It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF beginning to confiscate ammunition?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

ATF beginning to confiscate ammunition?

www.eliteammunition.net

BATF and EA Recent Finding:

EA has had to remove our Trident bullets in .223, 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC. The BATF has ruled that all of these cartridges are now pistol cartridges. Since they are now pistol cartridges their construction now falls under the content and construction limitations of the 68 GAC and pistol cartridges.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This email was sent to Elite Ammunition customers earlier. This looks like the beginning of a gun grab to me to test the waters. Understand that Elite Ammunition makes copper and aluminum bullets. ATF is going to show up and confiscate your bullets. I'm sure I don't need to explain the implications of this.

This is also on Elite Ammunition's website here:

www.eliteammunition.net...

This needs to get out publicly as fast as possible.

Here is the full Email:

BATF and EA Recent Finding:

EA has had to remove our Trident bullets in .223, 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC. The BATF has ruled that all of these cartridges are now pistol cartridges. Since they are now pistol cartridges their construction now falls under the content and construction limitations of the 68 GAC and pistol cartridges.

Currently from other bullet makers like Barnes, solid .223 caliber bullets are still being manufactured and sold . We are working with our BATF IOI person to find out the following,

A) Is Barnes bullets and all other maker that constructs solid bullets in .223 going to have to stop.
B) If not then why do we have to stop since out basic shape and metallurgical content of our PFP bullets are the same as theirs?
C) Since they are now handgun caliber limited how does Magtech solid copper pistol bullets not fall under the 68 GAC as AP?
D) If Solid copper is not considered a violation of the 68 GAC in handgun bullets then it should also be not a violation of the 68 GAC to make EA’s PFP bullets from solid copper as Magtech does.

Those who have T6 ammunition and PFP bullets will be contacted by the BATF to recover any bullets or ammunition that have not been FIRED yet.

I apologize for this inconvenience and hopefully we can get this matter straightened out one way or another.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

www.eliteammunition.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-7-2011 by Anonymous Avatar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I’m still waiting for coded ammo/serialized ammo with the database. It still may be on the table. If they cant grab the guns they will go after the ammo!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well I'm not concerned about bullets, its the primers and powder that are the concern, you better order up 10,000 or better primers and save all your spent brass plus grab a few pounds of powder, you can cast your own bullets if you have a mold. I kinda like solid brass bullets with a steel core

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Everytime i go to the gun range I am reminded of just how many people are in this country who own high powered firearms and that makes for alot of ammunition.
If the ATF is going to confiscate ammo I think it might me a little too late.
Most fire arm enthusiasts have plenty to get the job done.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Bearing arms is useless if you can't obtain ammo. This is crap. Three words: Cold...Dead...Hands.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ok - so can someone explain to me what's so special about these particular rounds versus for example your common civilian FMJ 55 grain .223?

Why would the ATF target these?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Did I just read they're calling .223 rounds pistol ammunition?

How does that work? That's not even close to a pistol round....

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Mexicans need ammo for the weapons the ATF allowed them to have.

More dead border police

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

There was a rumor that even re-loaded equiptment would be illegal. I agree Save the brass!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

From my understanding, Elite Ammunition uses Copper and Aluminum which is used in AP rounds.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Dang!!!!!!!!!

ATF been busy lately.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can't wait to see what Obama adds to the list.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
in simplest terms, a limitation of your ability to kill people who are inevitably going to show up to kill you. pretty elementary strategy. and effective! ain't laws great? i look for a massive run on .223 ammo tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's just another bureaucratic bunch of nonsense.

For some weird reason, this type of round (I am not familiar with this class of weapon or ammunition - I'm only slightly more intelligent regarding this matter than the average politician/bureaucrat) has now been reclassified as a pistol round. Apparently, pistol-class ammunition has different regulations that apply to them - and these rounds are believed to be, by ATF command, to now fall outside of what is permitted, and hence considered illegal. Which means production stopped and a program for allowing current owners to turn in these rounds without penalty.

I see no reason to get all up in arms over it. It's not a 'gun grab' or an 'ammo grab' - just an ass-grab in politics.

The real issue is whether or not the government has the authority to regulate firearms and their ammunition.

On that token - if we are concerned about the government attempting to take away firearms/ammunition - it doesn't make sense that, if they cannot practically 'take away' firearms with dozens of moving parts and precision-milled components - they are not going to be able to take away the comparably far more simple ammunition produced in quantities several orders of magnitude greater than firearms.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It's going to get crazy if this Admin is reelected. I would suggest that you buy everything weapons or survival related with cash only. Stop using those debit and credit cards.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I will defer to your lack of understanding of this. These rounds are very clearly used in rifles and amongst the most people ammunition used in rifles. This is setting a precedent for grabbing and controlling the most popular ammunition for rifles. This is not bureaucratic fumbling. This is very calculated.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Does this apply to 5.7? That could be considered a hybrid round.

I myself, would never get a 5.7 as iI feel it's outrageously expensive and in a SHTF scenario, you will run out of ammo fast.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I am pretty sure the 5.7 was already considered pistol ammunition. However I am not 100 percent certain.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
Did I just read they're calling .223 rounds pistol ammunition?

How does that work? That's not even close to a pistol round....

This is why. All you have to do is have just one .223 pistol being sold and that is your answer. And just get a look at what is being called a pistol now days. Looks like carbines are now called pistols.

Google picture search for .223 pistol

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

If I remember correctly anything with under a 16 inch barrel is considered a pistol according to the BATFE. Again I am not 100 percent on this.

Obviously you can configure ARs and AKs and many other "rifles" with shorter barrels. If you have less than than 16 inch barrel you can not have a butt stock on the gun since it is considered a pistol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join