It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Senior Banker Was Just Gunned Down In Puerto Rico In A Suspected Professional Hit Job

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A Senior Banker Was Just Gunned Down In Puerto Rico In A Suspected Professional Hit Job

www.businessinsider.com

A banker was gunned down in Puerto Rico on Wednesday and at least one Puetro Rican news agency suspects that it might have had something to do with an audit he had recently launched.

The banker, 56-year old Maurice J. Spagnoletti, was Doral Financial corporation's executive vice president of Mortgage and Banking Operations. He had only been working at Doral for 6 moths when he was killed.

What happened is scary. Caribbean Business News says that he was driving a Lexus near the intersection of Muñoz Rivera Avenue and the Minillas Tunnel on the major highway in the capital of San Juan
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessweek.com
billionaires.forbes.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 6/17/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Very interesting how this was done. Could it be some kind of vigilante revenge or did he uncover something he wasnt supposed to know. Was he planning something his handlers wouldnt approve of? Something tells me there is more to this story waiting to be uncovered. Researchers of ATS I ask you to come together and dig up an answer for this crime because the mainstream media cant be expected to report it and the police cant be expected to be competant anymore.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crystalbeing
Could it be some kind of vigilante revenge or did he uncover something he wasnt supposed to know.

If he had just initiated an audit, then it sounds like he was trying to uncover something he wasn't supposed to know.

This sounds like vigilantism on behalf of the criminals running these crooked banking pyramid schemes.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Either way, I cannot consider it a huge loss. Good people just do not stay in banking and get to senior levels imo. Bankers cause more damage than drug cartels and way more than the terrorists ever have. Maybe he foreclosed on the wrong person's house?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
obama just visited there wonder if the 2 events are tied together.

now theres a conspiracy theory worth exploring.

most people see a banker gets killed and meh so what....

the devil is in the details.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
no spilled tears on my part for bankers

crooks politicians

or their ilk

one less scumbag in a suit to worry about

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by crystalbeing
Could it be some kind of vigilante revenge or did he uncover something he wasnt supposed to know.

If he had just initiated an audit, then it sounds like he was trying to uncover something he wasn't supposed to know.

This sounds like vigilantism on behalf of the criminals running these crooked banking pyramid schemes.

Hmm.

I saw that movie "Wanted" about assasins. I thought it was neat how fate decided that all the assasins should kill each other. I thought that was neat and tidy. Seems obvious when you think about it. One day they'll all get hits on each other of rising dollar- or bitcoins value, and poof poof poof they'll start disappearing, and getting rich.

Oh but we'd have to offer even higher dollar amounts and give the winners the loser's bag of dough, at the end it'd be sniper v. sniper for like 5 billion dollars and the world would be free of professional killing assheads like these.

I mean sure they took out some dude, whatever, but my point is that Wanted is a cool flick. And Angelina exists in every team of killers and she can eliminate the whole team at any time, is my point. So take hope friends, for a better world is one screenplay away.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

This is to you and truther:

WOW stereotype much?

I wonder how you both react when people say "most conspiracy theorists are crazy"?

This is the loss of a human life; a life whose right to exist was cut short by some nameless thugs. How can you be so cruel?
edit on 17-6-2011 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Dude, not everything has to do with Obama. Take off the ventilator, it's ok to breath...

CJ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

everything is a conspiracy or why else would we all be on a conspiracy website

we connect the dots that others just cant or just dont want to make.

thats what we do!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

This is to you and truther:

WOW stereotype much?

I wonder how you both react when people say "most conspiracy theorists are crazy"?

This is the loss of a human life; a life whose right to exist was cut short by some nameless thugs. How can you be so cruel?
edit on 17-6-2011 by Dilligaf28 because: (no reason given)
Bankers are leeches by their very profession. They take money earned by our blood sweat and tears and use that money to make more money while charging us fees, while scamming us out of our homes, while charging usurious interest rates and paying us less than the rate of inflation for the use of "our" money. I am sorry, but I cannot summon any tears for the death of such a person.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am not surprised about hearing that some senior banker has been shot on the highway. With the amount of lives that have been wrecked by the banks, I think bankers themselves are lucky because the public have not only realised there is no punishment for what the bankers have done or are doing today with tax payer's money, they are still getting huge bonuses. So as the State won't stop them, who will?

I don't know the circumstances of this man's loss so can't do the sorry, nice guy bit geniunely. But when it comes to bankers and their creating credit then when everyone is committed, removing it and grabbing people's assets, homes, businesses. Its an old trick worked in different countries and I personally hold no feelings on top bankers who are laughing in everybodies faces.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You know nothing of this man, his life, or his activities yet you blatantly judge him according to your own stereotypical views and claim you are incapable of mourning him because of your own stereotypes.

