It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier caught boarding flight with explosive

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This stinks to high heaven. With all the crap that is happening with TSA, the Patriot act and what not, this soldier knew about how tight security was. I wouldn't be suprised to learn that this was a stunt to proove the TSA works and keep it emplimented dispite public outcry. There is nothing patriotic about the patriot act.
If someone really wanted to blow up a plane they could....common. No measures of safety are unbreachable. For petes sake they blow themselve up what makes you think a pervert with a uniform and cancer machine will stop them?
edit on 15-7-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
It just states he boarded the flight with the explosive, his intentions weren't to explode it mid-flight.
Nothing terrorist related.
edit on 14-7-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

Yea your right. He just wanted to take his C4 on vacation as you do...\
Gee Golly i never go any where without my C4

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Well, he's 19 so I'm going to say for certain it was stupidity and poor judgment. Testosterone is a hell of a mind altering substance...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have a question for "THE_PROFESSIONAL ". What the HECK is with that meat-puppet in your avatar pic??

Having a meat-puppet friend posing with you for photographs is a bit odd.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Even a blind squirrell finds an acorn once in a while.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
THE_PROFESSIONAL is right! This kid was a whackjob terrorist! He is working for an Al Queda secret society called Americans to Stop Stupidity and Help Others Learn Emancipation. Otherwise known as, well, you can see. And it's all too obvious that the mans girlfriend was working as a fligt attendant and it was she who had the second portion to help detonate that large amount of C4 and bring that plane down in a fireball. It's so easy to see that.

But seriously, sounds like a dumb 19 year old PFC trying to take a suvinere to show off to his friends. I did a stupid thing like that when I was a kid. A belt of 10 5.56mm rounds in my suitcase because I thought it would look cool in a display. Of course in his case it was 1/4 ounce of C4 which is about as harmful as 10 5.56mm rounds.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If he was trying to transfer explosives just for the sake of transferring them then why would you take them on board an airplane knowing perfectly well about the security measures put in place and the high risk involved. Why wouldn't you just transfer it by vehicle where the risk of getting caught is greatly reduced, is it because of the summer heat and the c4 reacting to high temperature ?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by unconscious_war

No, it's because he was a dumb kid trying to move a tiny amount of C4 because he thought it'd be something cool to show off. No dark underlying meaning to any of this.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
After reading the article, it sounds like he was just a soldier who wanted to investigate a little more with the new toy he was introduced to. I doubt he meant to blow anything up with an amount of C4 that small.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Originally posted by yourmaker
It just states he boarded the flight with the explosive, his intentions weren't to explode it mid-flight.
Nothing terrorist related.
edit on 14-7-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

Of course it is terrorist related. He brought a bomb onto the airplane. If he says otherwise, it is a obvious lie. They need to investigate this more and see how he was planning on performing his terrorist actions.

He MUST be guilty because you said so!

Welcome to Amerika...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

It's from a show called Parks & Recreation, that is Ron Swanson, who is awesome. He's eating a turkey leg wrapped in bacon.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have never seen a thread as bad as this one, an obvious troll IMO, where virtually EVERYONE disagrees with the OP's claim that a terrorist was caught.

reply to post by Agarta

We don't have all the facts and information.

No we don't, and that's exactly what everyone is trying to tell you, but in your mind it's only true to the extent that it allows you to make up your own facts.

This terrorist could have easily without the detonator said "I have a bomb" and showed the C4 to the people on the plane and it would have turned into a hostage situation.

No, it would have turned in to a live comedy show. I know I'd be laughing pretty hard if a guy held up a tiny piece of Silly Putty and threatened everyone with it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
And this is why we have the TSA.

Lol at those who moan and groan at being "touched" by security at the airports. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Looks like the terrorists are having a hard time with this. I am not sure exactly how the TSA caught this would be plane bomber. Was it due to chemical detection or physical search.

The substance was C4, not top of the line stuff, but certainly a small amount could be used to take a plane down. This may also be something to show that the TSA is working...yea right. Fact remains that a potential terrorist was just taken off a flight.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

And yet they didn't call him a terrorist. If one of us did the same thing, they would have us on news on every channel saying he must be a terrorist and stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow.. these responses are ridiculous! Im sure if the soldier was an iraqui, people would automatically "know" he was going to blow up the plane. Ugh I am so disguised.

Okay, let's think here.
Mhmm, a man boards a plane with explosives, and you don't think he's going to blow up a plane?
Really?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

Can't blow up a plane with a small amount of explosives in a tobacco can that is in checked luggage unattached to a detonator and timer.

Cannot be done, no way, no how.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by NightGypsy

Christ, I guess next you'll be assuming al Qaeda put him up to it. LMAO

It is funny that you bring that up. What if his CO told him that it was ok to take it home and that was just a setup to justify the TSA actions? Hmmmm....

Alquaeda could be a very possibility if he was training in Afghanistan; people can tend to associate with them if they hang around them too long.

But I do feel bad for him, he is going to miss out on his 20s
edit on 14-7-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Oh good jesus I can't seem to leave this thread alone. That part you mentioned about AQ...honestly? I mean seriously, you mean what you just wrote about associating with them? My jaw is literally polishing the floor. I had many sit downs with Afghan locals. Good men. I also had many sit downs with "AQ" war fighters. Good men in their own right, just extremely misdirected and ignorant, similar to yourself actually. They quite literally use the same lines of logic that you do. You have more in-common with AQ than you could imagine. Your comments are flat out absurd to the point I don't know whether to get angry at your ignorance or feel sympathy for your apparent mental retardation.
edit on 15-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

I know, I was just trying to make a point.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

i had to get this in here, too bad im so late on the thread... enjoy
edit on 15-7-2011 by nvprose1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Good post, poor understanding.

OP, realize that this kid was 19 and in the Army. I BET that this kid was trying to bring this stuff back to show off to his friends. He is not a terrorist, he is just a moron.

We are starting to sound like the US back during WWII. Instead of Nazis, everyone is now seeing terrorist EVERYWHERE! Seriously, get off the whole "terrorist" crap already.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join