It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Bans Woman for Life...for Couponing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Whats the problem. She can go elsewhere.

If one store has a rule I dont like I go elsewhere. What is it that some people think they can tell businesses what to do?

A 'normal' person would just shop elsewhere.... (conclusion?)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Are people really defending WalMart?
Do they not base their entire mantra on being cheap? Affordable? Come here with all your recession needs? So someone even furthers their deal with coupons and Walmart bans them?
hhhmm

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So Walmart prints coupons as part of advertisement and getting rid of overstocked items, yet Walmart is completely and utterly shocked when someone uses coupons?!

Didn't Walmart have some employees trampled to death? She's saving money but thankfully that doesn't include killing people.
Discounts and death! But Walmart has no problem with Black Friday.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

WOW, that is just funny.
First of all the grocoery store loses no money. They get reimburst for the full amount by the
manufacture.
The manufacture makes these products, that costs on cents to make.
How do I know my hubby works at a manufacture, which the product only cost 11 cents to make.
This includes electric and labor costs.
This is the size you find at resturants, schools and miliatary. Gigantic siszes.
I work at GIANT, we get fully reinburst at 100% sale costs.

Now add in the fact that so few actualy use coupons, no one is loseing money. They are still makeing theirs.
For the extremeer's it's a job. They do this for 8 hours a day. They are paying what that product costs to get made. Their are only two extremer's in my area. And only 10% of the population uses coupons here.

So who are those people hurting. No one, They are just smart and stubborn enough to get the deals.
KUDO's EXTREMER's, STICK IT TO EM

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Is walmart the only supermarket in that area? I think it is their problem with not getting money from a customer. And the customer can spend his money in another place... So what's the problem?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
WHO CARES!!! I mean really, who shops at walmart anymore. They are an evil company, havnt been in one since 2003.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just a personal WalMart story to give you an idea what their mindset is. My local WalMart where I shop NEVER has any of the plastic hand baskets at the door - I always have to search for them. After complaining to the managers THREE times, they finally bought some more and now there are usually some there. She told me that they buy them 25 at a time. Wow, WalMart, don't spend yourself into bankruptcy now. How cheap can you get? You'd think that each member of the Walton family is worth a billion dollars, they could spring for some plastic baskets so their customers can have some measure of convenience. Maybe the manager at that store is an idiot, who knows.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Walmart refused to honor a competitor's coupons, Target in this case. It was not a manufacturer's coupon.

abcnews.go.com...

But it is more bait & switch on the part of these companies. Same with the unlimited data cell phone planes. If they are changing policies that they previously promoted and advertised there should be some signage by the register "Due to changes in policy we no longer honor competitor's coupons." Or else Walmart is asking for trouble from irate customers. From what I've seen, their customers are already pretty close to the edge for the most part.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I simply don't get how anyone can shop at Walmart. I just don't get it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Some people on this topic have been stating that it is 'wrong' for people to get discounts via 'extreme couponing' and that such people 'shouldn't' get such large discounts this way....

I am not a couponer myself. And I know that some of this 'extreme couponing' can create a big hassle for the store that is accepting these.

However, if the 'extreme couponer' is following the guidelines set forth by whoever issued the coupons, they aren't doing anything wrong, and they are merely claiming what they are entitled to set forth again by the the issuer of the coupon.

If the store doesn't honor the coupons, then someone is promoting false advertising. Being not a lawyer, I don't know who would be prosecuted. Many of the coupons are from the manufacturer of the product. I don't know whether the coupons allow discretion for the store in how they accept them.

It is the responsibility of the people issuing the coupon to make sure that someone doesn't take advantage of the situation if they don't want them to.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's called coupon fraud. If you wanna use 50 Fiber One coupons on 50 boxes of Lucky Charms, just because the computer accepts it, because it's in the same "family" of UPC code go for it. But you may be put in jail. Because after TLC's show alot of companies are on to these Coupon Frauders.

I really like how in that link the screenshots from that extrem couponers show had a tv ad in the bottom corner which read "Coming up next on TLC - Hoarders".... ohhh the Irony!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
People have to realize that Couponing Takes Times. Also you have to do research and be with it. I teach people how to use coupons and i can tell you that if you are making $20 plus an hour, couponing for living is not going to be your choice.

Many people resource to couponing because they don't want to be on welfares. Some want to cut down expenses so they can pay off some debts.

If Walmart or stores do not want people to use coupons then just say so. Do not put coupon policies out and don't honor it.

For manufacturer coupons, stores get reimbursed plus8 cents for handling fees. Stores usually pack coupons in a ziplock bag then ship it to corporate. Corporate puts them together in a box and ship it to clearing house. Clearing house put coupons on convey belt and scan them. Stores get money plus extra cents for each coupons. It's that easy.

As for store coupons, stores arrange deals with manufactures to move products. Stores usually pay for printed materials and get about 70 to 75% of normal retail price back. So stores do not lose money, just make less. However, stores and manufactures can move inventories.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by jude11

On a different note who the hell needs 200 bottles of mustard or 75 packages of cream cheese?
edit on 10-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I know people who do JUST THIS, just to go back and brag to each other about the "deal" they got.

They have loads of expired childrens medicine, laxatives, deodorant and countless other pieces of nonsense.

It's a form of hoarding, I'm convinced...
To buy this stuff for the heck of it or the high they get from it is just plain wrong.I'm sure it will be a disorder here soon or is it already?but I suppose it would be a bad go if these people that do extreme couponing would either donate items to food pantry's or get together with other extremers and trade items before they expire.Otherwise why do it then?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by tncryptogal

Isn't that the reason why cashiers need to match up the products with the coupons and check out the expiration dates? Or does the problem lie where some cashiers don't take the time to check them and than management catches the mistake later?

I still don't understand the idea of being able to walk out of a store with a cart of products and only paying 10 percent of the actual cost. That's probably why more people don't do it.
I have used coupons at the military base commissary(grocery store)and when the coupon didn't match the product it wouldn't scan the money off,isn't most of the cash registers like that?how would a person get around the computer match?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

haha - no kidding. And you know what? She spends more money on shelving and rubbermaid totes to keep it all in than she saved on buying itall, lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KelvinH

In the OP i thought it said that the reason for the dispute was that walmart DID change their policy regarding what she was doing, and that the reason for her ban was because of how she reacted to it. It isnt that they didnt honor their policy, they changed it, and probably because of people just like her.
Again, not a fan of walmart (i hear they make money off of life insurance policies of some of their employees) but a company like that isnt going to make any legal slip ups. I am sure their butts are well covered in everything they do including policy changes. I am sure if she is banned for life, they have reasons for this that they are confident can stand up in a court of law. Personally, I never use coupons. Dont get them in the mail and i dont have a printer here to find them online. I go for sales, though i love how the stores here often have coupon boards of all their current offers at the entrance, so i scan when i get there to see if there is anything from my list.
And I do shop at walmart, because sometimes i have to. Mostly just for clothes and toys though. I once had an invention and approached walmart to sell. They were interested and as I was designing the packaging for the item, i heard a story of someone in my community that had big falling out with Sam's club, which is basically the same thing, and it forced him bankrupt. So I backed out and saved myself the hassel of attempting to be a small player dealing with a mega corporation like them. Shame really. Who knows. Maybe I could be rish today. So sad. My product sits in my room and gathers dust for now. Dang companies. Oh that was a bit ot.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join