It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Glad I am making you think. Its the first step in your path to the truth. And thank you very much for posting some of my old posts, the more people that see the truth, the better.

God is a racist (according to the modern day definition of it), he does hate people as well as loves people, and He does command us to judge our self first, and then others. Just because you don't know your Bible, doesn't mean you have to get all offended over it.....

PSALM 119:165
"GREAT PEACE have they which love thy law: and nothing shall OFFEND them."

...just saying

edit on 16-9-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Akragon

Glad I am making you think. Its the first step in your path to the truth. And thank you very much for posting some of my old posts, the more people that see the truth, the better.

God is a racist (according to the modern day definition of it), he does hate people as well as loves people, and He does command us to judge our self first, and then others. Just because you don't know your Bible, doesn't mean you have to get all offended over it.....

PSALM 119:165
"GREAT PEACE have they which love thy law: and nothing shall OFFEND them."

...just saying

edit on 16-9-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

Well at least we're starting on the right foot then...

Just for your clarification btw... I know the bible, and have plenty of posts to prove that fact. I just chose not to agree with every word of it because most of it goes against... who a good portion of the bible is about. One man speaks truth within its pages... then theres the rest of it.

We've been though this before, and your answers were horrible. You point in the wrong direction, towards fear of God, hatred, and ignorance. I point towards love, empathy, and compassion which is why the last time we spoke your answers to me were disgraceful. So again as i've done to others in this thread, i will have to make a seperation between YOUR god, and mine. And just so you know, that passage you quoted has nothing to do with what im talking about... Typical KJV1611 as everyone will see

So once again we know where we stand...

Show me the infallibility of the bible, so you can humilitate yourself again

And btw, i don't get offended easily... but when someone attacks me with this garbage for no reason other then to promote his own arrogance and lack of understanding. Ya that pisses me off... act like a child and you will be treated as such... get me?

edit on 16-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by jmdewey60

no...I mean like natural disasters....are we on the same page?

What I was asking is if you subscribe to the same philosophy as the Westboro Baptist Church, that God punishes people for their sins with seemingly "natural" disasters.
edit on 16-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

– causing the lord deactivate from kill mode
If it was the son who was the target, I would say it was Moses having a psychotic episode and tried to kill him, then later blaming it on the fiery angel (who only he could see).

edit on 16-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You might want to explain how the number of bits of velum has to do with the quality of the resultant product.
It may be that was how many variants Erasmus needed to get the results he wanted, all the typos and "corrections" made through scribal errors over the centuries, so he could find backing for all the things he wanted his Bible to teach.

you just keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night man. More power to ya!

But at least my account is backed by credible history....while yours is basically your own opinion (or more likely another man's opinion that you adopted...)
So then you do not have a way of explaining how more bits makes a better Bible.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

hehehe, I'm going to have a little fun with your post just to show you how little Bible you know. Observe but please try and re-frame from weeping...its unbecoming of a man

Well at least we're starting on the right foot then...
Just for your clarification btw... I know the bible, and have plenty of posts to prove that fact. I just chose not to agree with every word of it because most of it goes against... who a good portion of the bible is about. One man speaks truth within its pages... then theres the rest of it.

I am assuming you mean Jesus right? Well, if that is the case, let look at how Jesus "saw" the rest of the Bible, mainly the Old Testament in which you are afriad of the angry "hate" God:

Jesus' own words:

LUKE 24:44
"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the PSALMS, concerning me."

You do know Jesus just said the "rest of it" referring to the parts of the Bible you don't "like" were just as important of scripture as what Jesus said during his ministry right?

The law of Moses: Genesis through Deuteronomy.
The Prophets: All the first person named books in the Old testament, i.e. Joshua, Isaiah, Jonah...etc.
Psalms: Psalms, Song of Solomon, Proverbs, Eccls..

Apparently Jesus thought more of the Bible then you do....

We've been though this before, and your answers were horrible. You point in the wrong direction, towards fear of God, hatred, and ignorance. I point towards love, empathy, and compassion which is why the last time we spoke your answers to me were disgraceful.

