It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Atheists Angry Over 'Heaven' Street Sign Honoring Sept. 11 Victims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It is not a matter of getting offended at every little thing,...

It's the principle,...

I don't expect YOU to pay for the dissemination of my ideas...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid

I never said that it is right to use tax dollars to forward atheist agendas...

don't put words in my mouth...

Yet you still only came hear to complain about Christians and this small inexpensive street sign.

To use your own hypocritical words -GET IT?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Again,...sigh... You think it is just a "small inexpensive street sign"...

I disagree,...I did not come here to just COMPLAIN...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yeah, I imagine atheists don't notice the bigotry of other atheists towards Christians as much as they notice the bigotry of Christians toward atheists, and vice versa. Like sports fans, every fan base thinks they are getting screwed by the refs, but don't notice when the refs screw the other team lol. Still though, when you are an atheist and are surrounded by Christianity all the time, I can see how some atheists would be a little hostile and lash out, doesn't mean it's right, but I understand it. More tolerance, and more understanding, is needed by pretty much everybody.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
At one time people could put up nativity scenes in public. Now they can't. At one time everyone said Merry Christmas, now they are supposed to say Happy Holidays. How fair is that to them to lose their traditions because someone else was offended? Pretty soon, someone will be offended because they don't like the shoes you wear. Good grief!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Yeah, I imagine atheists don't notice the bigotry of other atheists towards Christians as much as they notice the bigotry of Christians toward atheists, and vice versa. Like sports fans, every fan base thinks they are getting screwed by the refs, but don't notice when the refs screw the other team lol. Still though, when you are an atheist and are surrounded by Christianity all the time, I can see how some atheists would be a little hostile and lash out, doesn't mean it's right, but I understand it. More tolerance, and more understanding, is needed by pretty much everybody.

Thank you for your lucid comments,... I appreciate it,...

I have encountered these kinds of responses ever since I left religion...

How does a non-religious person debate with religious people without being accused of being intolerant?...

I thought this discussion was about making EVERYONE pay for the beliefs of the majority...it seems the majority will have none of it...

"you can believe whatever you want to believe, as long as it is what I believe"...sigh...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Again,...sigh... You think it is just a "small inexpensive street sign"...

Um? how much do you think a street sign is worth compared to the city being sued by an atheist.

But the city has no intention of removing the sign. If that’s the case, Bronstein said he may consider a lawsuit.
www.foxnews.com...

I disagree,...I did not come here to just COMPLAIN...

I disagree

In your posts you didn`t come here to complain about athiests wasting your dollar.

Though you have posted a looonnng list of complaints that you notice daily that you say you turn a blind eye to,yet seize the opotuinity to sprout your hypocrasy over a small inexpensive street sign.

If your now worried about your dollar,take it up with Bronstein,and if its the cost of the street sign which also bothers you,I`m sure a Christian out there could pay for that with a bit of cash in his or her own wallet.What $50- $100 bucks?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

As an atheist I don't care about the sign, I've learned to ignore most things Christian, but atheists have every right to protest the sign if they want. If a Muslim sign went up, you can be sure there would be a huge firestorm from Christians, so I don't see why Christians are so upset that atheists are upset?
edit on 21-6-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

really? and no out cry from atheists about a muslim sign?

how about an atheist sign?

what would that look like?

err...sarcasm btw.

7 people from a firehouse are being honored with a sign.

not all 3000 victims, just maybe all 7 were christian. maybe the city didn't even pay for the sign and just granted

permission to rename the street.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I grow weary of running in circles with you...

BTW,... the movie CARS,... sucked...LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
really? and no out cry from atheists about a muslim sign?
how about an atheist sign?
what would that look like?
err...sarcasm btw.
7 people from a firehouse are being honored with a sign.
not all 3000 victims, just maybe all 7 were christian. maybe the city didn't even pay for the sign and just granted
permission to rename the street.

Where did I ever say no atheists would be upset with a Muslim sign? That's irrelevant to whether Christians would be upset or not. I just said they have the right to be upset, which they do, whether you agree with it or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I grow weary of running in circles with you...

Run in a straight line then,I can tell your getting dizzy.

BTW,... the movie CARS,... sucked...LOL

lol well I disagree

But when I chose the avarta I had no idea it was even a movie(I liked his cheeky grin),it wasn`t until a year or 2 when the Missus and myself were walking past a DVD shop and I saw the cover of the Cars DVD,My first thought was "arghhh! someone stole my avi!" I`ve since watched the movie and liked it.Each to their own.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

well you didn't say they would, either.

btw, muslims were murdered that day also.

christians would not object to a proper memorial for them

just not for the wack jobs that did it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Touche,.. my friend touche,...

BTW,... I want to visit Aussie Land before I die...

It seems like it's the only place left that isn't irradiated by Fukushima!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Err let me get thid right. The US economy is in the toilet. Our precious seas are dying. We are still a rich nation but woefully unhappy. Even honey bees are dying and the Atheists are upset about what???

To all atheists I yell "GET A LIFE"!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

I'm not foaming at the mouth because I am atheist,...

I'm foaming at the mouth because I'M A SERVANT OF THE DEVIL!!!! muaaahhaahhhaahh!!!! LOL!!!

That's the first correct statement you've written in this thread...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Wow aren't you cool. As if all atheists give a crap about this sign, as if "all" atheists need to "get a life." Just more blanket bigotry, not that anyone is surprised.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Thanks for showing up!!!

www.youtube.com...

LOL!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

I saw the other night on the news that the radiation from Fukushima is global,so we have not been spared.

But yeah come here you`ll enjoy yourself I`m sure,just watch out for our many bitey things and remember some of them are the locals

We better get back on topic coastlinekid,die scumbag athiests die!

(if in doubt,check cheeky grin)
edit on 22-6-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well if that is the case I think the mosque should go up near ground zero.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I'm a Christian on the internet, and I'm constantly surrounded by atheism all the time. Can I lash out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join