It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia girl found eating herself in cage in mobile home; parents Brian and Shannon Gore charged

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It breaks my heart to hear stories such as this
Also the shock that they only found this little child due to something unrelated,

It worries me how many other children are out there suffering as we post, honestly we need to be more aware of those living around us to help prevent such things, I know its sometimes hard to tell but there has to be that spark in some cases that lead to the fire.

There are so many people in this world wanting children, Women and men who cannot have them it just angers me that these "people" chose to just cage her rather than give her up to someone that would have treated her right,

I hope this little girl can get over this and end up being a little gem in the world we live in,

And I hurt for all those little children out there who have not been found,

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

Here's more background information. I haven't got embedding pics down yet, but one of the commentors on the news site mentioned how much the two adults look alike, speculating they're related. I think it's just drugs myself. The mother has some of the facial structure of the meth addict.

Source

A nearby homeowner reported his house was broken into and claimed gold bullion, a vacuum cleaner, a passport, $2,000 in cash and other items had been stolen, according to a police report. Investigators trailed the bullion to an auction house, which claimed to have bought the gold from 25-year-old Shannon Gore. Authorities arrived at her mobile home in Gloucester with a search warrant when they made the shocking discovery. The girl's blond-hair was matted and filled with knots. She wore only a diaper and t-shirt and was eating flakes of dried skin on her body. Brian Gore, 29, reportedly told police the girl had been kept in the cage since the summer. "It was horrific. I don't know what else to say," Lt. Scott Little of the Sheriff's Department told Virginia's Daily Press on Friday. "They seemed like nice people," neighbor Tim Hudnall told the newspaper. He noted he had seen the baby boy, but never saw a girl with the Gores in the six years they've been neighbors. "He was really a nice guy," Brian Gore's ex-girlfriend, Sandy, told WTKR 3 News in Norfolk. "He went to church and everything." Deputies discovered the child's remains while digging under and around a shed at the mobile home Friday evening. The age, gender and identity of the remains are not known, pending an examination by the state Medical Examiner's Office. The Gores are being held in prison as authorities determine how the child died. An autopsy report by the state medical examiner is pending.

They also have murder charges against them for the child they found the remains of:

The girl's parents, Brian and Shannon Gore, were arrested and charged with felony child abuse. The mother was also charged with attempted capital murder. However, the gruesome twosome now faces first-degree murder charges after the remains of what authorities believe to be another child were found buried outside their mobile home.

edit on 14-7-2011 by tncryptogal because: added links.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is so sick.

And that is the reason why i always say that people before they become parents should go under many psychological tests and training.If this happened we wouldn't hear things like that.

I hope that a caring family will take the little girl and she will grow up properly and hopefully forget this horror.

Oh and since they are church people....I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is truly tragic, and a disguesting display of how some of our race has fallen by the way-side.

I find it interesting their 6 year old boy was doing well, and apparently treated well, while the girl was left to suffer, and possibly die.

I am willing to bet that the remains found on the property were that of another female. Which would make it a gender issue with the parents. Which is disguesting on an even mroe deeper level.

Now for those of you saying "People need to be tested and trained before having kids" and things along those lines: Do we REALLY want the government having MORE control in our lives then we already do?

I have 2 children, one girl, one boy. I do NOT need some idiot with the government behind him telling me how to raise my children, I get that enough from family and friends, most of which have no children, Most people do just fine raising their kids with little or no help from "experts". As is evident by the millions of them alive and well.

So no, we do not need gubberment intervention with our families any more then we already have to endure. Just like with everything, 90% will do the right thing, it's that 10% that creates the shock and awe issues like the one the OP posted.

THis was a horrible incident, hope we don't see another article like this ever, but you know that won't happen.

May the rest of her life be much easier then what she already has endured.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Not to minimize the roles of the parents in any way. But, this article is sensationalizing the claim of the child eating herself.

