It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins kept vigil on Irishman's body

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Source

I thought this story needed to be shared. Especially since a lot of bad is in the news as of late.

Here are a few passages from the article.

Shaun McBride, from Co Donegal, died in a tragic accident less than two weeks ago in Dampier, Western Australia, when scaffolding collapsed into the water beneath him.

Speaking ahead of the funeral, Perth-based priest Fr Joe Walsh said the family had found comfort when he told them about the dolphins’ remarkable vigil. Fr Walsh said: “We’ve learnt that a few hours after the accident when divers went to retrieve his body, they saw a big pod of dolphins swimming around him. “And there was one dolphin that was using its nose to try to lift the body up to the surface. “But it wasn’t able to do so because the body was caught up in the scaffolding.”

Nature never ceases to amaze me.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
yes, thank you for posting that on a dreary monday morning, dolphins are so beyond our understanding, such highly intelligent creatures, and that is an amazing story... so long and thanks for all the fish!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

Absolutely inspiring story thank-you so much for sharing it.

Woody

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
And to think, people scoff when others say dolphins should be classified as people, too.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
and not to mention "people scoff Dolphins too" strange race us humans ?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Truly remarkable creatures, those dolphins.

Reminds me of stories that dogs would stay by their deceased owners.

Animals are incredible creatures.
Seems that they have more compassion for us then we do for them.

All we humans do is trash their habitat.
Well, some...not all.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Beautiful...just beautiful...
Thank you for posting, I might of missed this and it just seems, at the moment, to be more important than anything else on the boards combined. IMHO of course.
peace

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
that's why I love dolphins and wish that one day I will have a chance to play with them , they are better than humans , at least these days.

thanx for sharing this beautiful story with us.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The world around us is so much more than a petting zoo for our despondent and immensely destructive species. I find solace in knowing that animals obviously have more compassion than our own neighbors.
Thank you for posting a truly heartening story.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is a great story thanks for posting it op.I love dolphins truly intelligent creatures. They taste pretty good to, when i was in Japan i had some dolphin fin soup, havent seen any here in the states. Anyways these dolphin stories always amaze me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Nice story, but not so cheerful to learn that we have to tell stories about dolphins to find humanity, selflessness, common decency, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

We are ALL together. Some of us have just been blocked spiritually from original connections to NATURE. It seemes the dolphins sensed his harm and were attracted to his energy output and they tried to assist. This is major intelligence being takin for granted as many do pollute thier homes and yet they still LOVE.

I love doplphins I used to ask my parents can I have one live in the bath tub as a child. RIP to the who lost his life.

Be well

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Innumerable amount of deaths caused by Our ways of farming, greed, and lust for more power over nature, for more food and water, for more dominance. Species extinct and lost, helpless to Our united wrath. Each fish, each bird, each insect, a different part of the infinity, all lost to Our negligence.

Yet dolphins help of their own free will. Don't bring your 'forced love' where you have to force yourself to love others by singing kumbya in here, it adds to the sickening fire that We can destroy and pillage, then hold hands around the bones of everything we've killed, and sing kumbya, worshiping yet fearing death at the same time.

How long until the dolphins go extinct by tuna farming? How long until one of the few species left that protects us, even as we destroy ourselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Really nice story this. The man who died came from pretty near where I live here in Donegal and there was a lot of shock and sadness when the accident was first reported, but I believe the way the dolphins stayed with him until he was recovered by the divers did give a great deal of comfort.

Its all the more poignant by the fact that his mother said that he had a great love of dolphins from an early age and she also said that most of the drawings he did as a child were of dolphins.

Really goes to show that we don't really appreciate the life that is all around us and just how intelligent some of that life is.

RIP Shaun

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thank you for the affirmation the world isn't f'cked. Whenever something like this happens just reminds me that nature hasn't given up on us"MAN". Totally planning to swim with the dolphins in the future...i have always appreciated them....but this really makes me want to "swim with the dolphins"...amazing story...and the idea of the pictures as a child and his affinity towards dolphins is very inspiring to say the least
Again THANK YOU OP!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This gives me memories of watching Flipper as a child.
www.youtube.com...
Mans best friend in the water.
We need to be able to communicate with dolphins.
I'm sure we can learn from them at a higher level but by example for now works.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
....I love dolphins truly intelligent creatures. They taste pretty good to....

That blows my mind.. that's why we can't have nice things =)
edit on 20-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Dolphins are the dogs of the sea. They always come up and look at people in boats, and if you're walking along the sound shore line in the morning. They are so sweet.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Sorry to offend you buddy, but I have a pretty simple outlook on life. If it tastes good eat it and If it tastes bad spit it out. I do love dolphins and would never go out of my way to hurt one. But if its on the menu and it seems pretty exotic, then damn I want to try it. Guess you could say im like that fat guy on the Travel channel Andrew Zimmer something I'm an adventerous eater.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join