It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You all pay a Zionist Tax at the grocery store

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Are you like the millions of other American families struggling paycheck to paycheck? Are you having a difficult time providing necessities for your family? Is it becoming increasingly difficult to purchase all you need due to the high price of food? Despite billions upon billions of dollars of American taxpayer money going to Israel every single year, Americans are also supporting the Zionist state by simply purchasing goods from their local supermarket.

www.youtube.com...

This is not some unsubstantiated conspiracy. It is a fact. Please begin to recognize all the symbols on your products that represent this Zionist tax. When confronted with this truth, many supporters of the Zionist state say it is for the good of the people as it ensures healthier foods. However, one also pays this Zionist tax on non-consumable items such a tin-foil. This is extremely disturbing on so many levels. Why is it done so surreptitiously? Hardly anyone I know even know they are paying this tax!
edit on 21-6-2011 by digginapony because: edit

edit on 21-6-2011 by digginapony because: edit

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't even know who or what the Zionist is. And what are the symbols?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by digginapony

There is actually something to this but I'm not sure it is a conspiracy. If a company wants to certify that their products are kosher then they must pay a fee for a rabi to inspect the manufacturing process. The company is then allowed to put certain symbols on the packaging. I used to know what the different symbols meant but i cannot remember. Companies are not required to get certified.

Yes this does drive the price of the product up but I would be willing to bet it is miniscule.

What I do find strange is that Jews make up less than 1.7% of the U.S. population but it seems that 75% of products on the shelf are certified. I bought garbage bags last year and noticed the certified symbol. Why in the world would garbage bags need to be kosher?
edit on 21-6-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Mod's do with me as you will, but the above is my response to this. It is all this topic deserves.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i think this story has been debunked on here before..i'm sure someone will explain.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The real answer from Snopes.....

Kosher certification companies do charge for this service, which is the backbone of the "secret tax" claim — it costs money to obtain and maintain kosher certification, thus this is an extra expense a manufacturer must bear if he's determined upon having that certification. Where the rumor and reality part ways, however, is where the money goes. Fees paid to kosher certification companies go to keeping those businesses afloat with the profits siphoned off by those companies' owners; they do not flow off into some special Jewish fund used to advance Zionist causes. These are businesses, not charities, and those who run them do so with every expectation of making a living, in the same manner that someone who owns a hardware store does so with the notion of making enough from the endeavor to support himself and his family.

Clearly this would only be of interest to a genuine Jew Hater and Anti-Semite.

This is out of control on ATS. I'm saddened by how often these hate threads are appearing here.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Wow, very interesting. As I watched the video I was thinking that this is some BS, but then my curiosity got the best of me and I looked over the label of the 32oz bottle of Vitamin Water "Power-C" that I'm currently drinking and there is a circle with the letter "U' inside. I Googled this... it is commonly referred to as the "Circle U", and stands for "Orthodox Union" (the circle is actually the letter O). It turns out that the Orthodox Union is a Jewish organization that claims to be "The World's Largest Jewish Resource". Apparently the Circle U is one of many Kosher marks letting Jews know that it is OK to consume the product. I don't know if this is a Zionist conspiracy, or if there is any hidden tax involved, but it is certainly interesting to say the least. By the way, Vitamin Water is owned by Coca-Cola, and I have no idea why that would be relevant.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Kosher certification companies do charge for this service, which is the backbone of the "secret tax" claim — it costs money to obtain and maintain kosher certification, thus this is an extra expense a manufacturer must bear if he's determined upon having that certification. Where the rumor and reality part ways, however, is where the money goes. Fees paid to kosher certification companies go to keeping those businesses afloat with the profits siphoned off by those companies' owners; they do not flow off into some special Jewish fund used to advance Zionist causes. These are businesses, not charities, and those who run them do so with every expectation of making a living, in the same manner that someone who owns a hardware store does so with the notion of making enough from the endeavor to support himself and his family.

This is out of control on ATS. I'm saddened by how often these hate threads are appearing here.

Relax. I dont think the OP is anti semetic at all for bringing this up. It seems to me that he brings up valid questions. This has been debunked by Snopes.com because there really is no tax. The cost of the inspections is added into the cost of the product. Im sure the cost is miniscule but it would be interesting to know what the cost actually is.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Relax. I dont think the OP is anti semetic at all for bringing this up. It seems to me that he brings up valid questions.

