It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather? Nothing to see here...move along...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Great post man dont forget about all the fires that is going on too

reply to post by SonoftheSun

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have been watching the earthquakes throughout the world for the past 4 years and i can tell you now, the USGS site

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Is majorly flawed or something is being covered up.

There have been many earthquakes happening around the world that this site does not record or turn a blind eye to. I have also seen quakes get deleted off the map an hour after happening.

There have been many earthquakes that have happened in my country New Zealand which do not get recorded by this site. How many other countries also have this same problem i wonder?

Too many discrepancies and their graphs claim to state the amount of earthquakes happening per year across the world.

Misleading information.

I would not rely on this site for an accurate read on the amount of quakes happening throughout the world.

Natural disasters are on the increase and we need better information given to us so humanity can prepare for the future.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Light soul

This is very true!!

EQ's have been deleted before.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

With you, Brutha! - I started my own U.S. Specific thread a bit ago (added to it, just today). Here. S & F.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
And, couple that with this other interesting anomoly, as depicted here in this article (12 Things That The Mainstream Media Is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now
- also, an ATS thread)

All over the world, huge cracks are appearing for no discernible reason. For example, a massive crack that is approximately 3 kilometers long recent appeared in southern Peru. Also, a 500 foot long crack suddenly appeared recently in the state of Michigan. When you also throw in all of the gigantic sinkholes that have been opening all over the world, it is easy to conclude that the planet is becoming very unstable.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Meanwhile in the Sun... (remember sunspots are visible signs of solar activity and therefore indicate changes in Space and Earth weathers due to coronal ejections, solar winds and other activities)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b5b3162ff3e.png[/atsimg]

A slight increase, but still 400 years is a dramatically tiny window for long-living space creatures like the Sun. Here an 11.000 years sunspot reconstruction:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02d175bdba4b.png[/atsimg]

at its maximum height the Earth suffered from epic floods en.wikipedia.org... but since then we seem to be leveled. Still 11.000 a small window.

The increase seems irrefutable on the charts you posted,
our problems come in agreeing causes and meanings to it.

Interesting post!

edit on 25-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is only one force capable of loosening the crust of earth, and gravity means interaction with a foriegn body or perhaps even a black hole ......
Could there be some electric universe pricipal we are overlooking that could account for some of these phenomenae?
Increased Bjirkland currents perhaps for the warming, and lower numbers for cooler periods?
Just wondering out loud.....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Really well put together post. One point I would raise though is that extreme weather has been observed at the beginning of every century. Unfortunatelyt we don't have complete stats for 1900-1920 so accurate comparison is difficult. The more we know it seems the more we have to worry about, but it may be that this cycle will calm down eventually. S & F for your hard work.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Great research S&F!

Putting the facts aside though I believe we all know deep down that all is not right in the world. We have a strong connection with mother earth/nature, so do not trust what our governments tell us, trust your intuition.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
just wait untill 2012
u are going to get why i was trying to sav e 7u
it will be worst then hell trust me

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Could it be that this increase might have correlation with the Human population and where we are inhabiting?

Such as, we seem to have an increase in Tornadoes because the population in Tornado alley has risen significantly thus displacing people more than ever thus more people "noticing" and documenting such things.
Same with floods, and volcanoes...

Just throwing that out there...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
here comes the sun
dittoo-dittoo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I've been trying to figure out lately if our earth's wobble and rotation have a play in this.
I saw a documentary the other day, that stated that the moon moves away from the earth by just under 1.5 inches per year. Very minor, but it'll add up oneday.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Just like keeping a plate spinning on a stick, the key is to have the plate spinning fast, as if it slows down it crashes to the floor. In a similar way, as the Earth's rotation slows down, our whole planet may start to slowly wobble and this will have a devastating effect on our seasons.

Now if our day shortens with the quakes, that means we're rotating faster ? while the moon moving away dictates that we should be rotating slower ?
I know, it's only micro seconds, but if combined with other factors ??

The earthquakes, Japan and Chili were said to have shortened the day, although only by micro seconds. Also said to have shifted the earth slightly, Chili by 3 inches, Japan by about 7 inches.

www.space.com...
www.nasa.gov...

In comparison, following last year's magnitude 8.8 earthquake in Chile, Gross estimated the Chile quake should have shortened the length of day by about 1.26 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 8 centimeters (3 inches). A similar calculation performed after the 2004 magnitude 9.1 Sumatran earthquake revealed it should have shortened the length of day by 6.8 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 7 centimeters, or 2.76 inches.

How an individual earthquake affects Earth's rotation depends on its size (magnitude), location and the details of how the fault slipped. Gross said that, in theory, anything that redistributes Earth's mass will change Earth's rotation.

Our moon is responsible (I think) for keeping our wobble stable, but if bigger quakes are affecting our wobble, and our rotation, even if just slightly, our weather is likely to be unpredictable.

Maybe it's not enough change to matter, I don't know.

Could our galaxy even be going through a section of space that might be affecting us in some way?

I have not read all of the thread yet, but Snowspirit has touched on something I posted about a little while ago:

Link...

Basically, our solar system is currently moving through an energy cloud in space; the main tilt of my thread was that it is making our sun 'more active' and that some scientists suggest it may be the catalyst that will cause a major solar event. However, the link I am seeing here is that the increase in the suns activity would account for the increased 'fireballs' hitting our atmosphere. Whilst there is no absoulte connection between the fireballs and the increase of natural weather penomenon / earthquakes etc it make me wonder that if this 'energy cloud' can affect the sun, could it not also affect our atmosphere / planet?

