It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Base Discovered On Mars Close Up and Clear...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
yes... that is CLEARLY an ALIEN base...

any credible source on how thats A BASE & THAT IT ACTUALLY BELONGS TO ALIENS? No? Thank you very much

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
OP, next time pleeeeease call your thread:

"ROCK ON MARS... that looks like an alien base - well at least a little - ok very little... "

if that's too long just

"ROCK ON MARS"...

far less deceptive...

edit on 3/7/11 by beltemps because: typos grrrr in my next life I'll be reborn as a native speaker...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It looks like the hull of a ship.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Rocks jutting up from sand.
I know, I know.. I have no imagination.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They are just rocks. Why would anyone build that kind of structure?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
[ ] Closeup
[ ] Clear

Circling that second object just hurt your case. Might as well circle all the other rocks or whatever.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

I have no idea, half of me tells me that its just a rock, then yet again my other half tells me the trapezoid looking structure is kind of odd, especially in a field where there are irregular shaped rocks, who knows, but
for posting this.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

And the Martians are a whole 3 to 4 millimeters tall. This is a feature within 20 feet of the rover, so who exactly are you trying to kid and make look stupid. Get real!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't know... Looks like rocks to me too. I definitely don't think you can justify calling this thread "Alien Base On Mars Close Up and Clear" but, who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Even in the image where the formation in question is somehow silver looking (claiming to be metallic) - it just doesn't make any logical sense from a structural point of view.

Let's say it IS an alien base..... Huh?? What, do they climb to the top (whether it's 2' tall or 20' tall) and slide down inside it like Santa does on Christmas? I just can't see how that would be anything that any creature would build. I'm pretty sure beavers here on earth make more impressive structures.

Alien Base on Mars Close Up and Clear.... Or.... Possible Anomoly on Mars Could Be Anything, But Looks Like Rocks, But No One Can Prove That It's NOT an Alien Base.

I am a scientist. I say this is just some rocks. I would love to be wrong, but again. I am a scientist.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Looks like it may have broken off a larger object....the base w/frame members is a dead give-a-way....but w/o scale to tell how big it is speculation is uselesss..like the 1937 pic of Loch Ness Monster that turned out to be toy saiibloat sized,this may be only 6 inches high...I agree...nice post

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WayfaringStranger
Someone may have already made this point, but without a scale of reference this "structure" could either be ten stories high or a hundred miles. Useless and pointless as-is.

There have been two posts that provide scale for the object (picture of the object in the same frame as the rover and rover tracks). Considering the pictures in the below posts, the object is less that 1 foot tall (less than 30 centimeters tall), and is no more than 5 meters (15 feet) from the rover:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And there are cases of odd-shaped natural rocks even here on Earth:

s3.amazonaws.com...
www.frapinot.co.uk...

edit on 7/3/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's nothing but two rocks on that are surrounded by a red pen for no reason.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was really excited seeing this post initially, some very interesting photos have shown up from mars recently...however, I must say out off all the ones I've seen this is deffinatly the least convincing (no offense O.P.) you can tell this is rock simply by looking at the surrounding ones in the pics...same shadows, same look. If some form of architecture could be seen id even reconsider, but u can even tell the object in question has no detail to its surface what so ever...if this was a structure that close up, some form of detail would be seen on its surface. Just look at its edges... perfectly smooth, perfectly rock. At least previous posts showed what appeared to be buildings, but honestly have u ever seen fabricated stuctures look even close to this? I still think more stranger things will be seen from there in our future, but this one I deffinatly have to chalk up as a natural phenomenon! Good post though!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Brilliant, some close up images of rocks from the Mars ROVER.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
its amazing how far imaginations can take someone..

your mind only see what it WANTS to see.
that thing is nothing more than a mere rock formation.

there was another photograph on mars of some 'alien', i'm sure you've seen it, but turned out its just a rock formation.
if you can't see this as just a rock formation of the background setting, you are clearly delusional..
im sorry thats all i have to say to this stupidity.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've seen this image before.

It almost looks like it could be crash debris that has been there a very long time. Most likely just very odd rock formations.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
so umm i got excited for a moment because i really want to believe something is up in Mars but those really look like rocks........ besides Nasa would never ever publish pictures of a possible "alien base".

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Axebo
I've been trying to locate data with specifics on the geologic location of this tower-like structure; Mars' orbital position around the Sun when this photo was taken; and the estimated distance from Spirit Rover's panaramic camera to this object when the photo was taken.
According to AlgorimancerPG, the distance to the rover was 3.26 metres, and the "base" is some 10cm in height.

Also, although it looks like just one object, the "tower" is not over the H shaped "structure". This animation may show it better.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a637aa0b24af.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It'd seem everything is a bunch of ruins of some sort

Great find!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
These are interesting pictures. A great find!
I dont believe this is an alien base however.
I mean the pictures are very clear but i dont see
How it looks like a base, as what does an alien base
Look like? To me it just looks like a wierd shaped rock.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join