It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from Elenin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

good job

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Just wanna make somethin clear. Astronomer Elenin Never said that he hopes this backfires on all the people afraid of this... Object. So you were wrong to represent him as sharing your view on this matter...... Care to retract the statement?

Correct; I'm sorry if I implied that. Elenin is a much more positive individual. His hope is that people will discover the joys of astronomy.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No, Google provides no new Elenin information, if I somehow missed it in my extensive search, please enlighten me on all the new data and pics.

With pleasure:

Click here.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Correct; I'm sorry if I implied that. Elenin is a much more positive individual. His hope is that people will discover the joys of astronomy

Color me paranoid, but the way things are in this day and age, how can we even be sure what this means ?

I mean" discover the joys of astronomy"? I can go to stumble upon and discover every joy of astronomy there is.
Or just look at them. Something is hokey with this Elenin crap to the point that even if it turns out there isn't.
Everyone who thought so had a lot of good reason. That's all I'm say'in.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Everyone who thought so had a lot of good reason.

No, they didn't. They paid too much attention to a small group of people who were making things up. I will never understand why people choose to live in fear.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by randyvs

Everyone who thought so had a lot of good reason.

No, they didn't. They paid too much attention to a small group of people who were making things up. I will never understand why people choose to live in fear.

Though I guess if you leave so many holes in a story, people are bound to fill them up

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Does this mean no SHTF? I don't understand.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Does this mean no SHTF? I don't understand.

No it doesn't.

The S can HTF at anytime, it is just so very unlikely with this particular comet.

Even though lots of people have made lots of noise about this comet being something it is becoming more apparent that it isn't.

I think people are trying to fit SHTF to a particular time-frame and are grasping at straws trying to find something to pin it all on.

SHTF is inevitable at some stage, and with varying definitions of SHTF.
edit on 16/6/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Download Google Earth, then change option to Google sky, then punch in the below boldened co-ordinates, now, as far as I can see, comets just go in an orbit, that is to say, a straightish (obviously a slight curvateur otherwise it wouldnt be an orbit would it) line....not shimmying left and right as this comet is doing.

I've got a better idea. Get away from google ANYTHING and go outside with your eyes or preferably with a pair of binoculars and start learning some practical astronomy by DOING it.
I cant believe this thread got to page 4 before anyone (me) had to point out that the "hard banking turn" is perfectly normal and expected.

This is where to find comet Elenin in the sky...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8a7aae5e2be.gif[/atsimg]

and yes it shimmys left and right, for sure.

Its not the only comet that does it. Here is comet Holmes doing a flippy flip in Perseus...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94bfca07ece1.gif[/atsimg]

Asteroids do it too. Here is asteriod Vesta...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c63918f67d1c.gif[/atsimg]
and see, it shimmys left and right.

Planets do it too.
Here is Mars doing some hard banking turns...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46aaed12260e.gif[/atsimg]

The reason is the effect known as "apparent retrograde motion"
Wikipedia

The comet/planet/asteriod doesnt actually move back and forth doing those "hard banking turns", but its just an effect of trying to watch that moving object while you're standing on another moving object (the earth).
For those too lazy to visit wikipedia and read about, look at this pic instead...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/098a89848f9d.gif[/atsimg]

I hope this clears up what appears to have been a big misunderstanding.

And I repeat what I said earlier about going outside and looking at stuff in the sky.
DO it, dont google sky it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
An honest thankyou. Thats one less concern. Can I ask, is that much motion meant to be seen over a 6-7 day period?
edit on 16-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Enjoy life until the next alignment, Sept 25th-26th-27th. You can show me all the pics you want about those 3 coincidences you wont convince me that it isn't having an effect of some sort.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Alright, I say," People have every reason to wonder what's going on with Elenin". Then you come back with, "Why do people want to live in fear"? So now look how that can be taken?
edit on 16-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not to mention rifts and tears and sink holes opening up in the earth. Fish and birds dying all over the planet that number in the millions.Massive 5 minute 9.0 eathquakes 8.3 Japan , Chile. I got something to say about people being scared. If their not scared by now thier dead. Why do people want to live in fear?

I only wish I was making this stuff up? Volcanoes every where Radiation from Fuki shall I continue? I can.

To me it's like someone went to open a can of whoop ass and they grabbed a can of fear instead.

I'm not trying to derail OP I'm finished for at least awhile .

SnF

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
S+F DJ

I've actually lost count of all the full or partial lunar eclipses I've seen in my time but unfortunately never had the means to get a decent telescope. OH is hellbent on getting hold of a good one for me as a Christmas present.
As for the Doom & Gloom folks peddle, well, I'm toying with the idea of getting married Dec 21st 2012 as a two fingered salute to all the nonsense.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

If we're alive on that date, I'll be thinking of ya. Pity the Mayan Calendar actually ends Oct 28 this year. People who go buy the Dec 21 2012 are not taking into account the amount of times the calendar that we use has been changed, and how many days have been left out. Yes, Elenin was predicted on the NASA Buzzroom, to hit Oct 21st (Harold Campings NEW GUESS before he actually mentioned this date but of course he has been wrong twice already so no-one is going to listen this time)

This is the year. Yay!!! I have 3 beautiful boys and a loving wife so I have as much to lose as anyone.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If anyone is interested a few minutes ago Elenin was 169,097,240 miles away travelling towards us at approx 8500 mph (according to my Stellarium software) using the latest figures from JPL Horizons.

I was bored so just decided to do a bit of maths

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Suspiria

If we're alive on that date, I'll be thinking of ya. Pity the Mayan Calendar actually ends Oct 28 this year. People who go buy the Dec 21 2012 are not taking into account the amount of times the calendar that we use has been changed, and how many days have been left out. Yes, Elenin was predicted on the NASA Buzzroom, to hit Oct 21st (Harold Campings NEW GUESS before he actually mentioned this date but of course he has been wrong twice already so no-one is going to listen this time)

This is the year. Yay!!! I have 3 beautiful boys and a loving wife so I have as much to lose as anyone.

Unfortunately I can't pick every date, maybe two if I went for a handfasting too but I thought I'd go for the most longstanding doom date most of us have come to know.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Can I ask, is that much motion meant to be seen over a 6-7 day period?

The numbers do not represent days. They are simply there to indicate the direction of motion (ie. from 1 to 7). Since Earth moves half an orbit in that diagram, it stands to reason that this would be approximately 183 days.

Actually, there is a slight error in the diagram. Can you spot it?
edit on 16-6-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My tin foil hat is heating up!
Theres something amiss with this whole Elenin situation fom Leonid and his supposed comet to the OP and this thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Why would Leonid Elenin give a message to the world? Very strange! Especially a message of reassurance that the world is safe, when alot of people believe Elenin has caused death already.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I thought Elenin was a spaceship....coming to enlighten us all....lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join