It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier caught boarding flight with explosive

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Of course it is terrorist related. He brought a bomb onto the airplane.

i swear you're one of the more paranoid people on these forums. you and boondock saints.

it was some c 4 stuffed into a coffee container. 1/2 an ounce no less. it wasn't a bomb, and there were no detonators.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I.........I don't even know why I am posting in this thread...... I am more of a lurker here at ATS. I have not been a member for a very long time but I have/do read things here everyday and have done so LONG before I became a member. As a member to this great site I feel, unfortunately, the need to post a reply. I find the all the highly emotional posts embarrassing. I do not and have never served in the military.. but I am one of the few people in my family who hasn't. I have to admit, I sometimes must take a step back from all the "conspiracy" beliefs I have to get a bit of fresh air because without tangible evidence it's speculation. We do still live in America do we not? Therefore we are all innocent until proven guilty. He is 19.. I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't the smartest guy at that age either. I think he just goofed... but time will tell. That's all I have to say.. I have no wish to be drawn into the arguments in this thread, but I would like to say this in closing... I thank each and every member of ATS who is a former service member for their service to our country.. as broken as it may be. Our soldiers go to foreign lands and fight wars we may or may not agree with because of the losers WE put into office. To try and shoulder the blame of our leaders' short-comings on the men and women who go and fight said wars for us... well I find that physically nausiating.

Best wishes to all
edit on 16-7-2011 by akira131 because: poor grammer

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It wasnt a bomb. C-4 is an explosive yes, but only with actual means of detonating it. you could burn the stuff in your backyard and it wouldnt blow up without compression or a detonator.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Also I think either OP is stupid or a troll. If you look at his replies, they are all the same.. "he was a terrorist" "he was too stupid to figure it out" "how would you like a bomb on your plane" "hes lying to save himself".

I call BS.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

If he did not intend to use it on the plane, why couldn't he have given it to customs? One possible explanation was that he wanted to transport some fireworks and didn't know the seriousness if he were caught. Given his age, it may be plausible.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Can We please close this Ignorant thread and move on, obviously someone doesn't wanna grow up. I have been stopped from boarding a plane coz they found trace of explosive on my shoes, I work in a industry as such I have to use explosives all the time. So am I a terrorist too Mr Professional. Should I be arrested too, they checked my statement and let me board. Jeez that wasn't hard.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be 'that guy' that wants to take away peoples rights or disarm the population or etc etc - but bringing C4 on a plane should not be allowed. I don't understand why this is such a debate.

Originally posted by ateuprto

READ MY POST NUMBSKULL. IT DOESN'T MATTER. HE COULD NOT DETONATE THE C4. COULD NOT.

jeebus christos.
that's like saying 'he could not shoot the gun because he did not bring the bullets.'

I think C4 should not be on planes whether or not it is an explosive
I do not think he is right, and should get in trouble according to the law, regardless if he is a soldier, some idiot, a terrorist, or just a regular guy.

It seems a lot of this debate is revolved around the fact that he is a soldier / whether or not he is a terrorist / did he accidentally bring this on the plane. I feel the focus should be on the fact that this guy brought C4 on a plane.
edit on 19-7-2011 by xPico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xPico

The reason, I believe, that the conversation in this thread is the way it is, is because we all agree he should not have tried to bring it on the plane, and that he should be charged with bringing it on the plane. What the conversation is, to what extent his actions should be considered. It is not that he is guilty or not, but is he just a stupid teenager who made a dumb decision or is he smarter than we think and actually a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

No, it would have turned in to a live comedy show. I know I'd be laughing pretty hard if a guy held up a tiny piece of Silly Putty and threatened everyone with it.

I am glad to know that your nose comes equipped with a an x-ray machine and a chemical explosive sniffer. If this terrorist showed some C4 on the plane that would have frighted a lot of passengers and he could have easily made demands as no one would know if he had a real bomb or not. You by laughing would have destroyed the plane. Glad you are not in charge of hostage negotiations.

<< 10  11  12   >>

join