It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Chinese Restaurants the Key to the Next "Red Dawn"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I found another post that quoted a statistic

Originally posted by Cygnis

According to the magazine Chinese Restaurant News, there are nearly 41,000 Chinese restaurants in the United States, three times the number of McDonalds franchise units (and at $17 billion in annual sales, at a par with the gargantuan hamburger chain)

Source

Thats quite a lot of Chinese restaurants, don't you think? The town I live in has 5...

To give you an idea, here is the census data from 2010 showing just how many Asian (not specific to chinese, just asian) people live in California.

Total California Population: 37,253,956. Of that, 4,843,014 are Asian.

Numbers source

Source

Yesterday I was driving through rural Tennessee and noted to my wife that EVERY small town in America has a Chinese restaurant - run by Chinese people.

Think about that for a second. There are 41,000+ potential intelligence Command, Control & Communication (CC&C) nodes throughout the United States.

That's an extensive network that touches all parts of the American populace. With centralized reporting of basic information on a regular basis - the Chinese government would have a better handle on the heartbeat of America than any CIA or KGB operation could ever hope for.

Here is a quick generic list of things that they could track in real-time with a high precision of accuracy:

• Military movements inside the continental US
  • Unit Deployments out of country
  • Political atmosphere and trends
  • Financial markets and employment
  • Agricultural stability and potential
  • Access to natural resources and potential shortages
  • Critical infrastructure nodes

• Electric
    • Telephone
    • TV
    • Internet

• Local and Regional municipal chain of command
  • Critical transportation networks

I mean - when you think about it... it's pretty freaking invasive and pervasive.

There is plenty of precedent for the Chi-coms to send over "students" and other folks who simply embed themselves into a critical industry or sector and then skip town back home to report their findings (or they stay and report until they're arrested).
CIA Applicant Arrest Tops Wave of Chinese Spy Cases

The Chinese have proven they're very patient, very organized, very intelligent...

Ok - Talk Amongst Yourselves.

edit on 18-7-2011 by gncnew because: fixing stuff.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yes, yes. America will be invaded by China through their restaurants.
And Germany will be invaded by italy, there's a reason they opened so many restaurants and pizzerias and car selling stores here. I can see it now

Honestly, that's the craziest thing i heard in a while

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I can't see videos from work, so I hope this is the right episode. I think SouthPark already sounded the alarm on this "invasion."

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by gncnew

Ha! A perfect example of the lack of common sense and the ability to understand basic capitalism. Come on op, you could make this case for stop and shop stores as well......"the amount of convenience stores is a supply lone for the anti-quickstop army poised to invade america.

Other posters have pointed out the massive, ignorant holes in such moronic idea. The inability for someone to easily understand such obvious common sense before running to a conspiracy board to look cool or feel important makes mr weep for the future of humanity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
well... I guess there is some crazier ideas? But this one was already thought of..and made in an episode of southpark over a year ago.. screen cap of this episode:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6f64ba986db.jpg[/atsimg]
Your post is at least thought out well and you present a complete idea. Just seems.. excessive? I cant say I have been in many chinese restaurants as I just don't like the food, but the few that I have ended up in didn't seem to have the staff or equipment to run any sort of operation center. Obviously I cant see into the back room, but just the building itself didn't seem large enough to even house such a thing.

then again I would be pretty damn worried if your fears became real. We would be pretty screwed.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Lol, we white people are just always down to pay 30-40 bucks for 1-2 meals of some high grade fried #, think about the profit, your ideas have absolutely no bearing broo.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry, a picture came to mind of farmers with pitchforks beating off little guys lobbing egg rolls and getting all stabby with chopsticks.

Instead of dumping boiling oil on them from the pagoda they drench them in oolong tea.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

darn..you posted pretty much the same thing as I was figuring out how to upload and post my first ATS photo... great minds think alike?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
can I have a #5 and a #7 please, and don't forget the duck sauce this time !!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ljcsponger87
reply to post by getreadyalready

darn..you posted pretty much the same thing as I was figuring out how to upload and post my first ATS photo... great minds think alike?

Sure enough! Eric Cartman might be a genius!

The Chinese are taking over the US, and their weapons of choice are MSG and Trans-Fat. Very, very sneaky, I give them props!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wow - I'm actually surprised at how many "conspiracy theorists" on here are lobbing mud at a thread that just pointed to the fact that there could potentially be something behind the curtain.

Note - I didn't say anywhere that the Chinese restaurants were going to freaking attack people.

I said they were a great way to create a CC&C network throughout the U.S.

Intelligence is the most devastating weapon in any military arsenal.

I'd get the response if this was on Free Republic or something... but on ATS where we believe there are damn mutating lizard people on the news...

meh, haters gonna hate I guess.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stoptheinsanity2012
Lol, we white people are just always down to pay 30-40 bucks for 1-2 meals of some high grade fried #, think about the profit, your ideas have absolutely no bearing broo.

Why is that? Because people the eat the crap - suddenly it must NOT be anything shady... because if it was a spy network, no one would ever eat there?

WTF are you even saying?
edit on 18-7-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by gncnew

What? I thought we were agreeing with you.

I think it was the 80's when CS were theorizing that Japan had a master plan to take over the US covertly. They were buying up a lot of corporations and real estate, and they were the primary holder of all US debt. There was a lot of serious talk about it.

Now, it is China.

You are right, intelligence is the number 1 weapon in any war. It is obvious that the terrorists do an extremely poor job at gathering intelligence, because they have never attacked us in our vulnerable places, and they don't understand our lifestyle enough to be able to alter it.

On the other hand, the Chinese are intimately connected into our way of life, and they are actually influencing it.

Then again. It is extremely hard to do any damage to an amorphous object. Our society is set up to allow all this melding and adapt. It is kind of like trying to beat up jello! I don't think the Chinese are doing as much harm with their integration in the US, as the US is doing with the Western lifestyle invading China. I think we are winning the population corruption war.

link   
This thread is a prime example of why ATS sucks now. For every one person who wants to post a conspiracy thread there are 20 ATS armchair debunkers in their basement waiting to pounce on and kill/derail any thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join