It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drop the ''Deny Ignorance'' Motto A.T.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's simple really, ATS uses the motto of deny ignorance and I say that it's completely hypocritical to use such words.

The reason being that there are certain topics that are taboo, these topics are not allowed here. No, I'm not talking about child molestation, murder, rape and mutilation e.c.t, no, these subjects as grotesque as they are are deemed acceptable here even though A.T.S is deemed a family site, fair enough, information is information.

The subject in question, the 'taboo' subject pertains to a well known plant which is legal in some countries and not in others. To clarify, this thread isn't about whether the discussion about these naturally growing plants should be allowed, we know that it is not, this thread is in direct relation to the hypocritical nature of the 'deny ignorance' motto. The hypocrisy is undeniable and the motto should be removed from the site.

Again, it's generally accepted that we are not allowed to discuss these beneficial plants here so please focus only on the hypocrisy otherwise the excuse to close the thread will be given. I haven't even used the proper title for the plants as it seems as soon as the words are even mentioned threads get closed.

So, does anyone else agree that the motto should be removed? If not why not? How can a site boldly use 'deny ignorance' as it's standard and at the same time actively surpress a subject that is.....well.....you get my point.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i would think that the drug conspiracy would cover the plant/plants in question would it not? and i've seen that discussion numerous times. I mean, I really don't understand what the fuss is about. because while this forum exists for conspiracy's mainly, there are also sites devoted to plants of all kinds.

as for the motto, I really think there are bigger things to deny than what ever discussion about plants could crop up.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

I think that we should discus this matter , because we should all know how to raise these plants , how to smoke them , how to get a better result .

stop the hypocrisy. any one who should

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yea the deny ignorance is far over used especially when some one doesn't haven't evidence to support their claims

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The subject in question, the 'taboo' subject pertains to a well known plant which is legal in some countries and not in others.

I think this hits the nail right on the head. Some countries...this is not one of those countries, so discussing it in America equates to talking about an illegal subject. Now granted, it is legal to those that have a prescription, and live in certain states, but that kind of excludes most of the country.

I am in agreement that the motto seems to be subject to discretion too...we can deny ignorance but only to the issues that are permitted by the T & C 's. That does seem hypocritical at best!

Oh well...what do you do? If you don't like the T & C 's you are quickly invited to find another site to express your feelings and thoughts...so until you have a way to build and maintain your own conspiracy web site, your stuck with whatever the site owner decides.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Not to mention that said plant is medically legal in several states, which brings up the whole states rights issue.

Yet we can discuss Montana gun laws that violate federal law all day, so why can't we discuss plants? Makes no sense to me.

There is no reason a well moderated adult only section could not be made to discuss issues that are taboo, seems more of an effort though so maybe we should deny laziness?
edit on 18-6-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
i would think that the drug conspiracy would cover the plant/plants in question would it not? and i've seen that discussion numerous times. I mean, I really don't understand what the fuss is about. because while this forum exists for conspiracy's mainly, there are also sites devoted to plants of all kinds.

I acknowledge that there are sites that exist for plants of this nature and it does not bother me anymore that we can not discuss these things here, this thread is in regards to the 'deny ignorance' part only and how wrong it is to use the motto.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Good point. I think they should just amend the Terms and conditions regarding talking about illegal drugs.

The Hemp (can I say hemp?...this is silly) conspiracy is huge and the health benefits of such plants are immense.

www.youtube.com...

And by keeping the subject taboo the less likely it will be that people are able to wise up and stop living in our binge boozing, chemical prescription drug culture cultivated by and for the fat cats.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No comment on the motto....

But the move will happen soon.

See you in the Alt. Sub. Conspiracies forum.

There are some really nice threads there.

If you can find them.

*Please Note: Some of us are completely legal...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by barefootsoldier

I agree, is it denying ignorance when we allow big pharm to sell us products that do as much harm as good, when their is a plant we don't talk about that aids many of the illness big pharm sells their poisons. Listen to any of the side effects in numerous drug commercials, yeah those are better than a plant that grows free and has almost 0 side effects.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

'deny ignorance' part only and how wrong it is to use the motto

Motto...do you know what that means?

Motto: a short expression of a guiding principle.

I think that they can use whatever motto they want as long as it is not copyrighted.

What would you change it to if you think that this one is not fitting?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I posted an article on Psilocybin/mushrooms a few days back. It was on a legitimate scientific study that showed the Psilocybin may have medicinal effects.

The post was removed.

I had mixed feelings about that. This was because, although it was ultimately about a scientific study, the conversation was quickly going down the flusher, because it involved immature jokes about taking an "illicit drug". I didn't help matters with a comment or two in my OP, either.

Anyhow, at the same time I can see why they may not want to allow those topics, it's a shame we can't talk about certain aspects of it either.

edit on 18-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Man I miss Totse...

For those of you who never heard of it, it was a very big forum, where you could discuss most anything, without fear of being censored. It also had a slew of text files on different subjects, from Ayurvedic plants to building your own zoo

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I had an idea for a new Motto " Deny Apathy ", we all talk about the problems in the world but who actually has done anything to change any of it.

Ignorance seems to be every where on here so why not a motto that is just as empty.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
New motto: "Deny Cannabis, Entheogens, Zionism, 9/11, Hackers, Chemtrails, and in all other cases, Ignorance."

We can kind of combine the things that are not allowed to be spoken of with the ridiculous agenda pushed by the mods into one all-encompassing glorious new motto.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It's seems that in general no one actually minds such a hypocritical statement being used hand in hand with the name of the site judging by the short number of responses.

Is there anyone here who does NOT think it's a hypocritical thing to state? I'd like to hear the reasoning. Again, how can a site use the words 'deny ignorance' when clearly there are rules in place which 'allow ignorance'

To the poster above who asked what it should say instead of deny ignorance, I'd say if we're honest it should say either nothing or 'allow partial ignorance' and that's not gonna happen even though it's true.

Once again, I used weed just as an example and this thread's not about whether or not illegal substance discussion (tho legal in lots of places) should be allowed, we know it's not and that discussion is long worn out, it's the hypocrisy of the site's motto at target here.

join