It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Glasgow, 09/07/2011/ 20:35

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sitting in my flat overlooking the SECC and the Clyde enjoying a rerun of beetlejuice

just saw a bright orange light lift up between the construction cranes then head out east across the city between the blocks of flats

was moving at a fair rate, judging against the traffic, it must have been doing at least 50mph.

maybe lifted up about 500 - 600 m from me, pretty clear night, moon out, gentle breeze.

no pics, it was out of sight in maybe 5-7 seconds

anyone else see it?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Will keep my eyes open, my window and out the right corner of my eye I can see right over that direction even looking at my monitor. Camera at the ready. I've had a funny feeling for a few days re. this actually. Finding myself drawn to the sky at odd times.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

sorry...but pics/vids or it didn't happen

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It is a very clear night, the moon itself has an orangey glow and the low clouds have a strange aura about them.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

well no pics and it did

but thanks for your comment

to the glasgwegian, where do you live mate? pm me if you like

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I saw something like that once when I was in Arizona. This one was more reddish then orange from what I remember. Good catch!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sounds awesome! Start carrying a camera with you if possible.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
reply to post by here4awhile

well no pics and it did

but thanks for your comment

to the glasgwegian, where do you live mate? pm me if you like

I'm looking over the city from the west, I can see Clydebank right over to Paisley. I can't see east though. Was just watching T in the Park there and they are letting off slow flare type fireworks, I know it's miles away and we probably wouldn't see anything even tonight, but perhaps Chinese lanterns or something coming from that direction.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Chinese lantern perchance? I've seen em move at a fair clip when they get high enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

yeah possibly, but this wasnt high, maybe 5 stories high and theres only a light breeze tonight, if even.
it was pretty bright too, almost like a glasgow street lamp in terms of brightness and shade.

yeah ramcheck i guess your out dumbarton way or old kilpatrick maybe houston, erskine or somewhere, it wont be anything from T in the park.

normally I'd plump for chinese lantern, but it appeared to come right out of the construction site for the new arena at the secc, there was only one, and i dont see any signs of any kind of party etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

edit on 9-7-2011 by maintainright because: double post

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
reply to post by seabhac-rua

yeah possibly, but this wasnt high, maybe 5 stories high and theres only a light breeze tonight, if even.
it was pretty bright too, almost like a glasgow street lamp in terms of brightness and shade.

yeah ramcheck i guess your out dumbarton way or old kilpatrick maybe houston, erskine or somewhere, it wont be anything from T in the park.

normally I'd plump for chinese lantern, but it appeared to come right out of the construction site for the new arena at the secc, there was only one, and i dont see any signs of any kind of party etc.

Near Old Kilpatrick yeah, I'm 10 stories up myself so should notice anything that comes past.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I noticed another thread mentioning similar orange lights above Glasgow here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also looking through Twitter and Flickr, one or two people have been reporting Noctilucent clouds above the city for the past week or so.

www.flickr.com...
yfrog.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
Sounds awesome! Start carrying a camera with you if possible.

Why> No one here ever believes the photos or videos anyway

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just to log another one of these Orange balls of light I saw about an hour ago travelling North at the speed of a helicopter. It was very bright, very Orange and glowing strongly and as soon as it passed, the view from the rear wasn't very glowy at all and disappeared from vision within about 30 seconds.

It was a lot higher in the sky and I'd go as far as to say a lot bigger than the plane which passed it coming the other way, which was coming in to land at Glasgow Airport.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Ramcheck because: to add the bit about the plane.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

top topics

join