It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcyclist killed in helmet law protest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Motorcyclist killed in helmet law protest

A bare-headed motorcyclist riding in protest of New York state's helmet law crashed, struck his head on the roadway and died from his injuries, state police said on Sunday. Read more: www.theage.com.au...

Oh the irony ...
edit on 3-7-2011 by ExCommando because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Corrected title

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

He infiltrated that protest and made us all realize the importance of safety equipment.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The best way to protest is with your feet. Typical bureaucrats couldn't care less how many cyclists they kill trying to "protect them" in the same way the Republicans couldn't care less if 100,000 lives are lost in the middle east trying to prevent one or two 9/11 style attacks where 3,000 people die. Its not really about saving lives for them. Its about controlling others and owning them as slaves.

A man recently burned himself to death in protest of debtors prison. The reaction by bureaucrats? Compete silence and cover-up. They couldn't care less if people die so long as they get their way. They never thought for a second and still don't they may actually be doing something wrong.

There is no better way to vote than with your feet, so my advice to people is to move to a less tyrannical place. A solid majority of ordinary Americans stupidly believe the USA is a free country. Well that is laughable given the number of people arrested for filming in public, feeding the homeless, and being in a place where police are trying to meet their arrest or ticketing quotas. New Hampshire seems very promising to me with the Free State Project and other initiatives gaining ground there. They are the only state without a seat belt requirement. It almost passed, and people were saying they would protest by refusing to wear their seat belt.

Lets leave the authoritarian pigs and their subservient ignorantly happy sheep to fester in their own filth while creating places of retreat.
edit on 3-7-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Years ago some bikers that lived down the street had bumper stickers on their helmets that said HELMET LAWS SUCK. When the law changed in my state, they now ride with helmets sans decals.
True story.

/MD
edit on 3-7-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The man took his own life by protesting to be a free individual and you are going to make a joke? The REAL irony is US citizens say they are FREE when they REALLY aren't.

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

You've got to be kidding ... he didn't take his own life, he fell off his bike and died. He should have been wearing a helmet.

Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You're hilarious.

2nd line: sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

edit on 3-7-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Should have, could have, would have. The point being that an individual in a FREE country should be FREE to kill himself any way they see fit. Whether by negligence or by stupidity.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hope his family is well, sad to see anyone go.

I think helmet laws are a good thing and always wear my helmet.

So no matter the law I will wear mine, others can ride as they wish. I only hope they are safe about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't like helmet laws; when I was a teenager I had just purchased a new pushbike and was riding it home (to collect my helmet - no less) and a cop saw me and fined me hahaha.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Protesting a law that gives you safety, and for a change, real safety, you must be real idiots... Riding without helmet is a will to die, if you are too retarded to grasp that...
So the guy got what he deserved?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I ride a Harley and want to be able to decide when I should wear a helmet and when I don't. They can interfere with vision and your abilitry to hear, They can also be very hot in the summer, i am an adult and should have the right to make my own decisions, If you don't ride why should you have a say in what i choose to do?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
I ride a Harley and want to be able to decide when I should wear a helmet and when I don't. They can interfere with vision and your abilitry to hear, They can also be very hot in the summer, i am an adult and should have the right to make my own decisions, If you don't ride why should you have a say in what i choose to do?

OK, no biggie, but you are not allowed to get any treatment, no asistance, so you basically will die if you dont wear a helmet, is that fine to you?
That type of macho stance, is the one that will get you down, but hey, I for one stand for whats logical, you ride a high speed vehicle, you wear a helmet for protection.
That idiotic mind thinking "its hot on the summer"...the tarmac is as hard on summer as it is on winter, catch my drift? A helmet designed to ride a bike interfering with your vision? Looking hard for a weak excuse huh?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

He is reaping what he sowed.
He had the right to determine the course of his own life and any ideology/law that claims otherwise is fooling itself.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

What a strange way to look at this. I suppose I can sort of buy into your idea in regards to someone not having health care, but if someone pays for their own healthcare and takes their own risks, your words are just plain illogical and rude. More so, riding a motorcycle is fairly poor judgment in general, so why add penalties for one aspect of foolishness and not another? Do you eat a perfect diet? Breath perfect air? Drink perfect water? Get enough exercise? Then, by your logic, you are taking unnecessary risks and should be deprived of care when sick. Obviously I don't really think such a thing, but am using hyperbole to expose the poorly distributed logic that you are using.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
People who don’t want to wear a helmet shouldn’t have to, good way to get rid of the stupid. And I don’t want to pay their hospital bill.
We have helmet laws hear and they are a good idea. I won’t even snow board without one now. I won’t let my kids ride bikes, roller blade, skateboard skate or snowboard without one. Once you have seen someone you know hurt by a mundane bump on the head you will realize how easily it is to hurt your melon. It really doesn’t have to be a giant wound either; a smack the wrong way can kill you.
Hopefully with age comes wisdom, when we were kids we never wore helmets skating or riding bikes but when you look back now you realize how stupid it was, and I had my bell rang more than once.
Recently someone (a dad) was skating with his kids (his kids were wearing helmets) he was not. One of the mothers commented that he should also be wearing a helmet; he blew them off saying “I’ve been skating for years”.
About a half hour after saying this he fell backward split his head open, scaring the hell out of his kids and putting himself in a coma for two weeks. Thankfully this happened about 6-8 months ago and he is now ok, and has just gone back to work. He now wears a helmet. Perhaps if he had thought about that ahead of time it wouldn’t have cost him 8 months work.
Use and protect your brain.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

The best way to protest is with your feet. Typical bureaucrats couldn't care less how many cyclists they kill trying to "protect them" in the same way the Republicans couldn't care less if 100,000 lives are lost in the middle east trying to prevent one or two 9/11 style attacks where 3,000 people die. Its not really about saving lives for them. Its about controlling others and owning them as slaves.

Wow, you think not being able to ride without a helmet on a public road makes you a slave?

Sheesh, Americans are gonna be in for some harsh reality checks when the corporate state REALLY takes over nd you're all ACTUAL slaves. Helmet laws will look downright reasonable.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I think most of the proponents of this legislation are missing the point. Whether or not it is a good idea does not justify legislation forcing submission. Same thing with seat belt laws. Do I think that both are good ideas, and a useful tool in preserving my life? Of Course! Any sane individual would! Does that mean that the state has any place, whatsoever, to mandate the measures I take to be safe at risk of a penalty? Never.

If I still rode I would still wear a helmet. HOWEVER - for the government to step in and dictate to me the measures I will take to lower my risk is tantamount to a direct claim on property; in this case You and I are this property.

To say that government is within it's boundaries on these and other issues, then one is also making the case that we are nothing better than free-range chickens...our coop is just a little bigger than most.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I ride a Bike (honda CBR 600F4) in the UK where helmets have been law for many years. I wouldn't dream of riding without one even if it was allowed. Not only does it protect your head in the event of an accident they also deflect stones and bugs. We have all seen what stones been kicked up by a cars tyres can do to a wind screen. Now imagine you are going at 80mph and one hits you in the face,that's going to hurt. I don't even ride with my visor up as last time I did a bumble bee hit me in the eye with a closing speed of about 70mph it was like being punched in the eye.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join