It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things That the Mainstream Media is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

So again, I'm sure there are many scenarious that can be selected from depending on what that opposition will look like.

This is true, Egyptia, I have to agree.

Please don't think I'm trying to discount your concerns because I do agree with you that there is probably much more to come that is going to push the American people up against a wall, and we will have to respond. I have trouble accepting some of the more extreme scenarios posed by some on ATS, though. For instance, I have trouble visualizing martial law being enforced across America in light of the fact so many of our troops are fighting wars abroad. Martial law would require a military presence in every city in the country. This is not a country the size of Greece or Spain. If this is what is being considered by TPTB, I think they have grandiose illusions for a plan that will ultimately be their undoing.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Of course not, deflect deflect deflect. As long as you dont have to answer for your statements. This is why I dont get into discussions, most of the time the other person can keep up with me. Bye Bye

I'm wondering why you keep saying "bye-bye" only to return!

I have a feeling the reason you don't "get into discussions" has nothing to do with others not being able to keep up with you and everything to do with the fact you don't seem to know what the topic of discussion is about from one person to the next.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Out of that list, the British MSM has reported on:

* Fort Calhoun nuclear facility in Nebraska

* Fukushima

* China flooding

* Arizona wild fires

Maybe it's just an American-centric thing where you see something not being reported on in the US and think that no one in the world knows other than those on alternative media outlets? Wouldn't surprise me, much as I love the US and its people, the ego in thinking the universe revolves around them is amazing and ridiculous all at once.

US involvement in Yemen and Pakistan is often reported here too, possibly the most reported on the list. it's no secret. 4, 6, 10, and 11 are strange but us-centric, so I wouldn't have expected to hear of them. 12 is just a misunderstanding of the no-fly zone data.

so the only two general-interest stories i've not heard about are 7 (the sinkholes) and 9 (north korean EMP).

interesting article though

edit: sorry, didn't mean to reply to something from 5 pages back! still getting used to this site...
edit on 21-6-2011 by deselby because: apology

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Which is why I watch Democracy Now every weekday at 8am EST and get most of my news from here or other internet sources and progressive media. You can't rely on corporate owned institutions to tell the truth when their shareholders will take a hit.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
OK I didn't get a chance to read the link maybe be cause its not good now, but I have few few things that are being kept quiet.
1. Radiation in the air throughout the world
2, Radiation in the ocean throughout the world
3. the US invading Yemen
4. the US invading Syria
5. Why we do not call this WW3 when the US is fighting wars on 5 fronts- Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen and Syria

6. Do we expect everyone to like us? Are you kidding?
7. Why do we even care about Israel when they don't care about us?
8. Why don't we let the financial system collapse? i would really like to see responses on this..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I’m addicted to finding the truth, and when the economy is headed towards a cliff, there’s nothing but bad news.

America can NEVER repay its debts. The entitlement programs are going bankrupt. And inflation / hyperinflation will erode what’s left of the Dollar’s value.

There’s a lot of important news right now that is just not being reported. People need to know so that they can take action. It’s going to get worse and many people will not survive the upcoming crisis.

endoftheamericandream.com...
edit on 20-6-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

of course it is not being reported, casey anthony is SOOOO much more important to these sheep... if only we could just get our national priorities straight

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

i sure do wish the links were working, as id love to read what everyone else is posting on. what for example is #9?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I see that so many here are in search for the truth...it is Exhausting, I'm sure many can agree with that statement. The essence of truth will NEVER be found by looking on the internet, or reading the newspapers, or watching your Television...the truth will only be found through self-observation and deep introspection...

You want to protect yourself from all the "chaos" that alternative news is feeding you? You want to protect yourself and your family from Nibiru, Planet X, Brown Dwarfs, Nuclear Meltdowns, Natural Disasters, Food Shortages, etc...I have one very important suggestion for you: Stop stressing, stop worrying, learn how to grow your own food, learn survival tacticts, meditate, be active, practice yoga or any other practice that opens muscles and calms the mind at the same time...self observation will increase your intuition, the best protection human beings have is INTUITION, some call it the third Eye, Intueri...

Please be there for yourself first, then you will be able to be there for others

wokensoul.blogspot.com...

edit on 22-6-2011 by wokensoul because: bad link

edit on 22-6-2011 by wokensoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Its pretty odd how the media is rarely talking about the war now.Nice post.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The MSM is not talking about:

COMET ELENIN

- will eclipse the sun on Sept 26-27
- at only 35 million km
- comet Elenin tail will bathe the entire earth and non stop comet debris will hit earth the entire October
- all satellites are at RISK!

Can you imagine what would happen to our communications if ALL satellites went down?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by notalemming

i sure do wish the links were working, as id love to read what everyone else is posting on. what for example is #9?

The link is working fine for me, Im not sure why you are having trouble. Go to google and type in 12 Things That The Mainstream Media Is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now. That should work for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here is a mirror site:

www.benzinga.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Lets not forget this.

In this day and age we are all reporters and most of us are armed with cameras etc.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There is an old saying...the idiom..."Wag The Dog".....it means ..."to purposely divert attention from what would otherwise be of greater importance, to do something of lesser significance. By doing so, the lesser-significant event is catapulted into the limelight, drowning proper attention to what was originally the more important issue."

That is what Mainstream Media does...they "Wag The Dog"....I am so very glad and grateful that we all have ATS and the wonderful savvy members who daily inform us of many truths...we may have missed.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

#3 The crisis at Fukushima continues to get worse. Arnold Gundersen, a former nuclear industry senior vice president, recently made the following statement about the Fukushima disaster....

This crazy, yet it doesn't surprise me that the Japanese would try to save face they are a proud people. Watch this video and you will learn the truth about how much they covered up and how severe this crises really is.

This video was released 1 day ago.

-Alien

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't watch television I get most of my news from presstv, tarpley, and RT. I had no idea about Fort Calhoun. I saw videos of it by RT though. Does anyone else have trouble talking to people about "conspiracy"? When I try to talk about current events my family puts up a moron defense or something. A lot of the time they will pretend like they can't here me. They watch tv so much, they dont read #. I hate reality tv because its everywhere. What should I do? Is there a sob forum that I missed? Thank you

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've not been on ATS for a few days, but I have to say that I did see almost that entire list on the MSM only reported somewhat better than on that site. A couple of items are overblown however and I did not see anything about NK on the News.

Looks to me like a site to scare people into buying the products peddled there. (Do people really buy the plated coins? Why? Ten cents worth of precious metal on cheap base metal is worth what? A quarter?
) I'm not big on fear mongering to sell products.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CoRiBu

I run into people who don't want to hear because they think they can't do anything about it. Some people say I'm barking up the wrong tree and that the Liberal Media is the conspirator trying to eliminate God and Christan morals. There are, however, those who just knowingly nod, waiting for the world to change. We have the power to boycott, implement utopian ideas at the local level, and disseminate information and instruction.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by goodsamaritan
The MSM is not talking about:

COMET ELENIN

- will eclipse the sun on Sept 26-27
- at only 35 million km
- comet Elenin tail will bathe the entire earth and non stop comet debris will hit earth the entire October
- all satellites are at RISK!

Can you imagine what would happen to our communications if ALL satellites went down?

Scary thing if you're right about that. Complete loss of satellites/communication during possibly the worst catastrophe mankind has endured, total chaos for sure.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

manhood issues?

The anti-American angle is getting old and quite pathetic.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join