It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Base Discovered On Mars Close Up and Clear...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How can you possibly justify the title "Alien Base close up and blah blah" and then post a few pics of some bolders. There is nothing to give any idea of scale, just some vague shapes.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What structure is it supposed to look like? Because, yes, to me, those pictures just look like a rock with a ponytail. And whats with the third picture with a second ring? It looks to me like its just circling another bunch of rocks.

Alien base? Yeah, maybe, if they were playing cave men...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Either that is a rock or those martians are way behind on their construction techniques.....

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
IMHO, I do think that this is rock formation, but what a beautiful sight to see. It looks like it would be good fun for hiking, and rock climbing.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like rocks to me. Sorry.

I dont see anything that justifies the thread title.

link   
This would be an excellent time for some of you to try out that fancy new un-flag feature.

Alien base? Seriously?

link   
I hovered my mouse arrow over the title of this thread for a few seconds silently debating my next move.
I knew inside I should just keep moving but something compelled me. I CLICKED,...I reviewed the photos offered up as evidence.
The realization came at once that I would never get my lost time back. I should have listened to that inner voice damn it. I should have known it would have been rocks and dust....AGAIN!!!

I will now be forced to spend my remaining years looking for answers in the bottom of a bottle of Jack.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

Not sure what to make of it. Doesn't look natural

with the straight lines compared to the surrounding area.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

if you can get across the universe you can build a better looking doorway than that.

it's just rocks man...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Cool photos, not to be a debunker or anything, but if you look at the other natural rock formations around that "structure" you'll notice that they have similar geometric patterns, natural patterns, look closely and you can clearly see. I do think there are alien bases out there somewhere, just not in these pictures.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

S& F since it might very well be significant and it is very useful to enlarge those pictures that were available. Are you able to do this with other things that might come to ATS where the image is blurry or small to make out detail?
Now, to me, it doesn't look like rocks or a building. It looks like some kind of a large ship crash landed and is still there in a crumpled heap. Now I hope my stalker does not show up, accuse me of disrespect and re-write the dictionary here for us.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
rocks

they aren't even a different from the surrounding rocks. I've seen some of these pics where the anomoly is at least different from the surrounding landscape

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Um, this isn't new at all......

This one is a new video, but i seen this weeks ago tagged as a plane tail on Mars.

I say its nothing. Sure doesn't look like a base to me at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not saying it is or isn't, but, all I can see are rocks. Interesting formations, but nothing you couldn't find on Earth or Mars if you look around a bit more. Don't get me wrong, I think THEY are out there and one day we'll come across them, just don't think this is it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think it was last year that someone thought this was an "alien base", but they are just rocks.

And they aren't that big either, seeing that the photo was taken close to the rover.

I will try to get some idea of its size.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The OP's picture was taken by the Spirit Rover, and the object in question was very close to the rover...
...so it's probably too small to be a building (it's probably about the size of an [American] football or rugby ball).

Here is a different picture of it taken with a different camera on board Spirit -- the Navigation Camera (the OP's picture was from Spirit's Panoramic Camera). The object in question is in the almost exact middle of this image:

marsrover.nasa.gov...

It may be difficult to determine the size of the object from that one image, but here's another image (below) that will give us a frame of reference. The object in question is NOT in this image (it's just out of frame to the lower right), but the relatively large dark rock on the upper left of the object (in the image shown above) is also in this next image -- which also includes the wheel tracks of the rover.

So this next image will give you an idea of the size of the dark rock relative to the size of the wheel tracks, which will in turn give you a reference point to determine the approximate size of the object in question:

marsrover.nasa.gov...

Considering the size of the object, and the look of the object, I see no reason to believe that it is anything other than just a rock. I know someone will claim "maybe it's a building for very small aliens", which I suppose I can't disprove...but the fact still remains that it looks just like a rock.

EDIT TO ADD: I must have read your mind about determining the size of it, ArMaP.

edit on 7/2/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think it's funny how some random guy viewing public images can make claims that photos that cost literally millions to obtain are of alien bases.
I know some think that NASA has this big cover up, but seriously they would be the first to trumpet any discovery of such biblical proportions.
The race is on to be the first to get credit for the discovery of life beyond earth and chances are with the billions thrown at the projects from around the world, It's highly unlikely that some random guy on the internet is going to decipher their data and be able to take credit for discovery.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
It may be difficult to determine the size of the object from that one image, but here's another image (below) that will give us a frame of reference.

I think there's a program to do those measurements, they are not difficult when we have photos from both (left and right) cameras, because the way the lens works is known and the angle between the cameras is also known, so with just some calculations we can get some measurements.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
It may be difficult to determine the size of the object from that one image, but here's another image (below) that will give us a frame of reference.

I think there's a program to do those measurements, they are not difficult when we have photos from both (left and right) cameras, because the way the lens works is known and the angle between the cameras is also known, so with just some calculations we can get some measurements.

Right -- But my point is that based on the two photos I posted, the object looks to be about the size of something a person can lift up and hold in their hands.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For those people who for some reason don't click on the image links, here are the pictures I post above, along with labels.

As I mentioned in my other post, the object in question seems to be a relatively small rock (one that can be picked up by a person), based on the size of the dark rock labeled in both images -- the size relative to the rover tracks:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef0f2f769883.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are the two source images again from NASA (the same images from my other post):
marsrover.nasa.gov...
marsrover.nasa.gov...
edit on 7/2/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join