It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS* Crop circles possible prediction?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by AceWombat04
reply to post by Eurisko2012

When you say "We won't have to wait long to find out," what do you mean if I may pose the question? There was no specific prediction given. If anything happens, there's no way to credibly link it to the crop formation in my opinion. People are free to infer a link in retrospect, looking back at this topic, but there will be no proof of a relationship between the two because no specific prediction was offered. Only that "August will be one hell of a month." That could mean literally anything and, accordingly, that means that people can link literally anything that happens during August to this crop formation.

In actuality, even if an asteroid hits the Earth on August 15th (random "big event" off the top of my head,) there's no way to know that the crop formation was referring to that. (Or to anything else.) It's an unfalsifiable prediction that anyone can claim was correct if virtually anything at all happens during the month of August.

I'm not asserting that nothing can or will happen. I'm just saying there's no way to prove a connection without greater specificity on the part of the alleged prediction.

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 8/11/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

The crop circle is a PAPCC.
Planetary Alignment Prediction Crop Circle.
I already confirmed it with Celestia 1.6.
Technically, it's called a conjunction. Earth - SUN - Venus
Check it out yourself. The download is free.
-------
We just have to wait until August 16, 2011 to see what happens.
Hold on to your hat.
I have a pretty good idea. You wouldn't believe me.
----------
Lets just be patient and wait and see what happens.

So what happened? Aug 16th has come and gone for many. So what should we be holding onto our hat for? What do you have a pretty good idea about?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

As promised, I refrained from posting until today. You asked me to be patient and to "wait and see." You said you had a "pretty good idea" what would happen today. So I'd like to ask you to have the courage of your convictions and to tell us what if anything you believe happened today that had to do with this crop pattern in any way. Or if you no longer believe that, I'd like you to say that too, if you'd be so kind.

I will not attack you or your beliefs in any way, shape, or form, just as I haven't at any point during our discussion here. (Although I may have further questions for you.) I still respect your beliefs and opinions. But if you truly stand by them, it would be appreciated if you would comment now.

reply to post by Nikola014

You made similar claims, OP. You said that "August will be one hell of a month," that you knew this from "inside sources," and that the alignment of August 16th was clearly discernable as significant in the crop pattern. What do you feel has happened today, if anything, that has any relationship to the crop pattern? And if you don't feel that way anymore, I - as above - ask you to have the courage of your convictions and say so.

Bottom line for all concerned: the 16th has come and gone for much of the world and nothing of particular global import has happened today, or if it has, we have no way of knowing if it fulfilled this "prediction" because those propagating it never offered greater specificity beyond a date and a month. It was an unfalsifiable prediction that cannot be proved or disproved because anyone can say anything that happened today was what it referred to.

And I do not want this to become yet another prediction topic where people make predictions and then never comment again after nothing of import happens. Please have the integrity to comment and to not abandon this topic now that the date has come.

Thank-you.
edit on 8/16/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Additional comments and typos

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

When you say "We won't have to wait long to find out," what do you mean if I may pose the question? There was no specific prediction given. If anything happens, there's no way to credibly link it to the crop formation in my opinion. People are free to infer a link in retrospect, looking back at this topic, but there will be no proof of a relationship between the two because no specific prediction was offered. Only that "August will be one hell of a month." That could mean literally anything and, accordingly, that means that people can link literally anything that happens during August to this crop formation.

In actuality, even if an asteroid hits the Earth on August 15th (random "big event" off the top of my head,) there's no way to know that the crop formation was referring to that. (Or to anything else.) It's an unfalsifiable prediction that anyone can claim was correct if virtually anything at all happens during the month of August.

I'm not asserting that nothing can or will happen. I'm just saying there's no way to prove a connection without greater specificity on the part of the alleged prediction.

edit on 8/11/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

The crop circle is a PAPCC.
Planetary Alignment Prediction Crop Circle.
I already confirmed it with Celestia 1.6.
Technically, it's called a conjunction. Earth - SUN - Venus
Check it out yourself. The download is free.
-------
Hold on to your hat.
----------
Lets just be patient and wait and see what happens.

So what happened? Aug 16th has come and gone for many. So what should we be holding onto our hat for? What do you have a pretty good idea about?

Well, the planetary alignment event occurred but that's about it.

