It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SonofPeleus

Our grandparents would never stand for this.

Our grandparents were also racists and bigots, and their grandparents were burning witches and adulterers.

Morality of society evolves, and things are slowly getting better.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Score another one for curbing reproduction.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by Laokin

You can spin this all you want but everyone knows it's unnatural.

Is that why nobody agrees with you?

I'm amazed at how you can dictate what everyone "knows" and how we should retaliate based on that. You don't sound like Hitler at all.

That is why gays don't come out, they know it's wrong in their heart and can't come to terms with it.

You're right, religious zealots make it a point to mentally torment them to the point of killing themselves rather than accepting themselves for who they are. They're such great people, after all. Holier than thou, that's for sure

Only after other deviates convince them it's OK do they finally give in to their unnatural desires.

Yes, yes, Adam Lambert destroyed the free world.

Look at him pushing the "homosexual agenda"

To each their own... the devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy.

They often appear on ATS with an angel in their avatars and claim to be pushing God's word, when they really just push division. Very Christ-like behavior. Like I said, Jesus himself said that segregating His children behind the veil of God's word will surely never enter His kingdom. Keep talking, it's doing your eternal soul loads of good, promise

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus
reply to post by krill

Can't believe you people are actually applauding the decision to make buggery/sodomy a social institution.
All part of the master plan to erode our morals and further corrupt our society.
Our grandparents would never stand for this. Shame on you.

Buggery feels FANTASTIC! lol..buggery..that's some funny stuf!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonapologetic
reply to post by Laokin

Actually the majority of Americans are Christian, . .

There is a majority that say they are Christian. However - the count between those who actually attend church and just say they are Christian is significant. Church attendance has been on a steady decline.

There is a rise in both Islam and Atheism.

Also - - many churches have opened their doors and hearts to the LGBT community.

The NOM (defense of marriage) group lost in New York. That says a lot where the majority of people are at in what they believe and support.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

Decency? And i thought you were ironic. Holy # this is so screwed. This will lead to something ugly. But that doesnt stop you from celebrating, you all that think its a good thing, it is not the first neither the last time you are fooling yourselves!

Interesting times we live, disgusting too..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If you don't like gay marriage, don't marry a member of the same sex! Pretty simple really. Straight folks have set a very bad record for marriage. Over 50% of straight marriages end in divorce. Remember the term latch key children? Seems to be the norm today.

Yeah straight folks seem too smugly and religiously know everything. Why is it that people drag out the dusty old bible when they need to make an argument against something. Most do not believe anyways!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Homosexuality is either:
a) a congenital birth defect when the fetus does not receive the required dose of testosterone;
b) a survival tactic employed as a route taken by Beta or Gamma males incapable of competing against others in the group.

For thousands of years, this has been looked upon as a disease/mental illness by mankind. It has only been in the last few decades that those in power have decided to legitimize gay behavior for political reasons.

Know the truth.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Our grandparents would never stand for this.

Our grandparents were also racists and bigots, and their grandparents were burning witches and adulterers.

Morality of society evolves, and things are slowly getting better.

Grandparents! Hell I am a grandparent at 65.

It was stifling in the 50s with so much ignorance and self righteousness.

With Freedom comes responsibility. BUT - - Hell Ya! Freedom!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
Interesting times we live, disgusting too..

Bigotry - ignorance and hatred is what's disgusting.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good for New York. Personal liberties, what a concept.

Don't let yourselves get roped into the misery of the religious bigots on this site, they love to go round and round about why they should be allowed to impose their wills and morals on others, but they're not allowed. Society is evolving, and they are kicking and screaming the whole way. Just revel in their frustration as they're impositions are being rejected time and again.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a) a congenital birth defect when the fetus does not receive the required dose of testosterone; b) a survival tactic employed as a route taken by Beta or Gamma males incapable of competing against others in the group.

We do not know what causes homosexuality, there is no consensus even among experts. It may be genetics, hormonal, psychological, or some combination. I also fail to see how is it even relevant to the discussion.

For thousands of years, this has been looked upon as a disease/mental illness by mankind.

It was accepted in many societes, it was the evil influence of abrahamic religions that often lead to persecution and discrimination.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is why people think marriages must be legally recognized by the government? Government has no business in marriages. The vast majority of marriages are conducted within the church and is still regarded as a religious matrimony, not a secular one. The only business the government may have in this is recognizing legal partnerships, be it gay or not. As long as it is two consenting adults...I don't see where the issue lies. This is just a lot of uneeded drama...
edit on 25-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus
reply to post by krill

Can't believe you people are actually applauding the decision to make buggery/sodomy a social institution.
All part of the master plan to erode our morals and further corrupt our society.
Our grandparents would never stand for this. Shame on you.

forgive the squeemishness of this post, but i seem to be on a dictionary defining roll this afternoon...

anyhow, sodomy is defined as "Sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation"

so, therefore any heterosexual relationship that rejects "gay marriage" for such a reason, had better not be performing the ol' f***atio or c***lingus lest they further corrupt the morals of our society.

in other words... when making such narrow minded arguments, do watch for hypocricies. this thread is full of 'em.

it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Homosexuals do not come out not because they believe that their homosexuality is unnatural, they don't come out because of people like you who say it is unnatural. People like you make homosexuals feel ashamed to be homosexual. If homosexuality wasn't natural, and if it was such an easy thing to reverse, then homosexuals might choose to become heterosexual in order to avoid unnecessary discrimination. But alas they cannot. So people like you spread their hate and bigotry in order to try to scare the gay out of them.

The way you express your opinion isn't befitting of a true religious practitioner in the least. You aren't a true follower of God or Jesus.

While the devil might come to steal, kill, and destroy, the devil also likes to do these things while acting as a wolf in sheep's clothing. You just might be that wolf in sheep's clothing.
edit on 25-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Congratulations New York: your young sons have now become fair game for old paedophiles state-wide. Soon to follow: promotion of homosexuality in the public school system. Think I'll become Catholic -- oops! Can't go there either -- sorry Father, I promise I won't tell...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex
Score another one for curbing reproduction.

Yeah, because all those gay people that weren't allowed to legally marry before instead were going to go out and marry someone of the opposite sex and have kids.

I think I'm going to stop looking at this thread because there is a lot of flat out crazy posts in here. From comparing gay people to incest or bestiality, to saying it's a mental disorder, to saying whatever, it's a bunch of insane rhetoric that I thought would be around in the 50's or 60's but in 2011? I just have to shake my head.

And the really baffling thing to me is some of it is from posters that post, IMO, sensible (if disagreeable) comments on other topics. It kinda blows my mind actually.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

pedophiles... how dare you!!

i rarely turn the flame on, and tend to insist upon using wit and logic to express my perspectives, but comparing gay people to pedophiles has crossed a line. too many of my friends have struggled through to much BS to be slandered with such ignorant accusations!

get over your fears, man.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

pedophiles... how dare you!!

i rarely turn the flame on, and tend to insist upon using wit and logic to express my perspectives, but comparing gay people to pedophiles has crossed a line. too many of my friends have struggled through to much BS to be slandered with such ignorant accusations!

get over your fears, man.

Comparing gay people to paedophiles:

Gays engage in anal/oral sex with those of the same gender.
So do pedophiles. 'Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Society is evolving, and they are kicking and screaming the whole way. Just revel in their frustration as they're impositions are being rejected time and again.

It is fascinating to watch for sure.

I try not to indulge myself too much in gloating - as then I would be like "them".

But can't help but laugh at some of the nonsense they take so seriously.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join