It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Since you refuse to do your homework (F-)

You are not my teacher.... as i've said you can not teach me anything.... and i hope to God that anyone that you do teach can see through your ignorance...

My God man, do you see a Christian anywhere within 10,000 miles of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, etc? DO you? ANYWHERE? Of course you don't! You have to rightly DIVIDE the word of truth as the Bible clearly tells you to.

Perhaps you might review this thread....and hundreds of others on our forums

By the way, remember you talking about Jesus teaching love? What did he say to the rich young ruler when he asked how to obtain eternal life?

Sell all that you have, give the money to the poor and come follow me... Mark 10: 17-25

Whats your point?

Matthew 19:20, Mark 10:20, Luke 18:21...why Jesus told him to KEEP the laws and COMMANDMENTS?!?!?!

Matthew 19:20
20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

Mark 10:20
20And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

Luke 18:21
21And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

See what i mean about horrible answers, and cherry picking? Read the entire chapter and you "might" see what he is saying... but yet again clearly you do not understand as i will show you in a moment...

and i quote....

Now, do you remember what those laws and commandments were? Well you posted them about 4 hours ago...they were.....
kill witches.....
kill your disobedient children....
observe the sabbath.... and about 650 more!

see what i mean, you're clueless....

You have much to learn if you are going to "try" and use the Holy Bible to suit your own religious opinions. You see God's word is a two edged sword....it cuts both ways for those not yet experienced with using it.

Surely you jest....

Just keep believing what you believe... As i've said, anyone who wants to know what you're about... and how little you actually understand..... please visit this guys thread....its in his sig. Ask him questions, and watch the answers you will get... His answers are nothing but ignorance, fear mongering... and even lies as anyone who reads this post can see...

Are you quite done?

Perhaps its time to go back to your nice cosy place, under your bridge....i mean thread

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

sigh
Go read in Exodus where Jesus was paraphrasing the 10 commandments. It starts in chapter 20 and pretty much doesn't stop till the end of the Torah. Did you honestly think Jesus was going to sit there and quote all 660+ commandments to him? He quotes the beginning of the law and the rest is implied. Why else would there be all the other commandments it they were not to be followed? Your logic is flawed.

Matthew 19:16-19
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

Need I say more? ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Do you have any idea about just what the law and commandments are? I'm thinking you do not.....pity.
edit on 17-9-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
my goodness you are soo lost...

Jesus did not speak in Exodus.... he is not, was not... nor will he ever be God. He didn't claim it, and he denied it when others claimed he was God...

( heres your opening to post that quote from Thomas, you know where he says you are my God? )

Even in that quote you posted he states...

Why callest me good, there is none good but one, that is, God:

Meaning im not God... plain and simple.

Though i've noticed you fail to grasp even the simplest concepts, so obviously you will deny his words just like the rest of you so called "missionary christians" or whatever label you chose to give yourselves.

And just to hammer what im saying home ( as if it will help you anyways
)

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Do you have any idea about just what the law and commandments are? I'm thinking you do not.....pity.

I don't want your pity, nor did i ask for it....or your misguided teachings for that matter... Believe whatever you like, but i see through your ignorance, and i pray others do too.....

Not like its that hard to see though... Its pretty obvious

And actually as i glace over your thread i see that many people can see though your rediculous garbage... Im glad not everyone is blind like you...

edit on 17-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Why else would there be all the other commandments it they were not to be followed?
What is this thing on your mini-profile for mood, redeemed? Redeemed from what?
We are redeemed from the bondage of that Old Covenant Law and are free to be participants in the New Covenant.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by KJV1611

Why else would there be all the other commandments it they were not to be followed?
What is this thing on your mini-profile for mood, redeemed? Redeemed from what?
We are redeemed from the bondage of that Old Covenant Law and are free to be participants in the New Covenant.

Honestly man i rarely say things like this... but nothing you say will get through to this guy. I've delt with him before... nothing but pride, arrogance, hate and fear mongering. And he doesn't even do it according to the bible, he just makes his own rules and regulations and tries to force everyone to follow them.

As i've said a few times in this thread.... just read HIS thread... its long but you'll get the idea within the first few pages

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have not noticed him be rude or arrogant... Just about everything he says, he backs up with scripture. The thing is, WE will never be able to get through to YOU. Something along the lines of (paraphrase) 'None come, except those who are called'.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
I have not noticed him be rude or arrogant... Just about everything he says, he backs up with scripture. The thing is, WE will never be able to get through to YOU. Something along the lines of (paraphrase) 'None come, except those who are called'.

You have nothing to "get though" to me honestly... As i continuously demonstrate... i know the bible.

Perhaps you should check his thread out like i suggested...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I've read his thread, and have even participated therein a few times. I don't find the fact that he recites scriptures that "people don't like" makes him arrogant, or rude...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I've read his thread, and have even participated therein a few times. I don't find the fact that he recites scriptures that "people don't like" makes him arrogant, or rude...

Its not the reciting scripture that makes him rude or arrogant.... its the rudeness and arrogance that makes him rude and arrogant.

Perhaps you might look again.... clearly you haven't read the entire thread. I know its long but seriously... don't comment on what you don't know...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

I don't know where you get off saying anything about "getting through" while you don't understand the first principle of Christianity and apparently belong to a group who sit around talking about how the Old Covenant is still just as it always was.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You seem to think that since we're in a New Covenant, we have free reign to commit immoral acts. This is NOT the case.
edit on 17-9-2011 by graphuto because: (typo)

edit on 17-9-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

You seem to think that since we're in a New Covenant, we have free reign to commit moral acts. This is NOT the case.

Moral acts?

You might want to correct that...