I suggest sir that you are fundamentally lacking in a basic human quality called compassion.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
no spilled tears on my part for bankers

crooks politicians

or their ilk

one less scumbag in a suit to worry about

Normally I would agree, except if he was worth a professional killing, then maybe he was one of the good guys? It says he may have been cooperating with authorities and he had just initiated an audit.

One less banker is normally a good thing, except maybe with this one alive, he would have taken down a bunch more bad ones?
edit on 17-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: had to add the last ]

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

One less conspiracy theorist is a good thing to many. Who wants to be the first to volunteer their life to satisfy the bloodlust of one of those many?

If anyone thinks one less banker is a good thing is justification for murder remember that there are those that would murder you to have one less conspiracy theorist in the world. Both of the parties in the previous sentence are either right or wrong, but one cannot be right while one is wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You know nothing of this man, his life, or his activities yet you blatantly judge him according to your own stereotypical views and claim you are incapable of mourning him because of your own stereotypes.

I suggest sir that you are fundamentally lacking in a basic human quality called compassion.
Have you ever been bit by a mosquito? Did you smack it and kill it? How much compassion did you feel when it died? What about a leech or a tick? Ever gone hunting in the swamp or the woods and after found one of those on you, trying it's level best to suck you dry? Did you let it continue? Did you remove it and set it free?
The OP did not describe a great father killed on the way home from his son's baseball game. For some reason the writer decided the appropriate appellation was "senior banker". Do you think he became a senior banker by helping little old ladies across the street? or was it by dispossessing widows and orphans? Which action do you think would get him elevated to the status of "senior banker"?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

I see a very vast difference between a senior banker, whose bank has lost billions, been bailed by tax payers money and then uses that money purely to invest and make more profit enabling him to pay himself a huge bonus. No risk and no one can stop the blighter.

Now a Conspiracy Theorists who post their ideas onto a conspiracy forum and occasionally discuss eg governmental dirty tricks like Weapons of Mass Destruction and how many dead and injured in Iraq down the pub?

I can see one that people could easily take offence against, but not the other. I also think that men like Sunstein actually feed off of our ideas and views because without a forum like this, how else would he know what we thought. Shoot us you have lost your information forum.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I think your making some pretty biased assumptions if you assume that just because he is a senior banker means he's some sort of nefarious evil villain.

What do ticks, mosquitos, or any other form of insect life have to do with the fact that a man was murdered? This was a living breathing human being whose life was ended. Can you honestly tell me that you feel it is justified to murder someone because of the fact they are in banking?

How would you feel if someone walked up to your husband/wife, brother/sister, son/daughter, and said "hey I know the type that do you line of work and your just worthless so I'm going to kill you, and the murdered that person? Would you feel that the murderer was justified just because he/she felt the victim's line of work was evil and the victim deserved to die thusly?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by getreadyalready

One less conspiracy theorist is a good thing to many. Who wants to be the first to volunteer their life to satisfy the bloodlust of one of those many?

If anyone thinks one less banker is a good thing is justification for murder remember that there are those that would murder you to have one less conspiracy theorist in the world. Both of the parties in the previous sentence are either right or wrong, but one cannot be right while one is wrong.

Conspiracy theorists don't typically do any personal harm. Maybe some hurt feelings or some thwarted plans, but nothing tangible.

Bankers lend money they don't have, they charge exorbitant fees for people to access their own money, they take people's homes and businesses and vehicles.

I am no angel, and if someone I have seriously wronged comes looking for my blood, I will defend myself, but if I lose, I won't complain about the consequences. In the end, hopefully, we all get what we deserve.

Plus, you might have missed my earlier point. I actually stated that this banker might have been one of the good ones, and perhaps this death is a tragedy.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
reply to post by Dilligaf28

I see a very vast difference between a senior banker, whose bank has lost billions, been bailed by tax payers money and then uses that money purely to invest and make more profit enabling him to pay himself a huge bonus. No risk and no one can stop the blighter.

Now a Conspiracy Theorists who post their ideas onto a conspiracy forum and occasionally discuss eg governmental dirty tricks like Weapons of Mass Destruction and how many dead and injured in Iraq down the pub?

I can see one that people could easily take offence against, but not the other. I also think that men like Sunstein actually feed off of our ideas and views because without a forum like this, how else would he know what we thought. Shoot us you have lost your information forum.

I see a very vast difference between a senior banker, who has worked his whole life in his industry for the betterment of his family and has helped many people get the financing to turn their dreams into reality. The banker also has the obligation to enforce contracts that he and the borrowers voluntarily entered into and performs this duty with no regard to his personal feelings on the matter.

Now a Conspiracy Theorist just sits around all day making up wild crazy stuff to foster fear and dread amongst the populace; or even plots to harm the populate (timothy mcveigh). High risk and no one can stop the blighter.

See there is no difference. Your opinion or the fictional one I responded with are both opinions. Opinions that either person has every right to hold; that is to say until that opinion prompts someone to murder another human being.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join