So the crop circle did half of it correct. Now we need to keep an eye on the head of the snake.
The good news is that some of you have learned how to operate Celestia 1.6.
--------------
Sorry about the anticlimactic conjunction Earth - Sun - Venus.
Without a doubt now is the time for a miracle.
The planet Earth is in turmoil and we have a very weak president living in the White House.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Just hang in there. August 16, 2011 will be here soon.
Well, August 16, 2011 is gone for most of the world, did something happened?

edit on 16/8/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Well, the alignment took place but i saw no - event - take place.
If you follow the circles on the CC snake it says either August 26 or 27th looks bad.
--------------
On the 27th Israel could bomb the hell out of Iran.
Also, September 11, 2011 will arrive soon.
It looks like we have a problem with the surviving members of Al Qaeda.

Go to Google: type Al Qaeda Al Jazeera 100 kilotons , then press enter.

I think Al Qaeda has been waiting very patiently for us to rebuild the World Trade Center.
We have been dragging our feet for a good reason.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

With all due respect, you and OP asserted that the crop pattern pertained to August, and specifically to August 16th, not to September. Specifically, you yourself said:

Hold on to your hat.

You said you had a pretty good idea what would happen, and that we just had to wait until August 16th to see what that was. You didn't say nothing would happen and that we might have to wait until sometime in September.

Yes, those things you mentioned could happen. But those things could happen at any time, and so could any number of other things, regardless of the crop pattern's existence.

Can you tell us what your pretty good idea was at least?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I think they have been waiting for the 10 year anniversary.
------------
Usually, we would have rebuilt the world trade center in record time and shown the world
that we are still an economic superpower. I guess on Sept. 11th they could choose an
alternate target. - Times Square -

100 kilotons could do a lot of damage.
We can't rebuild until the radiation falls.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That's an interesting hypothesis, but what did you "have a pretty good idea" would happen on August 16th? The prediction being put forth in this topic has nothing to do with September. Both you and the OP said August, and both of you singled out August 16th specifically. No specificity was offered before the 16th, and now that the 16th has passed without incident, no specificity is being offered even retroactively.

Please understand, I'm not trying to disabuse you of your beliefs or attack you for holding them in any way. If you believe something will happen in September or may happen in September, I can completely respect that. I'm just asking for some integrity and consistency with respect to this specific topic. Surely that's not an unreasonable expectation?
edit on 8/17/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well, the alignment took place but i saw no - event - take place.
But that anyone with access to the Internet could have "predicted".

On the 27th Israel could bomb the hell out of Iran.
Or tomorrow, or never, unless we have any other information pointing to a specific date (and I don't think that the Mossad is making the crop circles.

Also, September 11, 2011 will arrive soon.
It looks like we have a problem with the surviving members of Al Qaeda.
That depends on who you talk to, many people don't believe the Al Qaeda version of the story.

Go to Google: type Al Qaeda Al Jazeera 100 kilotons , then press enter.
I found several sites talking about a hoax that appeared in 2002.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So far this topic has consisted of the following:

• OP: Could this crop pattern be predicting something "big" in August? My "inside source" tells me "August will be one hell of a month." (Vague, non-specific prediction #1.) August 16th in particular seems denoted. (Vague, non-specific prediction #2.)
  • Another member: This crop pattern represents a planetary alignment which will take place on August 16th. I have a "pretty good idea" what will happen that day, but I'm not going to tell you what that is because "you wouldn't believe me." (Vague, non-specific prediction #3, analogous to #2.)
  • People point out that these predictions are unfalsifiable due to the lack of specificity, because no matter what happens on the 16th, they cannot be proved or disproved, and people can retroactively claim that literally any event on that date was fulfillment of the prediction. As such, people ask for greater specificity and ask to know what the aforementioned user "had a pretty good idea" would happen.
  • They respond that everyone must simply "wait and see," and refuse to elaborate.
  • August 16th passes without incident. People request accountability and integrity. OP does not post and appears to have abandoned topic.
  • Aforementioned member replies that there are several other events which may or may not happen some time in August, and also that something may occur on the anniversary of 9-11 in September, despite the prediction clearly being made for August originally. (Moving of the goal posts #1.)
  • People point this out to no avail.

I've been on ATS a while now. In my personal experience (and this isn't an attack on anyone - this is just my honest relaying of my experience here thus far) this seems to be how these topics almost always end up. No accountability, moving of the goal posts to a later date, and abandonment of the topic by the OP.

I would like to think that people are at least learning from these topics, but my past experience also suggests that while some are, many aren't. All of the above is incredibly disappointing and frustrating, and I'm certain I'm not alone in that sentiment.

I respect everyone's opinions, feelings, and beliefs, but the proof is in the pudding in my opinion.

