens when I'm on the verge of sleep, and stops the instant I try to pay more attention to it. It doesn't happen every time I go to sleep, probably when I'm most relaxed with little on my mind.

Is their such a thing as a massive subconscious broadcasting system?

How do you allow yourself to get into sleep paralysis. It seems it only happens at random times to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GalaxyCollision

what you very well may be seeing before dreaming is the akaishic records. look them up, collective record of all thoughts and beings throughout the cosmos
edit on 2-8-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join