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

The problem is that you are looking at a very short timespan and i think your source when it comes to tropical storms is wrong as well, since the sources i have seen showed a decline in the last decade.

Either way such weather and disasters seems to go through some sort of cycles that last longer than decades.

Earthquake and volcanic activity isnt that impressive if you look back a couple of centuries for example.

This is also why climate change science fails since they only look at last 30 years when history shows that warming and cooling cycles can last for decades-century.

Personally i think the sun might be responsible for some of these effects. Volcanic activity and earthquake activity is for some reason alot more common during grand solar minimums for unknown reasons.
edit on 25-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisX99

Originally posted by snowspirit
I've been trying to figure out lately if our earth's wobble and rotation have a play in this.
I saw a documentary the other day, that stated that the moon moves away from the earth by just under 1.5 inches per year. Very minor, but it'll add up oneday.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Just like keeping a plate spinning on a stick, the key is to have the plate spinning fast, as if it slows down it crashes to the floor. In a similar way, as the Earth's rotation slows down, our whole planet may start to slowly wobble and this will have a devastating effect on our seasons.

Now if our day shortens with the quakes, that means we're rotating faster ? while the moon moving away dictates that we should be rotating slower ?
I know, it's only micro seconds, but if combined with other factors ??

The earthquakes, Japan and Chili were said to have shortened the day, although only by micro seconds. Also said to have shifted the earth slightly, Chili by 3 inches, Japan by about 7 inches.

www.space.com...
www.nasa.gov...

In comparison, following last year's magnitude 8.8 earthquake in Chile, Gross estimated the Chile quake should have shortened the length of day by about 1.26 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 8 centimeters (3 inches). A similar calculation performed after the 2004 magnitude 9.1 Sumatran earthquake revealed it should have shortened the length of day by 6.8 microseconds and shifted Earth's figure axis by about 7 centimeters, or 2.76 inches.

How an individual earthquake affects Earth's rotation depends on its size (magnitude), location and the details of how the fault slipped. Gross said that, in theory, anything that redistributes Earth's mass will change Earth's rotation.

Our moon is responsible (I think) for keeping our wobble stable, but if bigger quakes are affecting our wobble, and our rotation, even if just slightly, our weather is likely to be unpredictable.

Maybe it's not enough change to matter, I don't know.

Could our galaxy even be going through a section of space that might be affecting us in some way?

I have not read all of the thread yet, but Snowspirit has touched on something I posted about a little while ago:

Link...

Basically, our solar system is currently moving through an energy cloud in space; the main tilt of my thread was that it is making our sun 'more active' and that some scientists suggest it may be the catalyst that will cause a major solar event. However, the link I am seeing here is that the increase in the suns activity would account for the increased 'fireballs' hitting our atmosphere. Whilst there is no absoulte connection between the fireballs and the increase of natural weather penomenon / earthquakes etc it make me wonder that if this 'energy cloud' can affect the sun, could it not also affect our atmosphere / planet?

Just a thought.

There is not increase in activity on the sun. The current solar cycle is lowest in AT LEAST a CENTURY and this maximum will be highly muted as well..
You clearly never researched how the sun behaves during a normal solar maximum.
This is the sun now getting close to a muted maximum:

This is the sun getting close to maximum in 2001:

This maximum is now expected to peak at around 60-80ssn average per month, while previous ones had over 150ssn on average.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
Meanwhile in the Sun... (remember sunspots are visible signs of solar activity and therefore indicate changes in Space and Earth weathers due to coronal ejections, solar winds and other activities)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b5b3162ff3e.png[/atsimg]

A slight increase, but still 400 years is a dramatically tiny window for long-living space creatures like the Sun. Here an 11.000 years sunspot reconstruction:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02d175bdba4b.png[/atsimg]

at its maximum height the Earth suffered from epic floods en.wikipedia.org... but since then we seem to be leveled. Still 11.000 a small window.

The increase seems irrefutable on the charts you posted,
our problems come in agreeing causes and meanings to it.

Interesting post!

edit on 25-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: en.wikipedia.org...

Not just a slight increase, but the most active over last decades in thousands of years: climatechange.thinkaboutit.eu...

But now we have moved into yet another period of low solar activity and we will probably never in our lifetime experience the activity we had during previous cycles.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

...La nina esta bada...ok...I don't speak spanish. But it's bad and will be getting worse.

Let me help. " La Niňa es mala" (La Niňa is bad).

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Extream weather, yes really there is nothing to see here, we live on a rock that spins around a giant nuclear explosion, and if you think that extreme weather is some kind of new phenomenon your head is in the sand.

What is more likely, is that we have had technology that we have not had for idk the beginning of humanity, and that we can report what is happening, and it is scarier than we ever used to imagine before the video camera...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

You asked where does the Co2 from Volcano's go.
The answer is the same as any Co2 as low as it can get, yes it is heavier than air and can only be in the air when carried there by eg., water vapour. There can only be more Co2 in the atmosphere if there is more water vapour, and there can only be more water vapour if it is warmer.
Don't forget without Co2 all the plants would die, and without the plants so would everything else including us.

Yes get rid of Co2 and kill the planet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join