It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Chinese Restaurants the Key to the Next "Red Dawn"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
It just looks like you don't like Chinese people and your paranoid. The Chinese that come here generally want a piece of the "American Dream". The people that come here are poor and want a better life. Sure, you could have some spies here, but the majority of these people coming here to work in restaurants just want a better life.

edit on 18-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

Let's really look at this though. I was driving through Rogersville Alabama.

The town is 3 square miles in size. It's got a total population of just over 2,000. A much larger town (Florence AL) is about 20 minutes away.

Yet this is where they're setting up their American dream? They see - at most - 5 people a day.

Do the damn math.

How would a Chinese immigrant even FIND Rogersville AL? Do they come to this country - fly into New York, drive down to Alabama and then just driving around looking for towns with no Chinese restaurants?

Come on... you're just being overly sensitive and PC here.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Dude, they are poor uneducated people who are treated better in America than in they're home country. Replace the word "Chinese" with "Mexican" and you start to see how absurd this way of thinking is.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Answer to your headline: YES! YES! YES!
But first before the blood flows in rivers, they are poisoning us with getting us addicted to MSG!
The only correct solution is to burn down your local Chinese restaruant pronto. Show no mercy! Light your torches! Act now before it is too late. What will happen next in most probability is that the Mexican restaurants will copycat the Chinese.

For goodness' sake, pray that doesn't happen because there are Mexican restaurants on about every corner in American now! It must be a grand conspiracy! All is apparently lost! If ONLY there were more...any?...English shops offering kidney pies then we could have some comfort that all is not lost and we would have some chance of survival because of true friends across the seas, but no, it is too late, even for French pastry shops to come to our rescue. All is indeed lost.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The OP has a very good argument towards the positive. Chinese restaurants could very well be the next
front line if China chose to take down Amerika.

As not to offend...YES...in the beginning, many came here for the same reasons as any other immigrant.
We do become addicted to the food from the use of MSG...but not all restaurants use it...and I do happen to like Chinese. I have no problem with anyone being here from another country...as long as it is done according to the laws of the USA. If they are here
illegally...then they deserve to go home.

Doesn't matter where someone goes in America...every podunk town has Chinese immigrants and most of them are involved in restaurants...then there are others we will find in the medical fields, business, etc. I realize that this makes a lot of people look around and go "nah...they are here for the American dream." Think again, people...the Chinese are a very resourceful people whose roots run VERY deep in their home country. They would not leave home unless they had been promised better in this country...and seriously...I've met and spoken with many immigrants that have told me they would go back where they came from if they knew they would not be killed for their religious beliefs or government views. One was a nuclear scientist driving a cab to make a living in this country...step down for a "better life" ya think?

Admit it, folks...we just won't know until it might be too late. I have no problem with other races...but it takes a lot for me to really trust most oriental's as I have been lied to too many times by those I have befriended...and they can do it with a smile on their face.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If they strike us here, we should begin operation "Mcdonalds" immediately. Our fast food chain is superior in every way and covers almost the entire globe. Each Mcdonalds contains one cybernetic "sleeper" Ronald Mcdonald statue. Upon activation these deadly machines will not stop until every last Chinaman is dead. We can only hope Shaolin temple doesn't get wind of this....

@Holly N.R.A.
You are right, my Asian blood seeks revenge for what you did to my brothers while they were building your railroads....since I am mixed, I only half want you dead, my other halfwants to consume fast food and live the American dream.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My first thought upon seeing this is that your source has been watching waaaay too much South Park. This was the plot of one of the newer South Park episodes, and the origin of the theory was none other than Cartman.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sad that most do not understand how dumb this is. Chinese restaurants get there food the same way all others do. As if a military campaign could be mounted around this. C'MON!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What about all the habib stores as well? I always found it odd that, while foreigners understand what real wealth is all about, us 3+ generation Americans continue to plod away at 9-5 jobs for the most part.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Chinese Enigma Machine?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0d2adc5e61a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
This thread is a prime example of why ATS sucks now. For every one person who wants to post a conspiracy thread there are 20 ATS armchair debunkers in their basement waiting to pounce on and kill/derail any thread.

you say that as if debunking were a bad thing, or as if debunking was the same as derailing.

Denying ignorance requires debunking - bunk IS ignorance!

However changing the subject to discussing debunking is certainly derailing a thread devoted to teh implicit threat of chop suey to eth free world, for which I apologise.

Adn to bring my post on topic - according to the Natinoal Restaurant assoc there are over 960,000 eateries in hte USA - www.restaurant.org... - if 41,000 are chinese ones what are the other 96% up to??

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandSchemeOfThings
Sad that most do not understand how dumb this is. Chinese restaurants get there food the same way all others do. As if a military campaign could be mounted around this. C'MON!

Sad that some don't actually read a post before they comment. This post had nothing to do with the food or logistical support for an invasion.

But stay "enlightened" my friend.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

The next Red Dawn? You realize Red Dawn is a movie right? As in it never happened?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If they strike us here, we should begin operation "Mcdonalds" immediately. Our fast food chain is superior in every way and covers almost the entire globe. Each Mcdonalds contains one cybernetic "sleeper" Ronald Mcdonald statue. Upon activation these deadly machines will not stop until every last Chinaman is dead. We can only hope Shaolin temple doesn't get wind of this....

@Holly N.R.A.
You are right, my Asian blood seeks revenge for what you did to my brothers while they were building your railroads....since I am mixed, I only half want you dead, my other halfwants to consume fast food and live the American dream.

I don't think this is an Asian conspiracy. I think there is a possibility that the Chinese govt has employed a ling term, focused plan to keep very close tabs on the American machine.

But I'm sure they're all just in it to make $200 a day in rural America...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by gncnew

The next Red Dawn? You realize Red Dawn is a movie right? As in it never happened?

You realize that they are remaking the movie with the Chi-coma right?

And you realize there is a character limit on titles right?

So you realize that the title of the movie quickly conveys a much larger and complicated point right?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

However changing the subject to discussing debunking is certainly derailing a thread devoted to teh implicit threat of chop suey to eth free world, for which I apologise.

Adn to bring my post on topic - according to the Natinoal Restaurant assoc there are over 960,000 eateries in hte USA - www.restaurant.org... - if 41,000 are chinese ones what are the other 96% up to??

Not really apples to apples. The Mexican population is incomparably larger here. They also share a common border which they illegally cross on a daily basis.

The Chinese immigrants are investing quite bit to come a town with only 2k people in it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Yeah but you said "The next Red Dawn" as if it's something that's already happened. Saying "Are Chinese Restaurants the Key to a Red Dawn like scenario?" would have made more sense.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Dude, they are poor uneducated people who are treated better in America than in they're home country. Replace the word "Chinese" with "Mexican" and you start to see how absurd this way of thinking is.

Not even a close comparison. You cross a border for work. You don't jump a Pan-Am flight.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've lived in some really small towns in the past few years. None of them had a Chinese restaurant. I'm now living about an hour+ away, and there's all of two. One of which didn't seem to have any Chinese people working there. I haven't had decent Chinese food in years

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
you'd have to be crazy to think there aren't chinese intelligence agents operating in the u.s. but i think they have better things to do than serve duck rolls in moose creek, arkansas.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiggersTheMan
I've lived in some really small towns in the past few years. None of them had a Chinese restaurant. I'm now living about an hour+ away, and there's all of two. One of which didn't seem to have any Chinese people working there. I haven't had decent Chinese food in years

Where abouts?

Just curious - because I've lived in MN, NC, OH, TX, AZ, CA, AL, and MS.... And I've yet to liven in a town without at least one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join