It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Chinese Restaurants the Key to the Next "Red Dawn"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

Originally posted by gncnew

It's also all very public information.

But the trick is collecting it all in a comprehensive way.

you mean like how news papers and the internet and things like that collect public information and share it with who ever might care to read it?

Kind of - but you have to eat only what the news congloms want to feed you.

Why are we on ATS? Because we're good with the info we get from CNN and Fox?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by gncnew

I live in a town of 26,000 people..

we have 13 Chinese restaurants..

go figure..

but we also have two McDonalds..

This even goes more to my point...

Do the math on the economy of that. What kind of money could each really be making.

Market saturation is why you only have 2 Micky D's...

But the Orange chicken is in such a high demand that they need 13 of them?

I love the crap, but I still eat at McDonalds probably 2-3 times as much as the Chinese stuff...

So why more Chinese if it's in less demand?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

kinda similar to your OP no?

have fun

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
You seem to be lumping all Asian restaurants into Chinese restaurants...

If China wanted to be clever think about all the railway cars they ship to the US. they could equip these railway cars with pods that house troops these pods would keep each man asleep and fed. They could ship these railway containers to china owned warehouses all over the US. These pods could hold one trooper with there equipment each railway car could probably house 25 of these pods....plus equipment.

just a thought

Again,

This isn't about supporting the invasion from a military or logistical standpoint.

This is about providing intelligence and communication nodes.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's more likely that we get invaded from corporate psychopaths, due to all the corporate fast food chains and "malls" everywhere.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

have fun

It is similar.

I quoted it in my OP, and linked to it.

I was branching off his post into a different theory.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
It's more likely that we get invaded from corporate psychopaths, due to all the corporate fast food chains and "malls" everywhere.

They are all competing interests... note there are more Chinese restaurants than any ONE of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

have fun

dats what I said

I have to go find more kids my speed
to go play with now
ciao

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

YOU are responsible for your own posts

Please discuss the topic and not other members.
There have been way too many posts that were removed because members discussed each other and not the topic.

Further such remarks can and will result in additional post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Government computers wouldn't tell them what the farmers are farming, why they're doing it, what price they're getting for their crops, if they've had drought or if they're getting subsidies to farm other crops.

All of you seem to think that Intelligence is only pertaining to military and/or state secrets.

I can tell a lot about a country by putting together a great many puzzle pieces of information.

In itself, the farmer gossip is useless - but put that together with the current economic exports of a country and the food imports and suddenly you know exactly what the nation can produce on it's own, what they have an abundance of, what they have a shortage of....

Now, put that in prospective with transportation infrastructure and you know how quickly you could starve a nation or a region.

Well, they cannot starve out us in the prairies, or anyone who has a house, as Canadians are allowed to have our gardens and collect our rainwater. The prairies and anywhere outside of the main cities have tons of hunting, trapping, and fishing, and wild edibles that can be foraged for.

However, I cannot speak for Vancouver or Toronto, they have the highest population of Chinese immigrants.

en.wikipedia.org...

As of 2001, almost 75% of the Chinese population in Canada lived in either Toronto or Vancouver. The Chinese population was 17% in Vancouver and 9% in Toronto. More than 50% of the Chinese immigrants who just arrived in 2000/2001 reported that their reason for settling in a given region was because their family and friends already lived there.

I couldn't find the most recent statistics published, but the numbers have gone up.

I think they like it here in Canada.
They did drive up housing prices in our larger cities, they bought up houses in some very rich areas. They have an abundance of money to spend, and like big fancy houses, cars, and yachts.

www.cic.gc.ca...

China is, and will continue to be, one of the most important source countries for immigrants to Canada, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney said today in Beijing, the second-to-last stop on his trip to Asia.

“Canada has benefited enormously from immigration from China,” said Minister Kenney. China remains the number one source country for immigrants to Canada.

I'm very glad that they get along well with Canada.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Its weird that so many on ATS do not get this concept. I thought of it one day back in 2007, I was in a Chinese restaurant in this little tiny town yet there was like five of these Chinese joints. Almost all of them are buffets. I know when I go to a Chinese buffet I eat like two-four plates and most the people I see at them do close to the same. Its always nice expensive veggies and seafood.

Then I saw this HUGE box of fortune cookies in the back...

I thought WOW all this imported stuff from China to all these thousands of locations it is perfect for building an Intel network. I told the girl I was with "This would be a perfect place to store forward battlefield supplies."

When you outnumber Mc Donald's with mom and pop stores eyebrows should be raised at least a little.

