It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Simi Valley June 2, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
While I'm almost never impressed with lights in the sky... because I figure they can be pretty much just about anything, and in most cases (especially the ones that appear to hover) are just airplanes at a bad angle... This one left an impression on me.

I imagine before I even post this, that a remote control type of toy could possibly have done this, and I believe wholeheartedly thats what the usual debunkers will lean towards.

The reason why I want to share it is because, at the very least, I find it to be one of the more believable ones.

The object doesn't hover, it goes side to side, behind the trees, back out again... if its a hoax, I think its very clever.

Searched for the terms used in my title/subject, and manually peeked through the forum thread titles, did not see this posted already. If it has been, my apologies.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yep sorry R.C. plane or chopper, moves like plane and doesn’t change speed or turn strangely.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I dont think its "very" clever at all.

I see a toy plane being flown around with lights on it.....look at the way it moves....like a remote control plane.

Very easily replicated.....if you have a radio controlled plane and some LED's.

Nothing suggests this is nothing more than a toy with lights.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I hate it when they disable embedding!

Well of course you will get the usual answers, toy plane, plane, Chinese lantern, etc, we know what the skeptics will say. It's not a plane in my opinion, could be a toy, who knows. I do know this, aliens and definitely UFOs, whether they are ours and not ours, do exist.

But what we, the world, need is clear footage of something that we don't know of, like a badass UFO!

Hey aliens, it's time for you close up!

and where is Simi Valley?
edit on 3-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have to say either this is a good video editor.. or this is an authentic UFO although i can't say this is an alien craft or anything for sure. I didn't see any very erratic movements. I can rule out though this is not a commercial plane.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It would seem more than likely that this was something to do with The Simi Valley Flyers .

The Simi Valley Flyers is incorporated as a non profit organization. We are a radio control model airplane club founded in 1965. We have a 450 ft. by 50 ft. asphalt runway with a 150 ft. by 65 ft. pit area. Our flying field is located inside Oak Park which is owned by the County of Ventura. The Simi Valley Flyers operate, maintain and improve this facility under a lease agreement with the county.

Club meetings are normally held on the 4th Friday of each month and start at 7:30PM. The location is the Trinity Lutheran Church, 2949 Alamo Street, Simi Valley, CA. Everyone is welcome to attend our meetings. Please phone or E-Mail any club officer for further information.
www.simivalleyflyers.com...

edit on 3-7-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hi Paul47, no need to be sorry
I expected that response as mentioned in the op

Hi loves a conspiracy, I guess you see something completely different than what I see. I guess we all see what we WANT to see, at the end of the day. As I said I'm rarely impressed by lights in the sky, and also agree it COULD BE a toy. But I liked the way it was laid out. I like the way it looks very distant, but has some kind of shape to it. I like the way it goes behind trees. I like the fact that there are even trees for reference. Anyone can splash a dot on the screen and call it a UFO - to me this definitely is Unidentified. "Could be meat, could be peaches, the point is, just because someone throws it away, doesn't mean it isn't worth anything".

Hi Swills
I also hate that they disabled embedding. I expected the skeptics ahead of time, I'm also a strong skeptic. I cannot deny this is a rc vehicle of any sort - but I can say for absolute positive, it has yet to be identified to me, and doesn't appear as the "typical" light in the sky that some are so convinced by. Even if its not alien, its still a UFO to me by definition, and interesting enough for me to question it. And I wholeheartedly believe if a UFO landed on a skeptics lawn, they'd call shenanigans, and blame the illuminati, a hologram, cgi, or whatever is popular this week.. Simi Valley looks like its near the coast of California, I googlemapped it.

Hi mb2591 ♥ I thought it was really easy to rule out a plane, that was the first thing that caught my eye. I thought I could easily rule out something altogether "fake" because of the way it went behind the trees. I posted it because I believe it is an actual object that is not identified, in the sky. I think something RC is the easy answer. I prefer to ponder ♥

Hi Gortex! Very cool! finally an argument with some meat on it! Perhaps even identified, I'll check out those links, thank you

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
ok here's my problem with the Simi Valley flyers - I read the site and looked up some video's on youtube... how exactly do you suppose they attached the light so that it really never changes - we would have to be constantly looking at it "head on" to produce this video.. am I wrong?

I'm guessing an underside light might appear to always be facing front.... but wouldn't I be able to see the plane itself from this illumination?

The only place I found to support the theory, is at about 1:12/1:14 it seems to tilt slightly, almost giving it an airplane appearance, but then I wonder how did they make the whole plane glow so evenly....

and from 1:47 on... I just can't see any way any size plane makes that kind of light, not even in the slightest.... and I'm trying real hard to see it

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I posted this video on another thread that showed RC planes being past off as UFO's , You may find it useful as a guide .

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
ok here's my problem with the Simi Valley flyers - I read the site and looked up some video's on youtube... how exactly do you suppose they attached the light so that it really never changes - we would have to be constantly looking at it "head on" to produce this video.. am I wrong?

I'm guessing an underside light might appear to always be facing front.... but wouldn't I be able to see the plane itself from this illumination?

The only place I found to support the theory, is at about 1:12/1:14 it seems to tilt slightly, almost giving it an airplane appearance, but then I wonder how did they make the whole plane glow so evenly....

and from 1:47 on... I just can't see any way any size plane makes that kind of light, not even in the slightest.... and I'm trying real hard to see it

Just Go ogle: RC Plane Accessories Lights or some variation thereof. This absolutely lookes like some RC flyer and there are plenty of lights one can attach to them.
edit on July 3rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It moves, especially when turning, like a remote controlled helicopter. There was a snip in the video, which leads me to believe this was taken in the morning, because when it cuts back it is lighter outside. While this in itself isn't a big deal, it gives slight indication that this "ufo" was in the same small window for a relatively lengthy amount of time.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I posted this video on another thread that showed RC planes being past off as UFO's , You may find it useful as a guide .

Excellent example, thank you

I can totally agree!
now if I can only figure out why my cat is giving me that look .....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

good find dude. But wouldn't there be more than 1 of the RC planes flying about, since it is a club and all? We gotta get in touch with those fools!

new topics

top topics

join