"She was suffering from bed sores, severe starvation, and so hungry detectives saw the child eating the flaky skin from her forehead."

Grandmother unaware child was caged

Hardly what comes to mind when the term eating oneself is used.

This is a sad story. I do hope the parents are punished severely. I feel for the Grandmother how was unaware of two of the children.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It really is shameful that we have these so called people who do this kind of thing amongst us. Stories such as this where children have suffered such indignities, really make me sick. What the hell is wrong with these people? I cannot fathom how anyone can harm an innocent child in anyway. These people clearly can look after a child if their son was in good health. So many people are capable and willing to provide loving homes for unwanted children, and would have gladly helped this child if they didn't want her. There is absolutely no excuse.

Thankfully the poor girl was found, it is deeply hurtful to think of the things she has suffered. I wish her a very speedy recovery and hopefully now she will get the loving home she deserves.

As for the scum well,in my opinion they should be made to suffer exactly the way they made their daughter suffer, until they beg for death.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There are some real sick people in this world,
some go to church, others don't. This poor
child must have suffered so much. I hope
the parents rot in their cells and have nothing
to eat for a long time.

I am glad she was found, hope this will
not effect her future too much but she is
at the age of remembering.

As for the joke comment, not funny at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

If what the grandmother said was true, that has got to be one of the most messed up tales I have ever heard...

Karen first learned the truth over the phone when a detective asked her how many children her daughter has, "I said, one...I was blown away by the question...she has the one son, and he said 'no...she has a daughter.' I said, no, absolutely not. No way. She could not have a daughter. I have seen her nearly every day of her life, and there's no way she could have concealed a pregnancy." Karen could not have been more wrong. We asked Karen, "does this sound like your daughter?" Karen answered, "No...I can't explain it. I really can't. I can't wrap my head around this beautiful girl I raised, and I can't grasp it," Karen said as she cried.

Karen has spoken with Shannon in jail every day by phone. She has not gone to visit her. "I just can't. It's too emotional. It's too sad. I can't emotionally do it, but this week I will go visit her."

When she asked Shannon to explain how she could have done this, Karen said, "Her answer is always just tears. I don't believe she has an understanding. It's like she shut down after her first son died."

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hmm thats interesting... I just have to wonder if the child is hers??? With so many missing children you just never know,

Also the fact that remains of another where found, Goodness i find this all so shocking, And really glad i dont understand how someone can do this.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Wow, if true, this is absolutely an atrocity. The kids had no way to contact outsiders, so they were stuck; this is a big problem. It is surprising, though, that they let the policeman see this girl.

It is possible, that the girl was simply a masochist, but that seems unlikely. Why would a six year old be in a crib anyways? Why would they let the neighbors see their other child (who is in "good condition"), but not this one?

This story doesn't make sense to me. If they are cruel child abusers, why give themselves away? And why are they not doing the same to the other child?

It seems to me there is more to this story. Is it possible the child who is buried was buried long ago, and has nothing to do with them? Is it possible they are anti-State, and did not want to alert people about their child dying?

Could the girl in the cage be being temporarily punished? While food deprivation and locking someone away is clearly not good parenting, could it not be possible that is what happened? That is not possible, as no one has ever seen the child before.

The official story doesn't make sense. Is it possible that these people are fiercely campaigning against the State, or against drug companies, etc., and they were set up? It seems unlikely that this girl was planted there, but the body of the child could have been.

There are many ways to explain the buried child. The girl in the cage who no one has ever seen; it doesn't make sense to me. Why let the police see their abused child?

Either these people are not very good criminals, and accidentally let the police on to their entire scandal (unlikely when they've been able to keep it a secret for years, if it is as described), or there's something more to the story. I think more need's to be heard about this and the other side of the story needs to come out before anything can be determined.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot
Not to minimize the roles of the parents in any way. But, this article is sensationalizing the claim of the child eating herself.

