It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Chinese Restaurants the Key to the Next "Red Dawn"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You and one other posters were not the guys I was referring too... check the first like 5 posts.

But - as to the discussion.

What's funny about modern pop-culture, especially humorous stuff - is they are often times trying to subtly communicate ideas and force cultural questions.

Every YouTube video maker thinks they're the pioneer of truth out there... what they don't realize is that Hollywood is a war zone in it's own right.

Competing agendas and power brokers are constantly trying to communicate messages to the American public.

edit on 18-7-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Timetoriot

One liners don't fly, especially when they're only to attack the poster.

So - yes, you did.

Those in glass houses?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
existing thread on front page of ATS about same cockamamie idea

ATS Thread about same subject

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

My point made
You shamelessly stole an idea because you cannot think of one yourself. Would you like to carry on this discussion?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

NO - it's not.

That idea is about the Chinese restaurants being used as a logistical train for an actual invasion.

This one is about them being used as a intelligence node for a network of CC&C...

Two different ideas based on the same subject.

Oh wait - THATS never happened before on ATS...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by stoptheinsanity2012
Lol, we white people are just always down to pay 30-40 bucks for 1-2 meals of some high grade fried #, think about the profit, your ideas have absolutely no bearing broo.

Why is that? Because people the crap - suddenly it must NOT be anything shady... because if it was a spy network, no one would ever eat there?

WTF are you even saying?

I think he's saying the restaurants are for profit not spying

Wouldn't it be a weakness to have a spy network with something so glaring in common? If it is a spy network we should probably thank them for making it so easy to keep tabs on.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

Originally posted by stoptheinsanity2012
Lol, we white people are just always down to pay 30-40 bucks for 1-2 meals of some high grade fried #, think about the profit, your ideas have absolutely no bearing broo.

Why is that? Because people the crap - suddenly it must NOT be anything shady... because if it was a spy network, no one would ever eat there?

WTF are you even saying?

I think he's saying the restaurants are for profit not spying

Wouldn't it be a weakness to have a spy network with something so glaring in common? If it is a spy network we should probably thank them for making it so easy to keep tabs on.

No, in fact, how do you stop it? We won't shut down legitimate businesses.

Spying DOES NOT have to be "secret". All the information that I listed is critical intel for anyone to know about a rival.

It's also all very public information.

But the trick is collecting it all in a comprehensive way.

You guys are seriously ignorant of what "Intelligence" is if you're only thinking this cloak and dagger crap.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
This thread is a prime example of why ATS sucks now. For every one person who wants to post a conspiracy thread there are 20 ATS armchair debunkers in their basement waiting to pounce on and kill/derail any thread.

I'm actually surprised at the quick and large negative reaction.

If I'd posted something UFO's using Chinese restaurants as launch pads - probably would have gotten stars and flags.

But an intel gathering network... now that's just crazy!

link   

link   
reply to post by gncnew

Oh my bad...
I think you may be onto some thing
the conspiracy has some thing to do with General Tso's Chicken and the Beef & Broccoli right

its the MSG & the high sodium content .... they're already using chemical warfare

dood most Chinese restaurants have a hard time keeping the Roaches & Health Dept. out, let alone trying to run Intel gathering Op...

what intel are they gathering? what percentage of Americans prefer fried rice to steamed white

edit on 7/18/2011 by spoonbender because: Sofa King

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's also all very public information.

But the trick is collecting it all in a comprehensive way.

you mean like how news papers and the internet and things like that collect public information and share it with who ever might care to read it?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There's a Chinese restaurant in every little town in Canada.
I can't see how they're going to get much in the way of "intel" by listening in on the farmers

Our population is only 10% of the states, yet we probably have just as many Chinese restaurants.

The one in my town is terrible food, worst I've ever had.
On the other hand, 2 hours away, there is one that has the BEST food I've ever eaten. The Chinese Canadian son runs the restaurant, and the parent who don't speak English do the cooking.

I would welcome them as my new overlords, based on their food alone.

I don't think they're spies though, China knows how to hack into government computers, I doubt they need little restaurant owners to let them know how the canola crops are doing.......

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

Oh my bad...
I think you may be onto some thing
the conspiracy has some thing to do with General Tso's Chicken and the Beef & Broccoli right

its the MSG & the high sodium content .... they're already using chemical warfare

Ok.

Again, for the slower kids:

1. The Restaurants are NOT to attack people.
2. They would not be part of an invasion
3. They are not used to hurt or kill Americans

When I was in the military, specifically in the Intelligence field, we used multiple sources to compile information on an interest.

The only source we could use as "concrete" verifiable was HUMINT from boots on the ground.

Now - for some perspective, the CIA has a world fact book. You can view the unclassified version here:
CIA world factbook

What I'm saying is that the Chinese could very easily be compiling the same info on us, with more live / up to date info, then what we have on them.

The incredibly large amount of restaurants - especially in areas where there are not even fast food joints - may suggest that this is a plausible idea.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I live in a town of 26,000 people..

we have 13 Chinese restaurants..

go figure..

but we also have two McDonalds..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry, with the amount of "Starbucks" "Macdonalds" "Burger King" "Subways" out there worldwide, I think you're on more than an evenplaying field.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You seem to be lumping all Asian restaurants into Chinese restaurants...

If China wanted to be clever think about all the railway cars they ship to the US. they could equip these railway cars with pods that house troops these pods would keep each man asleep and fed. They could ship these railway containers to china owned warehouses all over the US. These pods could hold one trooper with there equipment each railway car could probably house 25 of these pods....plus equipment.

just a thought

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
There's a Chinese restaurant in every little town in Canada.
I can't see how they're going to get much in the way of "intel" by listening in on the farmers

Our population is only 10% of the states, yet we probably have just as many Chinese restaurants.

The one in my town is terrible food, worst I've ever had.
On the other hand, 2 hours away, there is one that has the BEST food I've ever eaten. The Chinese Canadian son runs the restaurant, and the parent who don't speak English do the cooking.

I would welcome them as my new overlords, based on their food alone.

I don't think they're spies though, China knows how to hack into government computers, I doubt they need little restaurant owners to let them know how the canola crops are doing.......

Government computers wouldn't tell them what the farmers are farming, why they're doing it, what price they're getting for their crops, if they've had drought or if they're getting subsidies to farm other crops.

All of you seem to think that Intelligence is only pertaining to military and/or state secrets.

I can tell a lot about a country by putting together a great many puzzle pieces of information.

In itself, the farmer gossip is useless - but put that together with the current economic exports of a country and the food imports and suddenly you know exactly what the nation can produce on it's own, what they have an abundance of, what they have a shortage of....

Now, put that in prospective with transportation infrastructure and you know how quickly you could starve a nation or a region.

That's what I'm talking about... you guys are NOT thinking big picture. You're all wrapped up thinking "Sun" at the restaurant is sneaking in your window at night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join