It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible Volcanic "event" in southern CA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Extinct being the key word in all this. Extinct means it is no longer a volcano, sure there's a slight chance like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% an extinct volcano could wake up but it's so slim it's not worth thinking about.

Those other regions you mention are regions of ACTIVE volcano's. If you don't understand the difference between something extinct and something active then it might be beneficial you do a little research for yourself

It has also been proven that it was just weather, the guy is just trying to deceive you all. I can't actually believe people are still believing this guy despite all the facts being presented

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is when the Un-Flag Event comes in handy.. Although i never had a chance to flag it!

edit on 24-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Somethings going on indeed around there and its not rain clouds.
Another thing i posted a few weeks back of rumbling noises in the Los Angeles area.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Starting to put two and two together.

It's the Eagle fire imho.

On page one I linked to the .gov website that shows the maps and you can google the Eagle fire it's currently raging in that area.

Here is a local news report

Plus we have other locals reporting seeing smoke yesterday. (Not ash fallout)

The information I supplied reports the fire is currently 30% contained, as of 3hours ago update.

As I said before, this fire is in the San Diego area, nowhere near Barstow. I live here in So Cal. We do not see fires from Anzo -Borrrego Desert up in Barstow area. Not even with winds, they just would not blow that way.

edit on 24-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Extinct being the key word in all this. Extinct means it is no longer a volcano, sure there's a slight chance like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% an extinct volcano could wake up but it's so slim it's not worth thinking about.

Those other regions you mention are regions of ACTIVE volcano's. If you don't understand the difference between something extinct and something active then it might be beneficial you do a little research for yourself

It has also been proven that it was just weather, the guy is just trying to deceive you all. I can't actually believe people are still believing this guy despite all the facts being presented

Disco, did you watch that video. It did look like a plume and not live the "weather" that others posted with their radar pics. Also I said I "figured" there were ancient and extinct volcanos around this area because of all the lava fields, but it was a guess. Also did you follow the Kenya volcano that erupted recently? They thought that one was extinct, but obviously it wasn't. It just started spewing one day, no notice or anything. People thought it was a fire at first also.

And you really should not speak as if you know everything. Nothing was Proven. People showed that, yes, there was some weather over the city of Barstow. They did not disprove the plume that the video showed, which did not look like all those other weather loops. And, there weren't that many fact presented here, in fact, I've seen none that made anything conclusive.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's the Eagle fire imho.

On page one I linked to the .gov website that shows the maps and you can google the Eagle fire it's currently raging in that area.

Here is a local news report

Plus we have other locals reporting seeing smoke yesterday. (Not ash fallout)

The information I supplied reports the fire is currently 30% contained, as of 3hours ago update.

This is 100 miles south of the area in the OP video. You're looking in the wrong area. If fires 100 miles south were the cause then the plume in the video would show that.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Ok, just did a quick read over all the posts. I can't believe no one has mentioned all the lava that is out exactly where this guy is saying a plume showed up.

Guess none of the the Havasu rats are members here or are at the lake having a grand time. Anyone that drives the 40 to Arizona knows that area is full of lava rock. I just figured there was an ancient and extinct volcano somewhere in those hills.

There could be a volcano waking up out of the blue, just like in Kenya.

ETA: and Chile, and Indonesia and Italy and Iceland and Alaska and, and.....

edit on 23-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

The feature is known as a Lavic Lake volcanic field:

www.volcano.si.edu...

Pisgah Crater is the most prominent feature of the Lavic Lake volcanic field, which contains four Quaternary cinder cones. The 100-m-high Pisgah Crater, seen here from the NW, and its surrounding 100-sq-km lava field are easily seen from nearby Interstate highway 40. The crater and nearby vents were the source of dominantly pahoehoe lava flows that traveled as far as 18 km NW over alluvial-fan and playa-lake deposits. Pisgah Crater was initially considered to be Holocene in age, but more recent dating indicates it is about 25,000 years old.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7873b1a9d28a.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ccc7947b3f8.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 24/7/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Ironically, I mentioned that in the 4th post of this thread.
Of course, as it's also already been pointed out, Lavic Lake is an extinct volcanic field.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Just went to weather.gov, currently radar down for that area.

forecast.weather.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In the video, the presenters says that the radar image is behaving just like a volcanic plume.

Wrong. Volcanic plumes don't circulate. This image has the plume starting in the south and then moving to the north. Then it spins around and comes back toward the southwest and circulates back into the rest of the cloud.

If it were a volcanic eruption, forget about all the people nearby who'd be reporting it, it would not circulate.
If ash and steam were ejected by a volcano, it would rise quickly high into the atmosphere, and then would be carried in a straight line in the direction of the prevailing winds.

Also, if you have an eruption, you would have lots of siesmic activity in the area. USGS would have picked up the activity and there would be a warning given.

