It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Fly Low Over Maryland Region For Air Quality Study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Do you use fluoridated toothpaste?

And does everyone else in yor area do so? How about the children?

I have a mouthfull of amalgum and ceramic fillings - everytooth behind my incisors has 1 or more fillings. Most of them were put in before I left school in hte mid-1970's - since then they've been replaced and extended, but very few new ones have been added.

My kids have none at all (age 15 and 17).

I do use it becuase I have found the herbal stuff does not work or make my mouth feel clean.

I don't care if parents out there aren't doing they're jobs, its not my problem. Just becuase some are to lazy or irresponsible to take care of their teeth does not mean I should have no choice in the matter.

Did you brush your teeth three times a day when you were a child?

There is not one person on my dads side who has false teeth and my grandma at 94 still has all her teeth. My paternal granfather was a dentist by the way and enforced the importance of brushing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
Did you brush your teeth three times a day when you were a child?

no - twice, and I took fluoride tablets.

There is not one person on my dads side who has false teeth and my grandma at 94 still has all her teeth. My paternal granfather was a dentist by the way and enforced the importance of brushing.

good for him.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
Fluoride is harmless, notice how the death rate isn't any higher in countries with fluoridated water than those without?

Gonna have to step in on this one. Its off topic but it has to be refuted.

Fluoride does calcify the pineal gland and lowers melatonin levels. That is 100% proven true. How harmless it is is up for debate.

Fluoride & the Pineal Gland

If you're ok with unnatural accumulations of toxins in your body this won't bug you, but for those of us who do care its a big deal.

If I brush my teeth three times a day, why do I need fluoride in my water?

Fluoride naturally accumulates in the body, like it or not, fluoride added to the water supply or not (some water sources naturally contain fluoride, that's how it's effects on teeth were first noted).

From your link:

"In conclusion, the human pineal gland contains the highest concentration of fluoride in the body. Fluoride is associated with depressed pineal melatonin synthesis by prepubertal gerbils and an accelerated onset of sexual maturation in the female gerbil. The results strengthen the hypothesis that the pineal has a role in the timing of the onset of puberty. Whether or not fluoride interferes with pineal function in humans requires further investigation."

Let's not jump to conclusions.

(Fluoride isn't just in our water, it's in our packaged foods too).

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I know, I said its effects are debatable. What isn't debatable though is the level of accumulation in the pineal gland from drinking fluoridated water is way above what is naturally possible.

With regular brushing and visits to the dentist there is no reason for fluoride in the water. The fact is, if you don't brush you will end up with terrible teeth no matter how much fluoride you get in your water. One other fact is some people, due to genetics, naturally have bad teeth. You win some and you lose some.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I know, I said its effects are debatable. What isn't debatable though is the level of accumulation in the pineal gland from drinking fluoridated water is way above what is naturally possible.

Well, except where water naturally has fluorine in in it - regions of the planet where nobody seems to have notice any negative health effects.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

With regular brushing and visits to the dentist there is no reason for fluoride in the water. The fact is, if you don't brush you will end up with terrible teeth no matter how much fluoride you get in your water. One other fact is some people, due to genetics, naturally have bad teeth. You win some and you lose some.

Children benefit greatly from the fluoridation of water, but only up until the age of two (I talked about this with my dentist). Now, why do we put it in the water for everyone instead of just giving children tablets? I have no idea.

After the age of 2 it's only useful topically.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
Well, except where water naturally has fluorine in in it - regions of the planet where nobody seems to have notice any negative health effects.

Yes you will get it naturally in water but nowhere near the levels of treated fluoridated water. Health effects are yet to be determined in humans.

Children benefit greatly from the fluoridation of water, but only up until the age of two (I talked about this with my dentist). Now, why do we put it in the water for everyone instead of just giving children tablets? I have no idea.

After the age of 2 it's only useful topically.

Exactly. Not needed in the general tap water. If you are prone to tooth decay or cavities you should be on the tablets.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yes you will get it naturally in water but nowhere near the levels of treated fluoridated water.

Where do you get that from?
The current maximum recommended fluoridation level is 0.7 mg/L.
www.cdph.ca.gov...

The EPA has a secondary guideline level of 2.0 mg/L (no MCL).

Natural fluoride levels can vary widely. In many places fluoride is removed from the natural water supply.

Garden City, SC: 4.1
Palmer, TX: 4.1
Crittenden,VA: 4.9

www.fluoridealert.org...

Just think of all those poor calcified pineal glands before fluoride levels were even measured. Somehow our ancestors muddled through drinking that nasty stuff.
edit on 6/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Where do you get that from?
The current maximum recommended fluoridation level is 0.7 mg/L.
www.cdph.ca.gov...

The EPA has a secondary guideline level of 2.0 mg/L

Natural fluoride levels can vary widely. In many places flouride is removed from the natural water supply.

Garden City, SC: 4.1
Palmer, TX: 4.1
Crittenden,VA: 4.9

www.fluoridealert.org...

edit on 6/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Canada has the 0.7 mg/l recommendation but the limit here is 1.5 mg/l.
Health Canada

Yes it can vary and due to the toxic nature of it sometimes needs to be removed from water. That is not very common however and is normally found in deep water sources.

One of my best friends works for water treament and I know they triple what is naturally in the water for that province. Its his job so he should know after all.

I would like to debate this more but I feel we are derailing this thread sadly, so maybe tommoro I'll start a thread and we can continue the debate there.

Cheers for now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join