It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Was set up by Debunkers = The Greatest conspiracy of all time !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
As you can probably tell im not very impressed with this place at all, dont get me wrong this site is very coherant. When i first arrived i thought, WoW, this is what ive been waiting for, A place where i can actively post my views, evidence and comments to a sea of intellects and "Like Minded" individuals who will send me on a never ending path of discovery.

I thought this site would be a medium in which one could write about the little coincidences hat seem to inevitably point to the fact that, an evil greedy breed of empathy-less, selfish, self-righeous conglomorate, control the world and have done for a very long time.

For example, if a music group or a particular film maker were to include "The All seeing eye" in their art form, i thought this would be the place to point it out and further discuss links and leads to why this symbol is being used in such a way (i.e La Noire and Green Lantern the movie). Instead what you get in an average thread is a majority of people who have either played the game, bought the tickets or watched the film, and who somehow feel like the creator of the thread is condeming them to hell for partaking in such entertainments.

Well heres a news flash, i purchased La Noire, Crysis 2, Halo Reach etc... and i go to the cinema every tuesday with the Mrs to watch films made by directors of films related to the "illuminati" "Nwo" theorys and im not going to hell if i can help it.

Also you get a wonderful bunch who somehow think it is their place in life to use this wonderful cyper stage to have little digs at you and your evidence or your beliefs. This group of people, if they cant find anything else to call or tag you with, will then use the old "Quote" button to point out spelling or grammar mistakes to get themselves a star or two.

I Once made a post simply pointing out some freemasonic buildings in my city, by the end of the thread, i had been deemed a half life, ill-educated, crazy sad being.

I have feel as if someone will rush on here and start an arguement that "this isnt actually the biggest conspiracy of all time" and i should have researched all the moderators personal backgrounds before i make such a claim.

It should be thrown in the "Hoax bin" or that i should re-edit the title to make it less dramatic. Its as if everyone on this ATS Boat expects every person who makes a post or indulges in a discussions, MUST be an ATS General otherwise their points and views aren't valid, its as if to post on ATS you must have an A Level or higher in English, its as if thousands of CIA Debunkers have been hired to flood ATS with negitive, degrading, pathetic comments to stem the flow of free and unbiased discussion.

My final point is to the moderators or the rule makers as i like to call them, you have created such a stiff unflexible forum, one feels as tho his breathing is being restricted when typing away in the text box, you have made this place what it is,

i once recieved a warning note for writing ....."100'000s" and not expressing myself in a suitable manner in which people could understand me, i was shocked that just because i had wrote, "Hundreds of thousands as a number, the post was under threat of being closed. Well Congrats guys, you've made a forum in which every post has to perfectly placed and perfectly written, where a heated debate immediately gets "Posts removed" and Thread Closed" "1000s (Thousands) of points have been deducted from you"

ATS has become a nightmare for people like me who thought this would be the place to be....and im not alone. My message is for those young posters or new arrivals to ATS who might be lucky enough to pass over this thread. You are about to be bombarded with negitive and pathetic comments, more so than the first day you wore a satchell to school or college. But dont ever let them take an inch, just because they have become "Online Warriors" and "Forum Perfectionists) always remind them that they have inevitably ended up in the same place as you. Tell them they ae just like the film "Basic instinct" ....Piece of S***
edit on 24-6-2011 by Desolo because: spelling mistakes, edited via ATS Social pressures

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Without Light You Have No Dark.

It's The Yin - Yang Philosophy.

Instead of Looking At The Negative, Use Those Words To Build A Positive.

Without challenges....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Say goodbye to this thread!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So you're mad that some people are jerks, and then decide to call us all jerks in return? You just seem angry that people here debunk a lot of what you post. sorry you feel that way

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Not every thing on this site is fact, you need an objective percentage of the membership to weed through the # to uncover the gems, as said above the ying to our yang.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I think we are all sorry you feel this way.

But I have to agree with setting some standards- It's what keeps this site ahead of the rest. If we all started slacking off do you think that the less open-minded would take us seriously?

Oh and BTW:

It should be thrown in the "Hoax bin"

It's more of a rant.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The majority of people dont even know whath the all seeing eye is anyway. They dont pay it any mind. I know I wouldnt, if i had no idea what it was. La Noire was amazing by the way.

+1 more 
link   
I dunno, I like it here. Best site on the net IMHO.

This site is a place for all kinds to openly debate and discuss all sorts of things. People disagreeing with you is a working part of the site, not a flaw within it.

If you want an open soapbox where you can say anything without others saying you are wrong, I suggest you build that site.

ATS was created with debate and discussion in mind...not to be "a place for all things to go unchallenged because you believe something".

Since you openly say you are not "impressed" with ATS, have you considered leaving? Maybe you can make a site yourself, so nobody can disagree with whatever you choose to type? Just trying to help.

MM

edit on 24-6-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
So you're mad that some people are jerks, and then decide to call us all jerks in return? You just seem angry that people here debunk a lot of what you post. sorry you feel that way

im not calling everyone jerks, nor am i calling you a jerk, but if youve ever done any of the above to boost your stars maybe you are a jerk

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky

We got the same thing from this thread.

If that is not its true meaning, its weird we both "felt" like it was.