GALATIANS 4:16
16 Am I therefore become your enemy, BECAUSE I TELL you the truth?

JOHN 8:45
"And BECAUSE I TELL you the truth, ye believe me not. "

Your god is a one sided emotional sloppy mess of a monster. My God has both sides, and is equally balanced just like the Universe.
He loves and Hates
He is merciful and Vengeful
He can be angry and happy
He can be LAMB and a LION (think ATTRIBUTES...if its not to hard for you....)
He shows compassion and indifference
He kills and makes alive
He can SAVE or destroy. (Read Jonah, S&G, Noah...etc)

DEUTERONOMY 32:39
"See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I KILL, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. "

You don't know the real God. But you will get to meet Him one day
I hope your ready. I can show you how to be ready beyond ANY shadow of a doubt if you want to talk some time.

So again as i've done to others in this thread, i will have to make a seperation between YOUR god, and mine. And just so you know, that passage you quoted has nothing to do with what im talking about... Typical KJV1611 as everyone will see

I could care less about what the world thinks about me....apparently you do care about it though as you mention this in some effect every time you reply to me.

1 JOHN 2:15
"LOVE NOT THE WORLD, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. "

JAMES 4:4
"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a FRIEND OF THE WORLD is the enemy of God. "

(The last two verses were thrown in for dramatic effect

So once again we know where we stand...
Show me the infallibility of the bible, so you can humilitate yourself again
And btw, i don't get offended easily... but when someone attacks me with this garbage for no reason other then to promote his own arrogance and lack of understanding. Ya that pisses me off... act like a child and you will be treated as such... get me?
Gotcha dad! (Hebrews 5:12-14....lol)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Figured this might clear up any confusion on Jesus and the law, and sin.

Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
I just read through this entire thread, took me about 2 hours to read and reread all 32 pages. Admirable job here, edmc2, your patience is astounding...

To Bogomil:

I did notice that he explained Genesis 1 and 2 about 4 times, perhaps I could help him to clear that up?

You can start by pointing out, where the rational approach went astray. Personally I would make a very strong recommendation on the definition of what the whole thread rests on: The word 'infallible'...and what that implies.

I don't mind to have a re-essurerection of such a definition-quibble and the following debate on what 'logic' (objective, rational etc) is.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

By all means! I will happily take you up on this my old friend/enemy! And just as you offered, if you could be so kind as to some how condense your point of view so I can begin our discussion? What was it that got you so attached to this thread and what is your issue with Paul..ism?

Make it short at first then we can get into deeper talks. I just need spun up....since you offered

And specifically for you there are some additionally points:

a/ Get acquainted with the difference between what 'gnostic' and 'agnostic' positions is (this has nothing to do with the religion going under the name gnosticism).

b/ Get acquainted with the self-definitions of 'logic' etc.

c/ Get acquainted with what 'burden of proof' means.

Not to force you (for the duration) to relate to these concepts as 'absolutes', but because you are going to need knowledge of them along the way.

You have already made your first blunder in that direction, and as this thread hopefully won't need turning into basic evening classes in science/logic, we can save some 10 pages at least.

As to my motives for joining this thread, they have already manifested enough throughout all my forum postings (and on this thread) and need not to be considered or analyzed further; especially not as a christian-missionary-last-resort-when-arguments-run-out as already demonstrated in posts addressed to Akragon.

Any efforts in that direction, non-factual/non-topic character-evaluations will be ignored.

Competence/knowledge/methodology factual content manifested in posts is ofcourse another matter.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You give me so much ammunition...its sad really, but fun! I'm only going to reply to a few of your comments as most of them are nothing more than angry rants, which I can understand considering the rebuttal you recived.

Second this verse says that he is spoken of in those books... It does not say that every word in the bible is true, or correct for that matter.

Says you...right?
Prov 30:5 "Every word of God is pure"...
Luke 4:4 "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
yepp..... No Bible knowledge, at all from you.

It says all things must be fulfilled concerning him.... nothing more, so what is your point?