Yes. especially when it involves anything Jewish or concerning Israel.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by digginapony

This is not some unsubstantiated conspiracy. It is a fact.

Actually it's a blatant lie which has been debunked repeatedly here on ATS and on many other sites.

Hardly anyone I know even know they are paying this tax!

That would probably be because it doesn't exist and therefore they aren't paying anything.

Once again, an example of a bigoted youtube video being produced as "evidence" of something nefarious.

Once again, an example of a thread that would never have been created had the OP endeavored to do some research rather than simply believe a clearly biased youtube presentation.

So where are the fallacies? Well, let's see...

1) The symbols on foods to indicate whether a product is kosher or not is clearly displayed. If they wanted to hide themselves I'm not sure why they would print the symbol in the first place. You would simply buy the product on the money would go to the "evil Zionists" in Israel. Why put the symbol on at all if you're trying to hide it from people.

2) The companies that provide the kosher certifications are based in the United States. There are also companies in other countries that provide certifications there. I have personally seen such certifications in Canada and in the UK, and in products from Australia (though I was not in Australia myself).

3) The symbols have a very simple meaning. I'll do the favor of repeating what's already been in other threads to save folks some time. There are some religions which do not permit their followers to eat certain foods. For example Jews and Muslims can't eat pork. In a nation such as ours which allows people to practice their religions freely it should not surprise anyone that such dietary laws are observed by those religious adherents. In a nutshell, the symbol being put on a food means that the food does NOT contain any ingredient that would be unacceptable to that religion. So you'll see a symbol on Coke or on M&M's but you won't see the symbol on pork rinds or on bacon strips. The symbol is a statement saying "Such and such company is hereby certifying that this product is Kosher/Halal." Horribly conspiratorial isn't it... the expectation that people should be allowed to know what is in their foods.

4) Everyone's favorite topic... the MONEY. Well, it's a simple thing really... If you want your factory, processing plant, bottler, etc to be inspected and certified, you have to pay for someone to certify it. So yes, the companies that have these symbols on them are paying for the certification. It's called a BUSINESS DECISION. The companies in question have decided that having their products open to a new market of religious consumers is worth the added cost of the certification. These are billion dollar companies. If the certification wasn't adding to their bottom line they would no longer pay for it. They didn't get big by being stupid.

5) It is interesting that an initiative to permit people to observe their religions in America can be portrayed as a "Zionist" conspiracy when seemingly the only connection to Zionism is the fact that the people who have to observe Kosher are Jews.

No consumer is forced to look at products on the shelf and say "oh I MUST buy the one with the Jew symbol on it." A consumer that is not a member of a faith with dietary laws does not have to purchase a product with their symbols on it. Availability does not equal requirement.

Take a food that can NEVER have such certification, like bacon. Do you honestly believe that there are people out there who can say "haha every time I buy bacon I'm sticking it to the evil Jews because they can't tax this one!" seriously? Do you honestly believe that if there was some hideous Jew conspiracy to rip innocent people off at the market they wouldn't have figured out a way to slap a stamp on the piggies?

The information I've written here and MUCH more is easily researched by anyone who has a computer with an internet connection, or even anyone with a telephone.

Blaming everything on the Zionist boogeyman is tiresome. There is enough insanity going on in that region to be able to sling blame at people without resorting to tired, old, repetitive, misinformed and bigoted means.

Nearly every word in the OP was blatantly false. You don't have to take my word for it. Go to a supermarket. Do a real internet search without relying on daviddukes and jewwatches etc. Make a phone call and find out for yourself.

Real research is so rewarding...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I watched the youtube video and take back what I said. It does seem like propaganda.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I watched the youtube video and take back what I said. It does seem like propaganda.

Surely your not suggesting that digginapony has been duped? Oh no, he's usually so unbiased and factual in his threads and posts, isn't he? Yeah right!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I vote for the installation of an idiot tax on people who believe this garbage. I mean, come on, this is a stretch even by ATS standards.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Products that are Kosher certified can only be labeled after paying a fee to rabbis to certify the product in questions. Part of the money you pay for the product in your local grocery store is factored in to the price to be given to the Jewish organizations. The money generated is in the multimillions annually. As one poster already mentioned, products such as garbage bags and tin-foil are also kosher certified. Where is the "blatant lie."

