It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who put this wacko in charge?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Taxes that corporations owe for what the U.S. gov does for those businesses should be reflected in the cost of the goods and services. When corporations avoid paying taxes, and average people are stuck carrying the cost of government regulation of interstate commerce, and international trade, small business owners get screwed.

Take gasoline for example. Gas tax should come directly from the corporations who produce this product to reflect the military costs of keeping the middle east stable, and clean up costs from oil spills, and all that is needed to prevent those oil spills, and make sure toxics are not being spewed into the environment. A tax at the pump doesn't work, it has to come directly from the corporation.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"Who put this wacko in charge?" Who knows. But whatever is going on and if he decides to exercise that 14th Amendment thingy, he has to tackle the Wall Street bankersters and other liberal pals who put this nation into a mess. And for crying out loud, please stop raising taxes so that spending can be cut in one shot: It's good for the nation and good for the able-bodied and sound-minded people, who can and should be put to work!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No, the democrats didn't have a chance to change anything, when GW held the veto pen.

The last time democrats had a good chance of making changes was in 93 and 94, when they did some great things for the U.S. economy. The last four years have been centered around dealing with the economic disasters created by free market economics, but odds are high, you are in complete denial on that.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I stopped cooperating along time ago...stopped voting for them, stopped paying them, and the most important...I stopped arguing about them.

What have we gotten for our efforts other than greater divisions amongst us all?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

You are just another in complete denial of reality. Gingrich's de-regulation policies that he pushed over a decade ago, along with GWs refusal to enforce laws is what created this mess.

What do you have against prosperity?

You don't believe in sticking with what works, but prefer to keep trying something that always fails, free market policies, and staying in failure mode. That is complete nonsense.

We should reset tax rates back to where they were in 1995, when things were going well in this country. Reset regulation to the same period. Undo the whole mess the repubs created when given the opportunity.

The smart thing to do is get back to what worked, when our economy was last prosperous.

edit on 24-7-2011 by poet1b because: add last line.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Once again, the democrats didn't write the tax code that cut the taxes, republicans did. That you want to insist differently with vague suggestions demonstrates you care nothing about reality.

What the heck, your avatar says it all. You are a died in the wool, hard core conservative, who will support stealing from the working class and giving to the super rich, always.

So, the Republicans wrote the tax code before the Democrats took over Congress in Jan 2007? And the Democrats did not have the opportunity to change it from Jan 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, to Jan 2011, when the Republicans took over control of the House? Are you going to stick by that?

No, the democrats didn't have a chance to change anything, when GW held the veto pen.

The last time democrats had a good chance of making changes was in 93 and 94, when they did some great things for the U.S. economy. The last four years have been centered around dealing with the economic disasters created by free market economics, but odds are high, you are in complete denial on that.

I guess so.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Oh, you mean when Clinton took over and my taxes went up and everyone I knew at the bottom end of the income ladder had a hard time finding a job?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yeah, that is the situation. The big problem is that the way the rules are written in congress, the minority has way too much power to block legislation. This needs to change. A bigger problem is that democrats did not fight hard enough, which is ultimately why they lost in the last elections.

Now the looneys have taken over the house.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well, the con artists and crooks had a harder time when Clinton was in office, but most working people did a lot better in those days, when U.S. wages rose for the first time in 20 years.

Hey, cling to your fantasies, it is obvious that you care nothing for the truth.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yeah, that is the situation. The big problem is that the way the rules are written in congress, the minority has way too much power to block legislation. This needs to change. A bigger problem is that democrats did not fight hard enough, which is ultimately why they lost in the last elections.

Now the looneys have taken over the house.

And what do you expect the Democrats to do if they do gain a majority again in Congress, if they didn't do anything for 2 years with a majority in Congress and a more than willing Democratic President?

Well, the con artists and crooks had a harder time when Clinton was in office, but most working people did a lot better in those days, when U.S. wages rose for the first time in 20 years.

Hey, cling to your fantasies, it is obvious that you care nothing for the truth.

I wonder why Clinton did have such a good run with the economy? It couldn't have been the economic planning of the prior administration, could it? Nah! That would be preposterous!
Democrats only blame the prior administration when the economy is poor.

edit on 7/24/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I only know the truth I've experienced living under democrat rule in California... and that back in the mid 90's my cost of living went up and my wages didn't.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well, I need to go do some schoolwork for tomorrow. But hopefully enough of poet's left-wing BS has been uncovered to let the smell out and flies in. Remember, research is your best friend to "Deny Ignorance!"
Don't take anyone's word here at ATS on anything as truth without verification. There are too many people here only after flags and stars, and will misrepresent or even fake stories to gain them from you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
is it any wackier than adding another war onto the budget, and then turning around and admitting that you might not be able to pay the troops who are fighting all these wars unless they get permission to borrow more??

right now I am disgusted with both sides, and well, don't even see a reason to worry about which side is more disgusting!!
won't be any incumbents getting my votes the next time around...
doubt if it will help, but when it comes to congress....the news ones seem to take some time adjusting to just how things are done, and well, maybe the more we have "adjusting" the less damage the fools can do???

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Because these funding sources think he is just a great American, they shovel money at them with no thought to return on that investment? It was simply a donation to better all of man kind.

Define "proof". A video documenting the transactional relationship? A sign affidavit from all parties? A sales receipt? Granted these donations may at best be circumstantial evidence but please... greedy they may be but not sloppy.

Ask your senator or representative if you can sit in on their next big legislative task. After you grow old and die waiting, try "donating" a gazillion dollars to their next exploratory committee/PAC/etc and see if that speeds up the invite. See what happens when you articulate the proposed legislation you think is great for America happens to open up a highly lucrative post public service opportunity for your senator/representative. It's a win-win!

It's all just talk and most likely no laws were broken. Heck your congressman wrote the laws so we can pretty much guarantee that. So you and I, sitting on the outside, see this and rightly point out this is not right. It is not representative. It is quid pro quo. But since there is no "evidence" of a "crime", what leverage do we have?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well, the con artists and crooks had a harder time when Clinton was in office,

Seriously? Do you know who founded Glencore?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
I wonder why Clinton did have such a good run with the economy?

It was under Clinton that China was given "most favored nation status." I love it! Shafting America = awesome!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So you blame the democrats for the problems created by the republicans, and use that as a reason to support republicans. Talk about messed up reasoning.

For 12 years the republicans failed to get the U.S. economy going again. Clinton got into office, completely changed how the country was ran, began regulating corporations again, and raised taxes on the rich, and prosperity developed under Clinton. No, didn't have anything to do with the failed Reagan/Bush 1 years.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You might try cleaning house, rather than blame me for what you smell.

Yo seem to have an affinity for blaming others for things done by someone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

But is was under GW when the WTO treaty was signed, handing over our nations sovereignty.

It amazing how you people can ignore what happened to this country over the last decade.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You really think Clinton would have not signed that as well? Oh, please.

The precursor to that was GATT. Which was much talked about and encouraged during Clinton.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join