You don't get it do you? You do know that "all things must be fulfilled" dealing with Jesus has not happened yet right? Only about 10% if that has been fulfilled as the scripture (Old Testament) foretold.
There is plenty that has yet to take place dealing with Jesus Christ. Mostly about Him coming back and KILLING MOST OF THE POPULATION on the planet..... deal with it. God is angry, and he will return in fury.

Always remember...when Jesus came the first time, humans killed Him.
When Jesus returns for the second time....Jesus will kill the humans....its only fair though right? LOL, got to be balanced, reap what you sow, etc...

You do know Jesus just said the "rest of it" referring to the parts of the Bible you don't "like" were just as important of scripture as what Jesus said during his ministry right?
Nice assumption... It does not say "the rest of it"... Im constantly amazed that you people claim to understand the bible yet you assume things that are not there... on the regular.

The "rest of it" were quotes from you.....read your own post again...wow dude. Notice the "reffering to the parts of the Bible you don't like" after the quote marks....? Basic reading and comprehension dude....wow.

Whats your point, i don't follow Jesus... He is the example... im not christian either. I don't believe in the book as the word of God as you do
soooo, you posting in all the Bible threads would make you a what.....troll?
I always knew it!!!

Love the cherry picking by the way.... if i remember correctly you are a heavyweight cherry picker.... well done
*clap* .......*clap*..............*clap*
hahaha, your cherry picking has no bounds does it

LOL, you are such a hypocrite!
I take the WHOLE Bible at face value and follow it all. You take ONLY the words of Jesus (which you have already said, can't edit it now!!) The words of Jesus make up about 7% of the Bible! Who is the cherry picker now.....amazing display of hypocrisy! I'm not surprised at all though.

Please, let us continue this!! This is becoming fun
Post some more ammunition for me to fire back at you! Cause you know how much we Christians love our guns! lol

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Alright, I'm ready. And I will be explainig the infalliblity of the Bible through the many verses of the Bible. Why can you have you own way of proving things, but I can't have my own way?

And why must I abide by your rules and terms when you disregard mine? All I ask is that you do not behave like a hypocrite and we both have respect for each others methodology. (Even if science changes each new college semester (textbooks) while the Bible (KJV) has never changed.)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

There is plenty that has yet to take place dealing with Jesus Christ. Mostly about Him coming back and KILLING MOST OF THE POPULATION on the planet..... deal with it. God is angry, and he will return in fury.
You do realize you have turned Jesus into Satan, right?
There is no salvation for you because of your blasphemy.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

You give me so much ammunition...its sad really, but fun! I'm only going to reply to a few of your comments as most of them are nothing more than angry rants, which I can understand considering the rebuttal you recived.

Yes actually, i admit this agruement is quite fun... as you can see Unlike you, i've been here posting on this thread for a long time. And where do you see an angry rant comming from me? The only anger i displayed was when you attacked me without provocation. This is why im up in the air about your age, i figure you're either an old man that doesn't or can't read whats right in front of him, or a silly little teenager who was forced into his belief. Either way, on with the arguement/debate

Says you...right?
Prov 30:5 "Every word of God is pure"...
Luke 4:4 "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Right... The bible is not the word of God, though said word can be found within its pages. Its a book written by men that likely had an agenda.

yepp..... No Bible knowledge, at all from you.

Please don't make me laugh....

You don't get it do you? You do know that "all things must be fulfilled" dealing with Jesus has not happened yet right? Only about 10% if that has been fulfilled as the scripture (Old Testament) foretold.

yup i've heard it all before, many times. Though considering the rest of that prophecy has not been fulfilled and likely will not be.... You have nothing to say about it until it happens, at which point i am free to change my mind if i choose to. Neat eh

Ahh, revelation again... The "inspired" book written by an old man in a cave. Theres no way to prove its authentic, and further more, its said that it was Jesus who spoke to john in revelation, even though it reads nothing like how he spoke or taught, and sounds nothing like him either... You just keep your angry God, i'll stick with mine...See Jesus said God is love, which leads me to believe YOUR god is a fake. Why would God be pissed off at what he created? Because we haven't been followinng a 2k year old book? Please get over yourself.... break me off a piece of that kit kat bar...(meaning give me a break)

That assumption would make God less then perfect, which obviously you do believe.... i do not.