And i don't think that is what hes saying

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You seem to think that since we're in a New Covenant, we have free reign to commit immoral acts. This is NOT the case.
I think this post gives good evidence to my assertion that you and your compatriots have no understanding of the New Covenant.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

My my you two! You guys really can't read english can you? I never said Chrisitians are to keep the commandments! Jesus was talking to the rich young ruler in the passage we were dealing with, not talking to a Chrisitan.

Read the post again fully graphuto. I am afriad the last 8 or so posts with you two feeding off each other have been a giant misunderstanding fueled by the desperate disire to find fault with me.

You even knew graphuto was not aware of the context of the conversation madcat, yet you continued to speak with him as if you were agreeing with him. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess
How embarrassingly sad.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

My my you two! You guys really can't read english can you? I never said Chrisitians are to keep the commandments! Jesus was talking to the rich young ruler in the passage we were dealing with, not talking to a Chrisitan.

Read the post again fully graphuto. I am afriad the last 8 or so posts with you two feeding off each other have been a giant misunderstanding fueled by the desperate disire to find fault with me.

You even knew graphuto was not aware of the context of the conversation madcat, yet you continued to speak with him as if you were agreeing with him. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess
How embarrassingly sad.

You are quite the amusing sort arn't you KJV...

Sadly.... YOU are the only one here that misunderstands anything. Im not desperate what so ever....you are not a challenge to me in the least....not even close in comparison to many on these forums. You present no valid arguements, and mearly show your arrogants and lack of understanding in your posts...

It doesn't matter if hes talking to a christian or a jew or who ever, the fact is what he said was truth... follow his ways, that is the path. Something you've yet to show any comprehension of...

Though as i've said before i expect nothing less from you, considering our previous dealings.

He was actually defending you, but instead of showing appreciation you insult both of us...

No worries, please keep posting....... it only shows everyone who reads this thread exactly who you are, and what you're about. Eventually no one will listen to you because of these posts...

so be it right?

But you said one thing that was accurate....finally.

You are truely embarassingly sad, or at least your bible knowledge is considering how hard you push it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Now I'm just confused...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

Now I'm just confused...

LMAO!!!

you're expecting answers from him?

Have you not been paying attention?

If i've learned anything from this guy, it is this....next, now that he has no more answers....he will go to bed. Just like he does constantly in his own thread. Possibly to confer with his associates, idk

You're predictable KJV, you should give up while you're behind....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by bogomil

Alright, I'm ready. And I will be explainig the infalliblity of the Bible through the many verses of the Bible. Why can you have you own way of proving things, but I can't have my own way?

And why must I abide by your rules and terms when you disregard mine? All I ask is that you do not behave like a hypocrite and we both have respect for each others methodology. (Even if science changes each new college semester (textbooks) while the Bible (KJV) has never changed.)

The reason I suggested you should familiarize yourself with the concepts I mentioned in my former post is, that even people without much knowledge of science and logic will eventually be faced with these concepts.

Partly because they definition-wise are handy tools, and partly because they have intrinsic meanings, which even theists will have to relate to.

You have already made a couple of classical faults, so I had hoped to avoid the rather meaningless teaching of kindergarten basic-science/logic. But as you seem to insist on starting from scratch, so be it.

Any debate, if it has to have at least SOME meaning (i.e. not being repeated statements of "Is, isn't, is, isn't") needs some reference-points in a common communication-basis.

So I give you the first problems you try to (but can't) avoid: The burden of proof and circular argumentation, which usually come together.

Even in the theist version of 'logic', you so to speak 'fall back' on some basis, which is supposed to be axiomatic; i.e. something which is self-evident no matter what perspective is used to consider it. This can be simple observations or complex contexts (e.g. a systematic methodology build step by step).

Presently we have two competing overall 'perspectives', .......the bible (including a specific interpretation methodology) and rational procedures.

So let me start with 'burden of proof'. Any claim, which isn't axiomatic, bears a 'burden of proof' produced by the claimant, and NOT a burden of DISproof from opposition. This can be illustrated by the following:

The thread-author, .... and you too (as it appears, that you want to support the thread-claim) claim that the bible is infallible. Basically it's YOUR job to provide such 'proof' for such 'infallibility'.

If YOU don't bear a burden of proof for the bible, neither do I for the flying spaghetti monster (I'm a pastafarian). So if you don't acknowledge, that the burden of proof lies with you, please DISPROVE the flying spaghetti monster. Circular arguments such as the bible 'proving' itself, because it says about itself that it's 'true' can be countered by similar pastafarian doctrines.

Surprisingly many theists can't grasp this simple, initial step, and (as was the case with the thread-author) start by making circular arguments, later semantic escapades and end with disappearance acts. So let's see, if you can stick to such a simplistic approach.

We may possibly arrive to a rational debate once these primitive maneuvers are done with.
edit on 18-9-2011 by bogomil because: removal of 'avoid' written twice

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

hahahaha...

Man i was doing fine killing the troll...

You gotta come in with the rational/logical approach and likely blow any chance of him continuing to post...

Dude you're killin me! LMAO!!

He can barely spit out a logical bible passage without cherry picking... or simply fabricating his own beliefs

the KO punch isn't necessary...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by bogomil

hahahaha...

Man i was doing fine killing the troll...

You gotta come in with the rational/logical approach and likely blow any chance of him continuing to post...

Dude you're killin me! LMAO!!

He can barely spit out a logical bible passage without cherry picking... or simply fabricating his own beliefs

the KO punch isn't necessary...

I am aware of it, and I did consider the implications of my rational input. But as I to a certain extent am responsible for the recent revival of this thread, I felt it to be an obligation to join also.

I don't think, that my presence will interfere much though. Christian theists/paulines are not on 'homeground' with me on this thread, so they tend to stay with your direction rather than mine.
edit on 18-9-2011 by bogomil because: addition

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join