I like gonzo journalists. But, if you don't know what you're talking about, then you should shut the hell up.
If you are out there claiming to be informing fellow citizens and giving alerts, the first thing you should have is a working knowledge of the subject your observing, and you should have things called facts to back up what you are claiming.

He said, " Quote, unquote, the volcanic plume."

I'd advise anyone here to ignore this persons videos because this person is prone to wild speculation with no common sense.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Of course, as it's also already been pointed out, Lavic Lake is an extinct volcanic field.

I just can't help remembering that the recent Nabro eruption was supposedly an extinct volcano.

But it could be nothing, just don't want to discount anything yet.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This area of those craters is deserted desert. A few deserted shacks along the Amboy road through those mountains. (and a handful, literally, of people maybe) If a vent let off steam for a few minutes, it could be missed.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

But, then, as Robin just said, any eruption in the area would've been preceded by a very prominent earthquake swarm, just as the eruption at Nabro was. In fact, just as any volcanic eruption is. And those earthquakes would tend toward a distinctive harmonic signature. This hasn't been seen, so there is no volcanic activity in the area.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The area may be remote and few people in that exact vicinity, but you can't forget the giant metropolis to the west.

LA LA Land. Los Angeles...

Remember all the pilots and planes. How could all those pilots miss this giant plume of ash as they approach the city. A plume this close to L.A. would be clearly seen by pilots as the fly near, or as the circle around waiting for landing.

There is no eruption. The videos are bunk.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Disco, did you watch that video.

Yes I did, otherwise I'd be spouting unfounded rhetoric based off nothing

Originally posted by SunnyDeeIt did look like a plume and not live the "weather" that others posted with their radar pics.

I've seen clouds in the sky that look like turtles, rabbits, ships, etc does this mean they are infact what they look like ? Do you eve know what a volcanic plume looks like from a birds eye view perspective ?

Originally posted by SunnyDeeAlso did you follow the Kenya volcano that erupted recently?

No I did not, why ? Because it was in Eritrea, not Kenya and is in an active region.

Originally posted by SunnyDee They thought that one was extinct, but obviously it wasn't. It just started spewing one day, no notice or anything.

Actually it didn't just start spewing, there were warning signs with the presence of earthquake swarms

Originally posted by SunnyDeeAnd you really should not speak as if you know everything.

I am not

Originally posted by SunnyDeeNothing was Proven. People showed that, yes, there was some weather over the city of Barstow. They did not disprove the plume that the video showed, which did not look like all those other weather loops. And, there weren't that many fact presented here, in fact, I've seen none that made anything conclusive.

Yes it was proven, the pictures I provided are the same images Dutchnonsense was using from the same websites. Of course they didn't disprove what was shown in the video, they answered what IT WAS.

Do you really think if there was a volcanic eruption there that there wouldn't be a shedload of youtube vids and tonnes of google hits with posting about their impending doom and destruction ?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No fire in that area according to interactive fire maps. There is two fires due south of there near Escondido, but no where near where Dutchsinse claims.

ENPLAN Wildfire Viewer

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

How do you determine that it is extinct? Because wikipedia (and possibly others) have said it is extinct? Extinct does not mean that it can't erupt - just that current science thinks it won't erupt again. There are many examples of previously thought extinct volcanoes that have erupted and then gone into dormancy again.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

A currently extinct volcano is certainly still capable of an eruption. My comment about Lavic Lake being extinct was actually a bit of a veiled 'second line' comment. My actual point was that, while SunnyDee claimed that no one had mentioned the volcanic nature of the area, I had, in fact, done so in the 4th post of the thread.

As Nabro proves, an assumed extinct volcano can erupt "unexpectedly". However, such an eruption (as with any volcanic eruption) would be preceded by an earthquake swarm, as was seen at Nabro. Nothing of the sort has been seen in SoCal.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thanks SunnyDee, for clearing that up. I've had major car problems 3 times and all 3 were in the Barstow vicintity, but I still never noticed what the landscape beside the roads looked like. My wife is a non-driver, so all I ever get to look at is the tail lights.

It still seems like doom and gloom time has been canceled. So we should put the refreshments away and save them for next time.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Interesting,,,,,,,,,

www.youtube.com...

Uploaded by TheGrowingAwareness on Jul 23, 2011

7/23/2011 -- CALIFORNIA Volcanic eruption at Pisgah Crater-
edit on 24-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

What was interesting about that vid is the red dot/line he points out in the Barstow area showing a heat source?
The area he keeps pointing to to the south is no doubt the fire going on in Warner Springs area in San Diego county.

Dutch has put out another video. He ties in to some seismic activity for the timeframe of the plume he sees.www.youtube.com.../u/0/BwRKxIoB7XE

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join