It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia girl found eating herself in cage in mobile home; parents Brian and Shannon Gore charged

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

The biggest bunch of pathetic filth of human beings that I know are those that regularly go to church every Sunday.

Guess you haven't met them all then. Lots of really great people go to church every Sunday, they are not all like that. How many do such things that never go to church ? My guess is that a lot of psychotic people out there doing strange things don't attend church.

I have met church goers who are irritating and a bit self righteous, but they don't stoop to this level.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thats so effed up.. people knew about a month old baby but had no clue a 6 year old girl was living there? Soooo messed up.. I live in northern virginia and have relatives in gloucester ..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by factbandit

After delving deeper into this story and reading the grandmother, Karen's statements with regard to the Gore's and their children, I feel this woman is sick and twisted! The Gores are brother and sister, which is, in fact, why they did not marry initially. There are 5 states in the US that allow brothers and sisters to marry. I believe they became aware of this information, and have now married. However, IMO the children were hidden because the parents are brother and sister. I also believe that the Grandmother knew this and is making excuses. Look at the photos of the Gores, their eye shape is identical, and they are set back in the socket the same distance. Their noses can not be distinguished from one another. Their lips are the exact same shape and proportion. There is no denying these two are closely related!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
There are some sick weirdos in this world, I hope they both get life in prison.

I hope they both get stuck in the same cage/cell with no food, and have to resort to eating one another.

Sick f's.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
There are some sick weirdos in this world, I hope they both get life in prison.

Getting life in prison costs the tax payers too much money....a needle, bullet, or rope noose around the neck will do just fine.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What's really confusing to me is how people can abhor what happened to the children, and then in the same breath condemn the parents to equal or worse punishment. How does that make you any better than than the people who committed the crime?

Some may say this isn't the way, but I say lock em up for 5-6 years with 1 meal a day or possibly less, until they start eating themselves.

I hope they get pain, torture and death in prison.

Crimes like this against children, the elderly and the disabled tend to bring out my brutal side. Makes me think that an eye for an eye is not really a bad thing in cases such as this.

Let me walk in on this type of BS...and I guarentee 2 things... 1- the child will be free and safe 2- I would be arrested for dissecting the parents, really, really slowly. They would suffer greatly if I was placed in that hypothetical senerio.

Oh and since they are church people....I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL.

How do you justify these thoughts? Does the fact that these crimes were committed against a child rather than an adult make them worse crimes? Is an adult less of a human being than a child? If you can justify doing these things to other human beings, how are you any different from these parents? Homeless people are being left to rot and starve in the streets all the time but this kind of anger only seems to be brought about when there's an easy target to blame.

I would guess from looking at the pictures of the parents that they are meth users and probably mentally handicapped. I'm not saying that justifies what they did to their children, but it would certainly explain it.

Only slightly less bizarre is the concept of putting these people in prison for the rest of their lives, paying for their food, shelter, and healthcare with your tax dollars. Or subjecting them to the inhumane treatment common in most prisons, further alienating them from what we deem as society. Odds are that they wouldn't serve their full sentences and they would be released back into society more f'd up and deranged than when they went in.

The "normal" people are always so quick to let their disgust and anger be known in cases like this, but the types of comments that arise would lead me to believe that most "normal" people have the capacity to commit the same horrible acts on someone else. Is this human nature?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Stories like this hit close to home.... It sucks... I don't know how people are capable of doing such things. I don't think I want to know how, either... It's just awful.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Things like this disturb me so deeply because it's a direct violation of natural instinct and survival of the species for one of us to treat their young in such a way.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Really? Plenty of species will eat their young soon after birth, and they mange to survive as a species. Humans would ritualistically sacrifice infants up until "modern" times and we're still here.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

And infant sacrifice disturbs me because it's so unnatural. It can also be said that infants were ritually sacrificed as part of belief systems where such things supposedly had to happen for the good of the entire clan. That is, sacrificing them was done to, supposedly, ensure the survival of the species. That isn't applicable here.

As for other species eating their young, my understanding is that many of them are also capable of producing several dozen offspring at a time or that it is the males of non-pair bonding species that do this. And when it is a custodial parent in animal species, eating of the young is done in extreme starvation circumstances or when the offspring is already deceased.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Like other posters, I am glad I do not understand such depravity.

The grandmother's claim that her daughter had only one pregnancy could well be true. The little girl is described as approx. 5 or 6 years old and her brother as being 6. Undernourishment is a key cause for growth retardation in children, so my first thought is that the children are twins.

Not only the little girl but also the boy will likely be psychologically damaged by their parent's behaviour. People have commented about hoping the little girl is placed with sound adoptive parents. Whilst I agree with this, I think that separation from her brother (if it is her brother and she has somehow been 'acquired' elsewhere), could further her trauma and that of the little boy. He could have been suffering tremendously from the impotence felt by children who want to right the wrongs they witness. Then again, he could have been NLP'd to believe that he is morally etc superior to his sister and that she therefore deserved ill treatment. Whatever the truth of the matter, I think the children should be placed together and provided with a safe and loving environment that may eleviate their suffering and give them a chance of a future.

On another note, seriously? Five US states permit marriage between siblings? Are there no restrictions such as sterilisation?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Call me whatever you want, but I am a huge fan of public executions for this type of crime.

The message -

You do this to a kid, you get killed in public.

Simple.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

You make good points and you're probably right. I apologize for maybe speaking without thinking. Thanks for that little bit of humility. But since you did force me to think about it:

If we can put aside thoughts of morality and right and wrong for a second, and think about natural instinct and survival, maybe starving one child half to death, and possibly killing another one and burying it in the yard were in the interests of the survival of the parents. If they knew that they couldn't, for whatever reason (lack of jobs, lack of stability, lack of money, lack of mental mental fortitude, drug addiction) keep all of their children alive, wouldn't it behoove them (survival instinct wise) to lessen their burden on themselves?

Also, right now there are about a billion children starving to death in the world. We spend trillions of dollars on war and making more efficient ways of killing each other and destroying the planet, instead of ensuring the survival of our species. How is that any different?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
wow this like an episode of XFiles!

you know the one where they found a family that had been inbreeding in isolation for generations

these people need to be stopped(and by stopped I mean dead)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

hang them. only way to be sure.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

sometimes an eye for an eye,sounds pretty reasonable in cases like these,this type of abuse actually any kind of abuse is so far removed from my world I forget that there are people out there capable of such heinous acts.

Is there something missing from from people like this?Something that they are not born with?Or possibly something they are not taught or is it our society today?What am I missing?Just like the Casey Anthony case I keep thinking I will identify somehow or identify with something in these people to understand why they abuse or kill theirs or other children and I find there is nothing I can connect to,is it just me or can anyone empathize on any level with abusing,murderous cold and calculating people? To clarify I'm basically trying to connect to the human side or what they are feeling when they decide to commit these acts,or connect on any level.The thing is I have three children and never got so angry or frustrated enough to hit or hurt my children physically or otherwise....do you see what I am saying?......I just don't understand

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
horrible story, truly heart breaking

and if the girl isn't cute, the MSM will ignore it

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think there should be special penalties for people who harm children..I am sick over the 8 year old boy killed in NY this week. And that perp had no criminal record!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is horrific! I hope the parents go to jail for life these people are sick ..This young child will rember this for life and will have alot of mental damage over this ..I hope she goes to a good loveing family at least now the child is safe this just makes me want to cry its just horrible and sad..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join