I have nothing further to add. Peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So far this topic has consisted of the following:

• OP: Could this crop pattern be predicting something "big" in August? My "inside source" tells me "August will be one hell of a month." (Vague, non-specific prediction #1.) August 16th in particular seems denoted. (Vague, non-specific prediction #2.)
  • Another member: This crop pattern represents a planetary alignment which will take place on August 16th. I have a "pretty good idea" what will happen that day, but I'm not going to tell you what that is because "you wouldn't believe me." (Vague, non-specific prediction #3, analogous to #2.)
  • People point out that these predictions are unfalsifiable due to the lack of specificity, because no matter what happens on the 16th, they cannot be proved or disproved, and people can retroactively claim that literally any event on that date was fulfillment of the prediction. As such, people ask for greater specificity and ask to know what the aforementioned user "had a pretty good idea" would happen.
  • They respond that everyone must simply "wait and see," and refuse to elaborate.
  • August 16th passes without incident. People request accountability and integrity. OP does not post and appears to have abandoned topic.
  • Aforementioned member replies that there are several other events which may or may not happen some time in August, and also that something may occur on the anniversary of 9-11 in September, despite the prediction clearly being made for August originally. (Moving of the goal posts #1.)
  • People point this out to no avail.

I've been on ATS a while now. In my personal experience (and this isn't an attack on anyone - this is just my honest relaying of my experience here thus far) this seems to be how these topics almost always end up. No accountability, moving of the goal posts to a later date, and abandonment of the topic by the OP.

I would like to think that people are at least learning from these topics, but my past experience also suggests that while some are, many aren't. All of the above is incredibly disappointing and frustrating, and I'm certain I'm not alone in that sentiment.

I respect everyone's opinions, feelings, and beliefs, but the proof is in the pudding in my opinion.

I have nothing further to add. Peace.

Your post insulted me.

Like you probably don't know, all our knowledge about Aliens,underground bases,9/11 conspiracies and many other things,is based on inside sources.

We wouldn't have The Disclosure Project if there weren't people from inside.
Phil Schneider worked as engineer in the secret underground facility, and thanks to him we know so much about underground bases.
Stanton Friedman, the father of UFOlogy, worked for the government institute, before he started researching government conspiracies.
Should i even say the names of Edgar Mitchell,Bazz Oldrin or Neil Armstrong?

At the end of the day,everything we know is pretty much based on people who worked for the government.
And they are what,well inside sources.
So you're very wrong mister.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I stand by the post I made above. Nothing I said in it was anything but a factual summary of this topic to date, followed by an expression of legitimate frustration. I'm not going to lie and say that topics like these don't frustrate me when they do. And I'm not going to retract anything I stated in the aforementioned.

I will say that my intention was not to insult you in any way, and if I have done so, I apologize. I think if you read my posts in this or any other topic, particularly reiterating my respect for your beliefs and opinions, you will realize (I hope) that that is never my intent. But when predictions are wholly non-specific save for a month and a date, they are by definition unfalsifiable. When nothing happens on the specified date, I feel that should be acknowledged. And when the goal posts get moved to a later date and month (as was done by another member above,) then I'm going to point that out.

Again, I apologize if any of that is offensive to you. It is not my intent.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I stand by the post I made above. Nothing I said in it was anything but a factual summary of this topic to date, followed by an expression of legitimate frustration. I'm not going to lie and say that topics like these don't frustrate me when they do. And I'm not going to retract anything I stated in the aforementioned.

I will say that my intention was not to insult you in any way, and if I have done so, I apologize. I think if you read my posts in this or any other topic, particularly reiterating my respect for your beliefs and opinions, you will realize (I hope) that that is never my intent. But when predictions are wholly non-specific save for a month and a date, they are by definition unfalsifiable. When nothing happens on the specified date, I feel that should be acknowledged. And when the goal posts get moved to a later date and month (as was done by another member above,) then I'm going to point that out.

I accept you apology,but you're missing the point.

Everything we know came from our inside sources.

That's the point.

It's not matter of belief it's just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Maybe there's aliens on venus?

I did find it odd how we were told for a very long time how Venus was a planet full of oceans and plants, then suddenly they said it's a barren horrible place like Mercury.

However, it does make sense that we'd revise previous ideas as we learn more and progress technologically.

Anyway I just wanted to say this thread is another I have seen of yours which is very interesting and thought provoking. These are the kinds of threads that make me come to ATS.

Great job!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely

Maybe there's aliens on venus?

I did find it odd how we were told for a very long time how Venus was a planet full of oceans and plants, then suddenly they said it's a barren horrible place like Mercury.

However, it does make sense that we'd revise previous ideas as we learn more and progress technologically.

