It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Heyyy,
I just noticed this... That someone said, "Ttys". Well, I just looked that one up and it means ''telecommunications for the deaf"...so he is impling you are deaf, so sorry to break the news to you ----

TTYs, are one means of communication over telephone lines for deaf and hard of hearing people. ... Oh my! And actually I thought he was saying ''take that you **it."

Just kidding! I realize it means "talk to you soon". However, I was wishing to make a point in that it is all a matter of interpreting the meaning of God's Word in the correct context!

Hey, I couldn't resist!

KJV rocks with the Rock!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think I can best explain things with the Parable of the Sower.

Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow: And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the birds of the air came and devoured it up. And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away. And some fell among thorns, the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. And other fell on good ground, did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, some an hundred. He said unto them, He that has ears to hear, let him hear.

The explanation given by Jesus:
And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them. And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

The sower soweth the word. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts. And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended. And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, and the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

— Mark 4:10-20

So JESUS himself said that "the SEED" is "THE WORD!"

WHAT word you ask? The only word that was available at the time, the OLD TESTAMENT.

He even went on to say that if you understand "THIS" parable, (that the SEED is the WORD, which was, at the time, at the VERY LEAST, the TORAH) then you will understand ALL parables.

What were the 2 NEW commandments that he gave us?

"Love God with all your heart, and all your mind, and all your soul."
"Love your neighbor as yourself."

How can one profess to love God without even TRYING to follow his commandments, even going so far as to say that those commandments aren't valid anymore?
edit on 17-9-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

So JESUS himself said that "the SEED" is "THE WORD!"

WHAT word you ask? The only word that was available at the time, the OLD TESTAMENT.

He even went on to say that if you understand "THIS" parable, (that the SEED is the WORD, which was, at the time, at the VERY LEAST, the TORAH) then you will understand ALL parables
I find this comment odd in the extreme.
Ever heard of the Gospel?
You and your ilk are the people Jesus was talking about who never got past the Old Testament.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No. What Jesus had a problem with were all of the modifications of his laws and commands by the Pharisees.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Great stuff man...

So what is the seed that you need to sow? Is it hatred? Judgement? Worshiping false idols?

Perhaps the OT where God is a murderous ravenous maniac?

Or is the seed "love"....

These people freely and openly judge all others that don't agree with them, further more they are happy to condem them as well.... read Matthew 10... it will show you what i mean...

Love is the seed that one must sow... why is it love you may ask? Simply put, love can solve all problems, if you approach a bad situation with love, the situation solves itself...

Those who do not understand love will always struggle to understand the parables of Jesus. Each of them is an example of the love one should show, or even the lack of love shown by the characters in the parables...

These people in this thread sow their hatred of others that disagree with them, they attempt character assasinations and everything they can simply because they have no place to turn once love is introduced into the arguement.

I will show you more if you chose to see, but if you chose to be blind to the love Jesus taught as the others are in this thread, theres nothing that i can show you that you will understand.

The choice is yours, and unlike others in this thread... I give you the option to believe his words, or deny them

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
These are more words from JESUS that are relevant to the topic.

John 5

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
40yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
41 I do not receive glory from people.
42 But I know that you do not have the love of God within you.
43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.
44 How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope.
46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Great stuff man...

So what is the seed that you need to sow? Is it hatred? Judgement? Worshiping false idols?

Perhaps the OT where God is a murderous ravenous maniac?

Or is the seed "love"....

We don't do the sowing. We're (people) simply one of the 4 types of soil, either on the path (hard ground that is constantly walked on so as to be trodden out immediately), stony ground, thorny ground, or good soil. The WORD OF GOD is the seed that is sowed.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Meaning the entire bible word for word right?

So you should hate homosexuals, kill your parents if needed... Kill your children if they misbehave... condem others that don't believe what you do....etc etc

sound about right?

You do the sowing my friend, by every word and every action you take.... you reap what you sow

edit on 17-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'll admit that I don't have a reply for that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
I'll admit that I don't have a reply for that.

That is quite alright... that shows that you can see.

I love it when a light goes off in ones head just like that... "hey wait a minute, he might be right"

Good stuff man

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.biblecodeintro.com...

Yet the good book says...

6 for whom Jehovah loves he disciplines; in fact, he scourges every one whom he receives as a son (Hebrews 12).

Scourges are really painful. But at the end of the day God does not want to scourge anyone, he wants to love them all, like any father would. And he wants them to love him and each other. But scourging is a necessary part of the learning process which brings free willed intelligent beings into that love. It is as we said in I25a. In the old testament God was forced into playing a role that he would have preferred not to play, and in the new testament he is not playing any role at all. Rather he is portraying, through Jesus Christ, everything that he truly and genuinely is. And if you love him you will see that, and if you don't, you won't.

But is not the definition of love that the lover should do something he would prefer not to do for the sake of the one that he loves?

This is the only possible answer I can see at the time, but..
edit on 17-9-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yet the good book says...

6 for whom Jehovah loves he disciplines; in fact, he scourges every one whom he receives as a son (Hebrews 12).