Everyone please be discerning and judge for yourselves. This poster uses the old Zionist tactic of calling it a lie. Please look and see if many products do have these symbols which represent being kosher certified. Once you realize they do, then look into see how this is done and if a company has to pay for this service. You can then ask yourselves why certain posters come out and say things are a "blatant lie." Do not take my word for it. Be discerning and look for yourselves.

USS Liberty
Lavon Affair
King David Hotel
Rachel Corrie
5 Dancing Israelis

P.S. It is amazing how some call this propaganda to incite the masses. No one even knows about this and it is never discussed in the media. It is like the old lie that a certain people hold all the positions to be scapegoats in the future. Any group that would put another group in such positions would lose their power. Imagine the power of the media alone. Anyone who comes out to express the truth would be sidelined or Mel Gibsoned so fast. It makes no sense. Why are we being bombarded with reports of abuse in the church which only loses the church followers, thereby losing power and money. Look into all the abuse cases of rabbis. Most never even knew they existed as they are never reported. The sexual abuse of rabbis is proportionately greater yet no one knows of this. No one knows there have been more spies caught spying on the US from Israel than any other country. Look into Jonathan Pollard, for starters. It is an ugly truth, but it is all around you. Who benefits from these policies being implemented? Our heroes are dying in at least 4 Muslims countries right now. These countries were not threats to the US. To whom were they threats? Is there a country in that region that would benefit from their beign weakened?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I absolutely approve of an idiot tax.

Are you saying that companies do not pay rabbinical organizations to Kosher certify their products? Are you saying there are also no symbols on these products to denote this certification? You do realize this is standard practice. Anyone in any major food company understands this as much as they understand paying a tax for the state in which they conduct their business. The only difference is most of the public done not know about paying extra for rabbinical certification. I just cannot believe you are putting your reputations on the line by saying something is not true when it is absolutely true, published, and part of business.

Just so we are clear:

Are you saying that companies do not pay rabbinical organizations to Kosher certify their products? Are you saying there are also no symbols on these products to denote this certification?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You did not read a word of my post.

Well, maybe the opening line. Nothing else.

Your statement that people are paying a "Zionist Tax" at the grocery store is false. The person who created the youtube video that your "facts" are based on is a liar.

As for me? You can claim that I'm using "Zionist tactics" all you want. You can also throw out every possible term you want in order to get people rallied up against Israel no matter how irrelevant they may be to this thread.

The bottom line is you watched a video that was made to mislead people and you were taken in by it.

I posted plenty of my own research, yet you refuse to do your own other than youtube videos and talking points copied directly from hate sites.

But it's ok... keep telling yourself that I'm just using "Zionist tactics" if that makes you believe this astonishingly hateful factless theory.

I have a thick skin... go ahead.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OP, now you know, always walk on pins and needles when discussing zionism
now if you want to talk about asians,blacks, purples, islam, christians, aliens, lions, tigers, bears, birds, etc, and so forth, your fine

REMEMBER

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Except as mentioned repeatedly this has absolutely nothing to do with Zionism.

Why does anyone have a problem with religious people knowing that a product is acceptable for their use?

Do you have similar problems with the extra fee taken on by food companies to make sure there are no peanut products in a food? Does a Halal stamp offend you as well?

Or is it only the "Zionist" symbol (which has nothing to do with Zionists) that upsets you?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
...will this conspiracy theory never die?

Jews rule the world. Jews hold all of the world's wealth. They have big noses. They're like rats (or pigs, or whatever it is this week. Monkeys, maybe?). They're selling us kosher garbage bags. For the love of all that is good, somebody help us!!!!

/end sarcasm

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Tedious isn't it?

Incidentally, I still haven't seen anyone explain to me where the poor innocent shoppers are being "forced" to buy something Kosher anyways.

I guess that old saying holds true about never allowing facts to ruin a good story. The problem is it's just these kinds of stories that breed hatred.
edit on Jun 21st 2011 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join