Anyway I just wanted to say this thread is another I have seen of yours which is very interesting and thought provoking. These are the kinds of threads that make me come to ATS.

Great job!

Thanks man.

I appreciate it,and it really means a lot to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I accept you apology,but you're missing the point.

Everything we know came from our inside sources.

That's the point.

It's not matter of belief it's just the way it is.

But the point is these inside sources prove to be consistently wrong, time and time again. That leads me to the conclusion that either these inside sources don't really know jack, or there were no inside sources to begin with.

It is a matter of belief for everyone who doesn't have an inside source, because we have no way to verify the information you tell us. Your posts insult everyone here, by giving us false information, whether knowingly or not, and then failing to be accountable for it.

Simply put, you were wrong in your prediction, you failed to own up to it, and even after the date has come and passed and after many polite requests, you still won't elaborate on what you thought exactly was going to happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
it's no secret that the people that make these crop circles are frequenting the same websites as us. You seem to have aced this particular crop circle and the translation right to the metrics. How do we know that YOU are not the one who made this and thus are able to describe the meaning in minutial detail? I am just asking because, I don't think I could have deduced what you did from this on my best day, loaded with caffeine. you also seem to be leading the conversation all the way through as if trying to psychologically direct the flow of responses. It seems almost narcissistically contrived. You can't remember where you found these photos (which source), but you can systematically remember all of these equations and dates in sequence? It doesn't add up that something that you did so much work on ..you would forget to log the site from which it came. How is it that you came to these conclusions anyway...inspiration? It looks as if someone in this photo (from this source) started that particular crop circle and just perfected it later. Who was that, I wonder?

edit on 21-8-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well, the problem is that to be rigorous I must delineate between what I know and what I've been told. To know something there must be corroborating evidence sufficient to constitute proof. Anything short of that, for me at least, is merely belief, suspicion, or hypothesis. Which is fine, but in this case I can't say I know what you've said to be true. That is not a personal attack but a statement of fact regarding what I know, which may obviously differ from what you know because what we are privy to may differ.

There is some testimony that I consider credible, and some that I don't (those which lack evidence, in which case I remain open minded but skeptical, and those which outright display evidence of deception or misinformation, in some cases even including admissions thereof, in which case I have to dismiss their claims.) Can you understand that someone on the internet saying they have an inside source saying that a particular month will be "one hell of a month" and offering no greater specificity than that (not what will happen, not who the souce is, not why they are credible, etc.) is not something that I can consider credible without further corroborating evidence or greater specificity? You haven’t given me any evidence to hang my hat on. You’ve made what is an unfalsifiable prediction because if anything at all happens in August, one can retroactively say that it was in fulfillment of the crop pattern. That doesn't mean you or your source are being dishonest or deceptive. It just means that I have no way of knowing whether to lend it credence, and that there is insufficient corroborating evidence for me to consider it credible.

And now there is a new topic (not created by you, mind you) with people saying that the crop pattern actually referred to October.

Let me be very clear so as to avoid any possible miscommunication: I'm not making factual assertions about what will or will not happen or about your own credibility or honesty, so please don't take anything I say that way. And I absolutely respect your opinions and your beliefs. I’m not trying to disabuse you of them or to attack you for them. All I'm doing is pointing out that the prescribed date passed without incident, that the prediction offered is completely non-specific save for a month (initially a date, but that date has now passed,) and that another member has subsequently moved the goal posts to a later date (and even a later month.) None of that is in dispute.

edit on 8/21/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Just felt compelled to reply to your point about scientists not studying something in fear of losing tenure/credibility.

Just recently I argued a similar piece about natural alternatives to mainstream medicine, although this issue was focused more on the funding side of things. Personally I find it incredibly sad that true science is actually being held back due to money and reputation. Surely a scientist should be allowed to investigate, without bias, to determine some levels of fact/truth.

When science loses bias, its dangerous, just as religion was many years ago (and still is in some ways). How can we seek truth, if we aren't given the tools and support to do so. And how is it today, so many scientists are so closed minded about so many things?

Surely at the core, all scientists are supposed to be open minded until proven one way or another??? Anyway back to reading the thread!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
THESE ARE MANMADE!!!!!!!!

are you guys like delusional? if aliens were to make crop circles in the fields they would at least have straight lines!

damn

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Interesting, well posted.
These prophetic dates always come & go, and nothing much seems to happen, but who knows? i will keep an eye out for october 29

An earlier crop circle formed in June in East Kennett turned out to be man made, i know, i inspected it thouroughly.
I can't comment on the later ones, i did not see them.
I still keep an open mind on the origin of SOME crop circles, though

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join