Scourges are really painful. But at the end of the day God does not want to scourge anyone, he wants to love them all, like any father would. And he wants them to love him and each other. But scourging is a necessary part of the learning process which brings free willed intelligent beings into that love. It is as we said in I25a. In the old testament God was forced into playing a role that he would have preferred not to play, and in the new testament he is not playing any role at all. Rather he is portraying, through Jesus Christ, everything that he truly and genuinely is. And if you love him you will see that, and if you don't, you won't.

But is not the definition of love that the lover should do something he would prefer not to do for the sake of the one that he loves?

The error here is that you're quoting paul... Jesus did not teach such things... God loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son to the world. Which condemed him to death because they could not see the love he preached and denied it as these people do...

The OT god did not understand that love, and he showed that fact by killing people or commanding people to be killed all throughout that part of the book... Which again leads me to believe that he was a fake. Gods son set an example for all to see... And if he is a part of God, and God does not change as it states in the bible... That god was a fake god because as Jesus says, God is love.... not hate

With love you can see the truth of all things... If you loved all men/woman, meaning loved them as you love yourself... you could not commit any acts towards another person that did not examplify that love and respect.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

. . .by killing people or commanding people to be killed all throughout that part of the book.
Jesus said the the false prophets were treated very well in the pre-exile Israel, while the true prophets they murdered.
So dispite the fact that they followed a false god, Jesus points out that there did remain some true prophecy, the prophecy he took to heart, while ignoring the rest of the Jew's religion.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Unfortunatly my friend i can't comment on things i don't know about. I do not look for prophecy, i live in the now... and not in the past or future.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No. What Jesus had a problem with were all of the modifications of his laws and commands by the Pharisees.
That is a sort of straw man created by people who want to think the old Covenant is still in effect.
Jesus was against some of their practices that had bad motives but did not go into specifics of where they changed the laws to where he had an objection. Jesus was against the written Law as presented in the name of Moses.
This is why we have this thing called the New Testament which means the New Covenant. Jesus replaced the old written Law with the new spiritual Law.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I believe Jesus was speaking to the jews in this passage. Moses is their prophet. Notice it does not say Every word that moses wrote is true... He says if you believe what he wrote, well he wrote about my comming.... so why don't you believe i am who i say i am...

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope.
46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Meaning the entire bible word for word right?

So you should hate homosexuals, kill your parents if needed... Kill your children if they misbehave... condem others that don't believe what you do....etc etc

sound about right?

You do the sowing my friend, by every word and every action you take.... you reap what you sow

ohh, I have a reply for that, and any other argument you can throw up as well
You can't trip me up with the Bible...please, you have tried many times and always fail as my 700 post thread can attest

Yes I follow EVERY word in the Holy Bible....when it is commanded and DIRECTED TO ME. You probably can't comprehend this but.....the "Kill your children if they misbehave", kill witches etc commandments were giving to who?????

I'm going to give you some home work now....look up these verses and tell me...who did God tell to do these commandments?

Remember now, over 80% of the Bible is basically a history book....so should gentile Christians observe these laws about killing your children if they are disobedient, or killing those who break the sabbath?

Think about it now. Don't hurt yourself! After you come up with the obvious answer (maybe) I will show you something else that will REALLY blow your mind, right out of Jesus's mouth of love....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Great post about the parable. Maybe the word can get through some of these thick heads around here where rhetoric and sarcasm cannot seem to get through. (even though God and Paul used large amounts of sarcasm and even humor )

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

*sigh*

i've been though this arguement many times....

As i've told you, there is nothing you can teach me...

As for your thread which you say and i quote...

You can't trip me up with the Bible...please, you have tried many times and always fail as my 700 post thread can attest

I gave up on that thread 20 some odd pages ago, as have many others that asked you questions. Mostly you respond with horible answers, many times you are laughed at... as anyone who reads it will surely see if they can get past your ignorant ramblings. Perhaps you've read the bible many times... perhaps you know the bible backwards. The fact remains, You missed the message within its pages. And that is very evident by the posts here and within your thread.

so show whatever you like, but again you can not teach me anything because as i've already stated, you're still struggling with the basics.

Good luck

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Since you refuse to do your homework (F-) I will tell you. God gave those commandments and laws concerning killing witches, disobedient children etc....to HIS PEOPLE THE JEWS!!!!

My God man, do you see a Christian anywhere within 10,000 miles of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, etc? DO you? ANYWHERE? Of course you don't! You have to rightly DIVIDE the word of truth as the Bible clearly tells you to.

2 TIMOTHY 2:15
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY dividing the word of truth."

I mean God even spelled it out for you!!!! He gave you an OLD TESTAMENT and a NEW TESTAMENT......my o my.....

By the way, remember you talking about Jesus teaching love? What did he say to the rich young ruler when he asked how to obtain eternal life?

Matthew 19:20, Mark 10:20, Luke 18:21...why Jesus told him to KEEP the laws and COMMANDMENTS?!?!?! Now, do you remember what those laws and commandments were? Well you posted them about 4 hours ago...they were.....
kill witches.....
kill your disobedient children....
observe the sabbath.... and about 650 more!

You have much to learn if you are going to "try" and use the Holy Bible to suit your own religious opinions. You see God's word is a two edged sword....it cuts both ways for those not yet experienced with using it.

HEBREWS 4:12
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged SWORD, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join