MM

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You've gotta take the negative with the positive. Another valid point to make is that this site's motto is "Deny Ignorance," meaning that any claims, not speculations, you make naturally require some sort of research or evidence in support; just like any other valid argument in life. If you can't shrug off people who may disagree with you or even insult you, ATS is certainly not the place for you. Name-calling and the likes are immature, we can agree on that, but are pretty standard on ATS, as you noted.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Are you aware of how much silliness/bunk is on here? The usable info is by far outweighed by the nonsense.

Its VERY important to have people ripping the garbage apart, piece by piece, methodically and intelligently.

Without debunkers and REAL truth seekers, we would have a site filled with fairy hunters and goblin chasers.

I think you have been very heavy handed with the "debunker types"...when in fact the ONLY things wrong with this site are those posting known lies and disinfo.

I can forgive the debunkers for trying to cleanse ATS of hogwash...its a heroic duty.

MM
edit on 24-6-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

It is far from perfect and there is a lot of sloppy moderating but over all I think this is a pretty good website and better than many that are out there. To prove my point however earlier today I was disagreeing with a few posters in another thread who quickly resorted to calling me names and making their attacks personal.

I posted something that was completely off topic and was afraid it would be removed but it wasn't. Seems the OP of the thread and his ensuing posse got all confused and didn't realize it was a completely off topic reply.
Later on he alerted a moderator who to pacify him I guess, removed a post that was on topic just because it while not exactly insulting, did not show the OP in a flattering light.

I expected when I joined there would be some consistency but sometimes.... it is simply who you know and does this mod share a friendship with this person who is calling you out on a one liner? You guess maybe when there are a few one liners ahead of yours that go unnoticed.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Reviewing my post, its not worded in the best way haha

I wasn' t trying to sound rude haha

but yea, seems like somethhing here got you riled up, maybe try taking a short break? Thats what I do, come back in a few days and im good as new

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
"ATS Was set up by Debunkers"

Good, if there weren't debunkers we'd all still be living in the Dark Ages. Debunking is a vital part of gaining knowledge, otherwise every ludicrous claim would be considered fact.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
You've gotta take the negative with the positive. Another valid point to make is that this site's motto is "Deny Ignorance," meaning that any claims, not speculations, you make naturally require some sort of research or evidence in support; just like any other valid argument in life. If you can't shrug off people who may disagree with you or even insult you, ATS is certainly not the place for you. Name-calling and the likes are immature, we can agree on that, but are pretty standard on ATS, as you noted.

I hear you man, im a pretty hard up character who isnt easliy offended, nothing happens when your offended, but like the guy at the top of this post who's attitude was "Well if you dont like it,,,,,Leave" ATS should be the place to come and have a great discussion about the world going on no matter what genre or topic, but i think 95% of ATS Members are negitive, sheep-trolls. This site is wonderful like i said. its very coherant and inviting. im just shining light on the feel that ATS Now gives off !! Soul draining

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Where would Mulder have been without Scully? A raving nut house, that's where.

Seriously though, the world has enough 'yes' men and blind acceptance of ridiculousness. I'd prefer the site to be filled with 'debunkers' and skeptics over guys/gals who let slide every loony theory. Denying Ignorance doesn't just mean breaking from the flock of blind sheep but also includes being prepared to deny what you really would like to be true or perhaps believe, once confronted with facts (or lack thereof) that prove otherwise.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
"ATS Was set up by Debunkers"

Good, if there weren't debunkers we'd all still be living in the Dark Ages. Debunking is a vital part of gaining knowledge, otherwise every ludicrous claim would be considered fact.

i call BS, if some1 posts a pic of a UFO, merely to share the experience, ATS Members think they are being hoodwinked and abused, """HOW DARE HE POST A PICTURE OF AN UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT, HE'S AN IDIOT""" I MUST IDENTIFY THAT OBJECT, MY ONLINE LIFE DEPENDS ON IT""" why cant some things just be left as they are !! Thats exactly what ATS has become !!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Well, if they post it, then they should know that it WILL be scrutinized and analysed until it is debunked, or accepted to be extraordinary. Thats what we're here for, to weed out false claims and simple explanations. Its like goin to a soccer game and expecting basketball to not expect it to be scrutinized

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boreas
Where would Mulder have been without Scully? A raving nut house, that's where.

Seriously though, the world has enough 'yes' men and blind acceptance of ridiculousness. I'd prefer the site to be filled with 'debunkers' and skeptics over guys/gals who let slide every loony theory. Denying Ignorance doesn't just mean breaking from the flock of blind sheep but also includes being prepared to deny what you really would like to be true or perhaps believe, once confronted with facts (or lack thereof) that prove otherwise.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

if i spot a wierd looking thing in the clouds one day, that is to my eye looking like it may be using a "Cameleon like camouflage",,, i should be aloud to come on ATS and tell people about my experience, the only thing that stops me is the fact people will say..... "Have you got proof"...."No sorry"....."Oh well must have been a piece of dust in your eye" hahaha look out of your window and tell me how many "Yes" men you see?? tell me how many people if you posted an actual alien on your FB acc, would pay attention never mind debate wether its real or not..... get my point???
edit on 24-6-2011 by Desolo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2011 by Desolo because: s

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join