It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible Volcanic "event" in southern CA?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok, I shall spell out my meaning, perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. I did read the information, but although the op could very well be wrong about a volcanic eruption in the area he pinpointed, there is clearly something geological going on, The link doesn't detail the specifics, but I would imagine that the op must have picked up on something as this thread predates the link.

I won't pretend to know anything about the subject in hand, I am hear to learn, as many are. But does logic not dicate that although the wrong conclusion was jumped too, something was happening that needs looking at?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eccentriclady
I would imagine that the op must have picked up on something as this thread predates the link

There is nothing going on there, the op picked up on nothing but some moron who can't understand how to read weather radars.

RSOE must have put it up on the map because of so many mindless fools having absolutely no understanding of critical thinking and just follow their messiah of misinterpretation.

It even says in the description I posted that there is absolutely nothing going on.

What more do you people need for it to sink in ?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

We people would have let this all go, but you keep rehashing the thread! It's kind of funny. Anyone interested in this subject can read these 9 pages and figure it all out without you, although it is quite entertaining watching you insult everyone, and get so flustered as if we are all imbeciles and need you to show us the way.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

eccentriclady,, let me say welcome,,

Some educational information from reading this thread,,
random quotes.

"nothing but some moron
so many mindless fools
messiah of misinterpretation.
troll or pad post count
you have ignored every fact posted
likes to post BS hysteria
con people into donating
I have little patience for people who refuse to take in what is presented to them because it doesn't suit their hopes & dreams of something
in future to read up on what you're talking about
it's apparent you do not want to listen.
you're willing to believe stuff based on what someone says, which is wrong"

and my favorite

"What more do you people need for it to sink in ?"

Ya its ATS but its moderated so that authors,,, remain on topic though,,

good luck

edit on 26-7-2011 by BobAthome because: sp

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by misszrnia

I guess your right,, and there getting stronger it seems.

It's nothing new. We live on a web of faults. Earthquakes are to be expected in California.

Also, I live not too far from the "volcanic event" and there's nothing in sky except smog and dust. I'll let you know if something occurs otherwise.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Weeks ago he was presuming a -0.3 (which is clearly a typing mistake) could possibly be a blackhole inside the earth.

Whilst I concur that Dutchsince is a waste of space I do have to take issue with your statement above.

A magnitude -0.3 is / was NOT a typing error. That earthquake was a -0.3 and yes you can have negative magnitudes since the Richter scale does not start at zero amplitude.

The whole furore about that was caused by the software at golbalincidentsomethingorother (not a site I frequent) not understanding a negative magnitude and turning it into a 10.3.

Just wanted to put the record straight.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Now claiming six different vents in last 12 hours.... the plot thickens!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
My god, I could swear that some of you WANT a volcanic eruption.

That's what's wrong with this site.

People who WANT doom and gloom so bad that they'll make thread after thread, post after post.

What a pathetic lot!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

That guy (Dutchsinse) likes to hear himself talk. I tried to give him the benefit of doubt....but he just THRIVES on gloom and doom.I don't have anything against him personally, just the way he presents things as fact, when it is NOT.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just thought I would add this in to your discussion. Dutchsinse had people go out and take photos CA...

www.youtube.com...

The comments under his video read:

They drove up on July 29, 2011, video uploaded yesterday the 30th...

These intrepid youtube viewers went directly to the volcanic lava field area in eastern California / Mojave desert, and captured what clearly appears to be a steam plume rising from the ground in the Pisgah lavic fields.. (cone seen directly in the left of the shot while plume is erupting)

See the cloud at 4 min 45 seconds in their video.

heres their channel : www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Thanks summer5, that was interesting. At least someone went out to check. I have no idea what they saw. WIsh they could have got closer.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by SunnyDee

lava flow harmonics.

edit on 31-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

ETNA

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
wtf? they film themselves driving to this crater (phone calls and radio playing too), then when they get close, they take still shots?!?!?

to me that "plume" looks like blasting.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Surprise Underwater Volcanic Eruption Discovered
LiveScience.comLiveScience.com – Tue, Aug 9, 2011

news.yahoo.com...

not surprising,,,,,,,,,,,,

after all just happens to be ,,,,,,,, right,,

not expecting any appologies,,but there should be,,,"Surprise " ,,, no not really.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join