It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outbreak of Sink holes.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is really starting to spook me out. While my husband I were discussing it, he mentioned it's really no big deal and that sinkholes have occurred since time immemorial. And I do agree that he is correct.

But it still very creepy and reminds me of the film 2012 when the earth's crust begins to give way.

Sinkholes - A Sign of the Times?

Bizarre reports of gaping holes in the ground continue to come in from all over the place – in cities, on the open roads, in the countryside. Many of the ‘sinkholes’ you’ll see below have been individually explained away as happening due to heavy rainfall during storms, old leftover constructions from mining and subsidence caused by some nearby disturbance – either natural or man-made. The cause of others, however, remain mysterious. I think the important thing to consider is why so many of these sinkholes are appearing at once.

There are several images on that page beginning in 2006 and occurring as early as a couple of days ago.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
this seems to be happeneing more and more over the last few years. some sites you might be intrested in

Weird, Strange and Amazing Sinkholes

that one is amazing some very weird ones like

the devils sink hole
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6f04311f0d6.jpg[/atsimg]

Guatemala Sinkhole
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d85f9302345c.jpg[/atsimg]

that site has 4 pages worth

also this one is freaky look how deep it goes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d7cf9b975af.jpg[/atsimg]

source

www.weirdasianews.com...

just a few occurences anyway

i wonder if this could be related to the weird hums and noises?
Investigating the Weird hums, booms and tremors - my ats thread investigating it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Living in Florida where these are common kind of freaks me out. I don't like unexpected phenomena like this nor do I care for tornadoes. You don't have time to prepare like a hurricane. I have been pretty close to sink holes and honestly 2012 didn't help! I have had thoughts of something that big opening up and swallowing up my condo!

This one sink hole was really interesting and deep

www.sott.net...

That one is just wow!! It swallowed an entire corner!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Yeah, that is one of the one featured in the article. Definitely the eeriest one, IMHO. Apparently it swallowed a 3 story building when it collapsed.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I've increasingly noticed a lot of these as well..

Can't say this is directly related, but remember the Michigan crack that happened a little while back, that is supposedly widening?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Expression said it all for me.
edit on 12/6/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

that vid was awsome

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Here is one in Flordia that is almost 6 stories deep:

Looks like it was created in March.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
of course though not all sinkholes are huge, spare a thought for this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d2851234631.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What is that? lol It looks like a sand lion hole.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

lol weird mini sinkhole at destin beach apparently lol saw it on flickr made me chuckle

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'd love to see all of the big sinkholes on put on a map somewhere. We might could infer something from that. I think we can leave the fiddler crab sinkhole off it though (sorry,
).

Here's one for Florida www.cnnfoundationtech.com... but I want to see one, for the world. I'm going to look for a GE overlay on this.
edit on 12/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nothing New.

edit on 12-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Scary indeed !

Last month, sinkholes made the headlines here in Quebec. A field full of holes near Quebec city. Heavy rainfall is the common answer given by authorities but my paranoia scale jumps up a few notches every time just the same...

Interesting times we are living in !

thesinkhole.org...

S&F.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
AshleyD

This is definitley a scary prospect, driving along and then suddenly vanishing down into the depths of the earth !!!

www.swfwmd.state.fl.us...

This link suggests how they are formed and got me thinking ....... The process of Fracking the ground to extract oil or gas must surely dis-lodge the equilibrium under the ground..... the process need not be immeadiately next to the sinkhole but surely be a potential cause by shifting the earth ever so slightly..

PDUK

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thanks for bringing that up. I'm a bit ignorant on it but from what I understand (or at least from what I read) is that the fracking/drilling is disturbing the earth's crust. As in, the oil serves as 'earth's lubricant' and removing it in the amounts it is removed causes all sorts of issues like sink holes and earthquakes.

I am not sure if that is true- that is just how I understand it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

S & F

It's just kind of creepy isn't it? That super-deep looking one probably cost a lot of people their underwear.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thanks for bringing that up. I'm a bit ignorant on it but from what I understand (or at least from what I read) is that the fracking/drilling is disturbing the earth's crust. As in, the oil serves as 'earth's lubricant' and removing it in the amounts it is removed causes all sorts of issues like sink holes and earthquakes.

I am not sure if that is true- that is just how I understand it.

FYI (and I don't want to get your thread off track)... Fracking extracts natural gas, not oil, by injecting gobs of yucky chemicals into the earth to extract it thereby contaminating the water table.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very freaky.

Is it just me or do they seem to appear more often underneath or close to concrete/asphalt?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Dammit, I wish I took a pic, but last week when en route home a street was blocked off and I had to go around the next block. Upon reaching the other side I noticed that there was a big hole in the street (roughly 6 feet in diameter).
The police were the only ones on hand. I asked what had happened and he laughed and said, "hell just opened", he went on to say that the street just opened and fell in. They were waiting for the county DPW trucks to arrive and see what they could determine.

I am going to see if any local posts were made here, if so I will post em.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join