"She was suffering from bed sores, severe starvation, and so hungry detectives saw the child eating the flaky skin from her forehead."

Grandmother unaware child was caged

Hardly what comes to mind when the term eating oneself is used.

This is a sad story. I do hope the parents are punished severely. I feel for the Grandmother how was unaware of two of the children.

Okay, that link makes more sense. The child was locked away, so when the police came, they must have thought that they wouldn't go in there.

If they cared so much about their first child, though, it seems odd they would suddenly start doing that to their other child. They obviously could not have been doing that for long, because the girl would have been dead long ago.

It also makes sense that neighbors say they didn't see her with a daughter; she was identified as someone else.

It just doesn't make sense, though, that they would turn around from loving their first kid to trying to kill their next. Maybe they didn't care about their first child until after he was dead.

Reading that, it doesn't seem they were set up or the facts were too misrepresented in the first article. I posted the other post before reading the other article.

I hope they give this girl and the other boy to the grandmother; CPS is terrible and corrupt, and while maybe better for the girl, it would still be horrendous.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oh my god, this is the sickest thing i have read in a looooong time.. So - yes.. the world is a horrible place. Things like this shouldn't be happening at all..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This sounds like something out of a horror flick! These parents should be put in a cage and subject to the same torment they did to this little girl. Sick, Sick, Sick....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I was going to say the story is tragic but thats the wrong word, its horrific. I can't understand how people can do these horrific things to children. Its just so dispicable and inhuman. You've got to be the most twisted piece of **** to do that to anyone, let alone a child. That poor little girl is their own flesh and blood as well. It makes my blood boil.
There are so many people who would love to have kids and can't, then there are bleeps like this pair, who shouldn't be allowed to have kids at all. Leaving your own kid damaged for life, sick.
I find it bizarre that people will think of religious people as nice...too nice to be bad. Sad his ex had to justify the bloke being nice because he went to church.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Taffygirl because: ...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am of the belief that anyone involved in crimes against children should lose their right to reproduce. This makes me want to rip out her uterus myself. I make attempts daily at being more evolved and am personally more against things like the death penalty than for them but this enrages me. And sadly is just the tip of the iceberg as far as sick people who gain some kind of gratification at severely hurting and torturing children. And the reason no one noticed that she had another child in the house is because most people are so focused on themselves and their own miserable existence that when things are out of sight, they are truly out of mind. And lets face it, out of those who do notice something is amiss, how many are full of trepidation at the thought of getting involved in someone else's domestic issue. Looooooots of people leery of the cops these days. We shut our curtains, we turn up the radio, we even avert our eyes to avoid the ugliness that is abuse. Thankfully there are a few brave souls who speak for those who can't but one can't help but be a bit disappointed at the fact that many are found on a goof.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There is more to this story than has been released in this article! It is a terrible horrible tragedy. If you look carefully at the photographs of the mother and father, it appears these two could be brother and sister. Look at their eyes, their noses, and their mouths. The similarities in the various features is uncanny and indisputable! The detectives handling this matter should dig a bit deeper and find out the entire story! I hope they do!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That child will be traumatized for life. Maybe, just maybe an adoptive set of parents will be loving enough to provide the moral and spiritual support needed, to heal the damage caused. But subconsciously there will always be those early years, during the child's development...

I think we should pray that it may still be early enough, to have healthy memories to give her hope for the future.

As for the biological birthers, (because no real parent could do such), if they don't get life in prison in solitary confinement indefinitely. I would be disgusted in the legal system for the last straw...more than justice is at stake in this case.

Humanity, calls for action!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It is no secret that mental diseases like, bipolarity, schizophrenia, ADHD and many other diseases that produces a great many pure sociopaths are spreading like wildfire in United States. Soon enough this country will be completely uninhabitable for ordinary people. Those with means will flee to Europe and the rest will stay and die in a overly corrupted and dumbed down nation, with conditions much like the really worst parts of Mexico.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join