It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

270,000 organic farmers to sue Monsanto

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Mr. Lizard, thank you for making my morning!! No better way to start my day than a good cup of coffee and news that there are a group going after Monsanto, my biggest pet peeve!!

While I stand behind anyone that goes after Monsanto or any of their subsidiaries, they will have a tough row to hoe considering their strong ties to the Federal Govt. (Don Rumsfeld, you know the one who railroaded Aspartame through the USDA and onto American tables everywhere, amongst others)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't get how Monsanto gets to harass and sue farmers for "stealing" their Genetically Modified Crops when it is not an intentional act by the farmers, rather a byproduct of those crops drifting their pollen onto the farmer's crop. Like someone else said, if Monsanto can sue them for "stealing" then the farmers should be able to sue them for "contaminating" their crops.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It'll be nice watching Monsanto burn.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I want to see these guys burn just as much as the next guy, but you have to consider, could this be a ploy? I mean, with the publicity these guys have been getting lately, could it be that they see they are at the end of their time here and with this 270,000 or so lawsuits heading their way, could they be making way for a smaller company that they are a parent of, to come forth and have some new "completely organic" (sarcasm) food stuffs?

Just something to consider that's all.

Sounds to .... convenient .... to me.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Kreighton because: added content

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
BRILLIANT!!

Monsanto must be the most reviled company on earth.

I hope these good people know the whole world is with them.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I don't get how Monsanto gets to harass and sue farmers for "stealing" their Genetically Modified Crops when it is not an intentional act by the farmers, rather a byproduct of those crops drifting their pollen onto the farmer's crop. Like someone else said, if Monsanto can sue them for "stealing" then the farmers should be able to sue them for "contaminating" their crops.

They get to do it because they, the judiciary and the so-called government is corrupt to its stinking core, and because they have a sinister agenda which Monsanto is helping them to implement.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Love it.

Monsanto has seen a lot of time in court over the years. Course, they're usually picking the fight with some poor farmer unlucky enough to have a few stray Monsant Mutants blow into their fields and grow.

Good to see them on the other side of the table for a change.

Hopefully, this will reign in the monster...
edit on 26-7-2011 by LazyGuy because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the OP! I rarely post replies in threads, but this article put a big smile on my face...so I just had to respond.
I've already shared it on Google+ and Twitter.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

A) GMO crops DON"T increase yields.

B) GMOs have dominate traits that cause other crops to flounder, fail or produce "sterile seed".

C) GMOs were the precursor to "sterile seed crops", also by Monsanto, and recently legalized by the Fed. In case you DON'T know, that means that the seed produced by the plant can't be replanted because it will just rot...for all practical purposes, there is no life in the seed.

D) GMO plantings in many third world countries have had complete failures due to the genetic alteraton.

E) GMOs are created by inserting ANIMAL DNA among other things into the PLANT DNA. If that was supposed to happen, you probably see more frogs humping cornstalks than you currently do.

F0 If you were truly starving, I'm sure you would have sold that computer by now...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is a deep and ugly rabbithole.

It’s not enough that former Monsanto executive Michael Taylor is the Food Czar in Obama`s administration. Monsanto recently purchased Xe Intelligence Services. Xe is the new name for Blackwater, the largest private mercenary military outfit in the world. Within that same time frame, Bill Gates purchased $23 million of Monsanto stock.

Got that from an interesting link here

In that article are the necessary links that help solidify the imperial domination of the Monsanto regime. They are too big to fail, have their own internal CIA, and a military to boot. Not to mention the blanket coverage over many federal institutions (FDA and USDA). It's definately time to take down the giant.
On a side note, don't you find it spooky that Microsoft covertly partnered with Xe intelligence? Is this another Echelon in the making, and possibly built into their operating system?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If they win, it would be the beginning of the end for Monsanto just think of the amount of crops they have contaminated world-wide?

And they have very deep pockets, farmers everywhere are going to join this fight.

Monsanto will do everything they can to settle this out of court, they already have in a few cases. Monsanto does not want a legal precedent set with this type of lawsuit, because it would bankrupt them and they know it.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

"Sterile seed" crops have been proven to reduce the output of unrelated garden crops MILES AWAY. It's hard to imagine how a GMO crop can reduce the yields of tomatoes and squash by 60% and make the plants sickly, but that is EXACTLY what they have been shown to do. Monsanto is working to control the world's food supply...there is no alternative reasoning.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I know I've already posted 2 responses to other responses, but there is a REASON GMO crops are illegal and irradicated in the rest of the world. GMOs have been linked to LIVER FAILURE and KIDNEY FAILURE by the health arms of several other governments. Other studies show that serious changes have taken place in the digestive tracts of Americans over the last 10 years. Some doctors are predicting an epidemic of stomach disease, including cancer, because of these changes in our diets.

If any item you pick up at the grocery store has any corn or soy ingredients in it, then it contains GMO products...period.

The Fed paved the way recently for GMO crops to carry the ORGANIC label.

The Fed made it ILLEGAL to label ANY product as "GMO FREE".

See any conspiracy/collusion here????

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That is awesome to see citizens fight this giant. For some reason though I think this is just one of many upcoming battles. Monsanto is the Umbrella (Resident Evil) of the world and if not put in check will bring some nasty stuff into our already unstable world.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Over one billion people could sue them for what they have done to the human digestive system. Our guts make pesticide now and there is no way of avoiding this as the polluted pollen is already worldwide.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The bigger they are the harder they fall.
I hope he goes down head first.
S&F.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I donated, now bring us the victory!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Excellent, now lets see cattle and poultry farmers rise up against the massive corporations running those industries, too.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I can see this playing right into TPTB's hands.
Okay so lets say the farmers win this lawsuit, then what? I bet this will tie in nicly with the already low crop output for this year (due to mother natures havoc) and hyperinflation. Food prices soaring potentionally to the stratosphere is the 800 lb gorrilla here. When the people are outraged at the price of food, our gov's will just shrug and say, "You are the ones that wanted to get rid of the cheap GMO foods, not us." That way they will not have the blood on their hands when poop goes flying around the room.

Dunno, just looking at this the same way they do oil prices.
Even though the U.S. get the majority of our oil from Canada, we still saw gas prices soar when the uprisings started in the middle east. It sux that the masses will believe whatever MSM tells them to believe. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

The problem is that you don't see the problem

Ever hear of biodiversity? It is necessary for life to flourish. If all crops turn into Monsanto crops...bye, bye biodiversity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join