It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver Riot 'Kiss' Photograph Sparks Mystery: (Riot? What riot?-)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Couple caught on camera by photojournalist during riot following Canucks' loss in Stanley Cup decider
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e7a707789f9.jpg[/atsimg]

Lying in the street and seemingly locked in a kiss as chaos erupts around them, a young couple appear oblivious to the charging crowds and baton-wielding riot police. The photograph, taken amid Vancouver's hockey riots, has been tweeted around the world. But the photographer who took it is still not sure what the picture really shows.

The photographer was being buffeted by rioters and riot police when he spotted the couple. "I was about 20 or 30 yards away," he said. "There were these two people on the ground in this empty street. Initially I thought one of them was hurt." He took a few shots and then the moment was lost. "It was complete chaos. Rioters set two cars on fire and then I saw looters break the window at a neighbouring department store,"

"At that point, the riot police charged right towards us. After I stopped running, I noticed in the space behind the line of police that two people were lying in the street with the riot police and a raging fire just beyond them. "I knew I had captured a 'moment' when I snapped the still forms against the backdrop of such chaos but it wasn't until later when I returned to the rink to file my photos that my editor pointed out that the two people were not hurt, but kissing."

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...#
(be sure to check the article site-clickable pic)

Ah, to be young again. To feel the rush of passion of a young woman in your arms etc. .....(thinking of someone special from a Long time ago).................

Anyway, look at them. When I first saw this I though PhotoShopped... But, apparently it's real.

Man, almost like a movie scene/shot. Couldn't write a better plot-Riots, death, injuries, fires and passion! Anyone else hear about this etc? How about you. Where would you be in this pic?

MOD: I searched and didn't see previous and, I thought the photo would be okay as it is in public print/newspapers. If not, please take photo out or let me know etc. Thank you.

(back to thinking of my younger days).....

edit on 6/17/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That is awesome, good for them, !

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
That's awesome, the photo and the couple.
Sometimes when you're with someone you care about, nothing else is important.
And not one care was given that day.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Not sure the internet meme version of this is right to be honest

A kiss amid the chaos?

Looks like she was steamrollered by police just prior to the pic being taken....it is not a romantic interlude, more a medical intervention.
edit on 17-6-2011 by lnr42 because: people...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
BEAUTIFUL...Absolutely beautiful. Hope they weren't trampled on. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

I read what you posted and say Okay.

But, go to the main link I put in the OP/Thread.

You can click on the photo to do a close up.

And then read the article. The PHOTOGRAPHER told what happened, from his angle etc (if you didn't read the post etc).

Looks like a kiss to me. Let her come forth and show us the injury or deny the Kiss Claim. hehehe

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
They were trampled upon and the girl is in pain:

[This update was inserted on 17 June 2011: After publication of this Guardian article, further details about the couple and the incident emerged. A subsequent Guardian online piece is headlined Vancouver kiss couple 'were knocked down by riot police'.]
www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 17/6/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Check the second pic in the link provided.

I guess that could be a 'coitus interuptus' face but I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I can see why he is kissing her. She looks like a hottie.

They seem to have each other's undivided attention. Good for them!

Why riot when you can make love on a street?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
MOD: I searched and didn't see previous and, I thought the photo would be okay as it is in public print/newspapers. If not, please take photo out or let me know etc. Thank you.

imo, there is nothing wrong with the pic. The younger, more hormonal influenced will get bigger jollies out of a clothing catalogue.

The photo is striking, though, and could easily be mistaken for gentle lovemaking which, under the circumstances, is unlikely. Chances are this photo will become very famous.

edit on 17/6/11 by masqua because: spllng

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnr42
Not sure the internet meme version of this is right to be honest

A kiss amid the chaos?

Looks like she was steamrollered by police just prior to the pic being taken....it is not a romantic interlude, more a medical intervention.
edit on 17-6-2011 by lnr42 because: people...

If you zoom in on the picture, you can see his lips are clearly touching her face, and her hand is around his neck. Also, it is easier for her leg to go between his rather than him twisting and contorting his legs around hers.

If she was "injured" they eventually got it on anyways, so the context really doesn't matter. If she was injured and he came to her rescue, all the more reason for some passion amid warplay.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
They were trampled upon and the girl is in pain:

[This update was inserted on 17 June 2011: After publication of this Guardian article, further details about the couple and the incident emerged. A subsequent Guardian online piece is headlined Vancouver kiss couple 'were knocked down by riot police'.]
www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 17/6/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

They might have been trampled, and she might have been in pain, but that is still a tender embrace by a caring lover!! No matter what got them to that particular moment, it is still a beautiful picture in contrast! It is amazing that the photographer was able to capture it, in focus, and not even realize what he had!

It does make sense that she was probably a little hurt, and he was trying to comfort her, but everything just fell into place so perfectly. The close policeman has his baton in hand, our perspective is looking over his shoulder, the chaos at the far end is out of focus and has obvious movement, and then, in the direct middle, in perfect focus, with a clean street around them, and perfect lighting, there is an embraced couple.

If that picture is legit and not staged, then it is Pulitzer Worthy!

ETA:
Oh ya, and there is the happenstance that both people are extremely attractive!

Originally posted by butcherguy
I can see why he is kissing her. She looks like a hottie.

They seem to have each other's undivided attention. Good for them!

Why riot when you can make love on a street?

Just WOWOWOW! I hope it wins some awards!!
edit on 17-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You mean this photo ?

Vancouver kiss couple 'were knocked down by riot police
www.guardian.co.uk...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
edit on 17-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I didn't have a clue when I first saw the picture, but after the other photos, yes he is comforting her.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
LOL... You know those two are definitely NOT married.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

that photo proves the girl was knocked down and the man comforted her, and then they locked in an embrace as shown by the second photo.

Rather than this disproving the kiss this just explains how the kiss happened.

edit on 17-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
LOL... You know those two are definitely NOT married.

Why do you say that?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Doesn't know you. Being a flamer maybe.

Well anyway, I decided, if I was that man in the pic, I would be helping out as much as I could also. Even offer her a place to stay for the night-or until she can be mobile without assistance.

What a nice guy I am.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Doesn't know you. Being a flamer maybe.

Well anyway, I decided, if I was that man in the pic, I would be helping out as much as I could also. Even offer her a place to stay for the night-or until she can be mobile without assistance.

What a nice guy I am.

Yes, you are.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The skinny, from the boys dad:

“How’s that for making love, not war,” astonished dad Brett Jones declared on his Facebook page, telling the world that the famous Romeo in a Vancouver riot picture is his son.

If you haven’t seen it, Scott Jones, 29, is lying on a street locked in an embrace with girlfriend Alexandra Thomas as they’re flanked by riot police Wednesday night.

View more photos

“She had actually been injured,” Brett Jones told the Star Friday morning from his home in Perth, Australia. “She had been knocked down by a shield” from the riot police.
“He lay down next to her to comfort her. She was crying and he just kissed her to calm her down.”

www.thestar.com...

More pics linked in the link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join