Now if you had said that aliens created our religion and will save us all with there kindness and they are using Chinese Restaurants for that purpose ATS would have agreed for the most part!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

A bit off the main topic, but I read an article less than 2 weeks ago about how the Chinese are buying up land here in the US to use as "Special Economic Zones" I guess the manufacturing centers will also be used to house the Chinese workers. Just all seems very fishy to me, but hey, I guess that is pretty far fetched that they may have an agenda. Especially when considering how much of our debt they currently own. I feel for you, I've been attacked on this subject before too. I usually don't post much, and really didn't have many plans to become a poster, but for some reason this really got my dander up and I'm tired of the squeaky wheel getting all the grease.

I agree, the debunkers on this site really crack me up. Deny Ignorance-HA. If it has anything to do with real reality, sure as the sun will shine tomorrow, someone will come along and try to deflect. I swear it seems like many people aroud here don't really read very carefully. I find often times that those who claim to have the most open minds and be in the know about everything are the most igorant and closed minded.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Possibly, but it all hinges on what the little fortune cookies say..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Or, more to the point, there are more people that have the basic power of common sense, reason and logic that don't swallow ignorant bs as easily as the rest of you do. A testament that maybe people are starting to use their brains a little more (bucking the trend you obviously support) If you want complete conspiracy idiocy combined with total forum anarchy run your whiny little butt over to GLP and post to your heart's content.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I had to chime in, I like the chinises restruants because they are usually the only ones with all you can eat buffets that serve beer. Im not a big guy just 190lbs.
But if yall are worried about this "conspiracy" there is usually a kitchen full of mexicans! or people with hispanic origins because not all latinoes come from Mexico, they just go through it. I go pretty often and ive never gotten sick, un like McDees which i avoid like its the plague.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is a reason people come to this country. Its to escape the tyranny of they're country of origin. Leave the poor Chinese take out guys alone.
Edit: this is fear mongering.
edit on 18-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by jjkenobi

Or, more to the point, there are more people that have the basic power of common sense, reason and logic that don't swallow ignorant bs as easily as the rest of you do. A testament that maybe people are starting to use their brains a little more (bucking the trend you obviously support) If you want complete conspiracy idiocy combined with total forum anarchy run your whiny little butt over to GLP and post to your heart's content.

Exactly what part of this post is "ignorant bs"?

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge of a subject. I think I probably have more knowledge of the subject matter at hand than you...

The entire thread is centered around the idea that the Chinese government could very possibly be using the American economic model to establish a well structured information gathering network.

We know they've been putting fun little thins in our computers and telephones for awhile - why exactly is this a stretch that suddenly defies "the basic power of common sense, reason and logic"

Seriously - you'll believe outlandish crap on here but this is too far?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
reply to post by gncnew

I had to chime in, I like the chinises restruants because they are usually the only ones with all you can eat buffets that serve beer. Im not a big guy just 190lbs.
But if yall are worried about this "conspiracy" there is usually a kitchen full of mexicans! or people with hispanic origins because not all latinoes come from Mexico, they just go through it. I go pretty often and ive never gotten sick, un like McDees which i avoid like its the plague.

I'm not worried that the Chinese restaurants are housing secret armies.

Think about it like this - if someone were to detonate an EMP bomb over ... Virginia. All modern communications would be wiped out. But - if you had some well shielded ham radios stationed no less than 20 miles apart throughout the state (i.e. Chinese restaurants in every town) - you'd be able to communicate very easily and coordinate efforts and information.

GEEEZE PEOPLE - think BIG picture, not your freaking fortune cookie.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It just looks like you don't like Chinese people and your paranoid. The Chinese that come here generally want a piece of the "American Dream". The people that come here are poor and want a better life. Sure, you could have some spies here, but the majority of these people coming here to work in restaurants just want a better life.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
There is a reason people come to this country. Its to escape the tyranny of they're country of origin. Leave the poor Chinese take out guys alone.
Edit: this is fear mongering.

Really? You sure? Read a bit about the Chinese that are arrested in this country because they've been sent to exploit our lenient social mores about immigration.

The Chinese routinely send people to this country to embed themselves into strategic industries and critical nodes to gather information and then bring it back.

I don't think every Chinese restaurant is a Chi-com front operation. But in a town of 26,000 - to have 5 of them... you don't even find it plausible that one of those establishments isn't strait up legit?

They can't be making any livable income doing it. Market saturation and costs of doing business would simply be too high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join