It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sink holes swallowing asphalt, pipes and lots of patience" 21/6/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The huge sinkholes are swallowing asphalt, pipes, and lots of patience. "It's a big inconvenience. It took us out of the way. I had to go around three ways," said the driver.

An uncontrollable inconvenience that will effect us all in the not so far distant future I expect. How many people in your country know about these 'sink holes'?

Its interesting to note that media coverage on this subject is extremely sparse and that they would much prefer to fill your head with nonsensical issues that wind you up each day only to be completely forgotten about the next than to offer the facts to those who want to listen.

The reality is that these holes and natural fissures are appearing all around the world and it doesn't take a genius to work out that something under our own very feet is going

I must point out here that contrary to other beliefs I am not implying the end of the world is coming and that we are soon to be nothing but a pile of dust I am merely stating that something is happening to our planet and we should all start sharing what we know with others less fortunate.

Link to source

edit on 21-6-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

This is exactly why ATS is so important, mainstream media is not going to join the dots for us, so we, as a community, have to do it ourselves. Better to be prepared than be woken up by a cataclysmic event in your own back garden.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I don't think sinkholes are a new phenomenon, although you will probably hear about them more than you would have before the advent of the internet. They could possibly get more common due to ageing sewer systems, which can create large sinkholes when they rupture. But natural sinkholes have been occuring throughout history.

In NZ, they are often known by the maori word for hole, which is "tomo". These sinkholes are invaluable for geologists and paleontologists, as they often harbour the remains of previous animal life, which got trapped in there. For example, remains of Moa, which were once the largest bird in the world, can often be found in ancient tomo's. Sometimes even the remains of the Haast Eagle, which was once the largest bird of prey, are found. Sadly these birds are now extinct.

I agree that something is happening to our planet. But our opinions may differ in that I believe that "something" has always been happening on our dynamic planet, and some people are only just starting to take notice.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Here is a link to another recent thread about this subject........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I personally find the concept of a big hole opening up beneath my feet and swalling me and everything around me somewhat disturbing !!

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Here is a link to another recent thread about this subject........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I personally find the concept of a big hole opening up beneath my feet and swalling me and everything around me somewhat disturbing !!

PDUK

16 flags, this only goes to show what I have been saying all along unfortunately it seems that all the good threads are being swallowed up by the one liner you tube video threads what a shame.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned
I agree that something is happening to our planet. But our opinions may differ in that I believe that "something" has always been happening on our dynamic planet, and some people are only just starting to take notice.

I understand what you are saying and I am not so arrogant to assume that these 'sink holes' are a new phenomenon that pertain solely in the new millenium far from it. However, as mankinds infrastucture grows, roads, factories,nuclear plants,cities e.t.c I certainly believe that these 'inconveniences' will escalate beyond our control and will have a severe impact on each of our lives. Whether it be an unpassable blocked road or a swallowed up city is anyones guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by regularbonj
reply to post by franspeakfree

This is exactly why ATS is so important, mainstream media is not going to join the dots for us, so we, as a community, have to do it ourselves. Better to be prepared than be woken up by a cataclysmic event in your own back garden.

I agree about sharing ideas and joining the dots as a community but the community has to agree on what dots need joining. The problem with a large community like ATS is that many of its members think they are right and this creates friction when assumptions are trumped by facts.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I support the expando earth theory, and I think the sink holes and cracks appearing on the earth are all part of this.

See how all the continents fit together like a jigsaw puzzle:

Expanding earth
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hi Fran; It is my belief that the majority of the sinkholes are an ongoing part of every day nature at work; I also believe that man and his rapidly growing rapidly changing construction and expansion of infra-structure contributes greatly to the appearance of some of these sinkholes;

plus, most any event can instantaneously travel the info super highway and be public knowledge in seconds that 30 years ago would take weeks or months to be known in the public sector...

but I also give some thought to the expanding earth theory, just haven't enough information to do more than sit on the fence on it for now...

Good thread for thoughts, Fran.

seeker

top topics

join