Always remember...when Jesus came the first time, humans killed Him.
When Jesus returns for the second time....Jesus will kill the humans....its only fair though right? LOL, got to be balanced, reap what you sow, etc...

what a load of horse crap... Yet another instance of you not understanding him. And besides i actually prefer the idea that Jesus has already returned. With the introduction of the internet, knowledge has spread across the world meaning for some that the message of "love thy neighbour" has also spread to some. And now instead of being forced to believe something because of that book... we can chose our beliefs without persecution. Yes he has returned, and he resides in every man and woman who sees the path he set. Something you do not understand...obviously And by the way people have always reaped what they sow, its called Karma

The "rest of it" were quotes from you.....read your own post again...wow dude. Notice the "reffering to the parts of the Bible you don't like" after the quote marks....? Basic reading and comprehension dude....wow.

actually that was you that wrote that...perhaps i should have said WRONG before i made that statement... just so you can clearly comprehend that i don't agree with you or anyone like you. Try not to put words in my mouth ok?

soooo, you posting in all the Bible threads would make you a what.....troll? I always knew it!!!

Alright its definition time again... I post here to offer another side of your pathetic "absolute" arguements... You always knew what?? As far as i can see you know nothing...including what a troll is...

troll = One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

You should have that in your sig honestly.... KJV1611: I AM a troll with definition. This defines YOU my friend, and everyone can see it except you... silly blind man.

LOL, you are such a hypocrite! I take the WHOLE Bible at face value and follow it all. You take ONLY the words of Jesus (which you have already said, can't edit it now!!) The words of Jesus make up about 7% of the Bible!

Yes, and i also take it at face value, clearly you don't know what that means either. Its a book written millenia ago. I have no reason to try and edit what i say... and i make no arguements about what in the bible i believe to be true. Unlike you i have no need to change my story when its convienent, yet all anyone has to do is look at your thread and they can see your story has holes in it, you convienently leave out the fact that Jesus taught love, not your fear mongering garbage.

Who is the cherry picker now.....amazing display of hypocrisy! I'm not surprised at all though.

Its pretty clear who the cherry picker is... You take a single verse and post it as if it was perfectly true without reading the rest of the chapter.... that is cherry picking. So call me whatever you like.... again, everyone can see the truth in your words. You're a cherry picking troll on the loose... Lucky thing im a certified troll killer eh

Please, let us continue this!! This is becoming fun Post some more ammunition for me to fire back at you! Cause you know how much we Christians love our guns! lol

Yes i know you love your guns, and your fear mongering. You have plenty of amunition now so lets continue this little debate. Its just a shame you don't know how to load said weapons.

Ttys

edit on 17-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by KJV1611

I agree wholeheartedly with KJV. You can't just take the "nice" parts and leave the rest... Show me some scripture to back up what you said there...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by KJV1611

I agree wholeheartedly with KJV. You can't just take the "nice" parts and leave the rest... Show me some scripture to back up what you said there...
What part do you mean?
I would like you or kj to show Jesus the Killer in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Did Jesus not teach us to love our enemies? And love those that curse you?

Quite the opposite of what KJV is preaching... He conviently denies his saviors words, and the inspired book of revelation is no excuse for that.

So if you believe in the KJB, will you also deny the words of the savior of that book as the others in this thread do?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Careful, incomming revelations quote...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just because Jesus said "LOVE" doesn't mean there won't be punishment.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Just because Jesus said "LOVE" doesn't mean there won't be punishment.

Are you refering to hell, or revelation?

Why do you believe that God is going to punish his creations... we are all Gods children, something most people seem to forget... And revelations being "inspired" by a spirit that doesn't sound or read like who it claims to be is a hint that it might be fantasy... Consider the age of John of patmos when he wrote it...

Do you know what dementia is? Something that was unknown at the time... it leads to delusions of grandure, voices comming from nowhere and a load of other interesting symptoms...

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join